BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers clinic

A drop in clinic will be held daily on the car park behind the Darwen End for any supporters who hold out any hope whatsoever that the Venky's will sack Kean and appoint a decent manager who will spend their millions wisely in the return to the top table, just bring your 2012-13 season ticket and your lunacy will be confirmed.

The former season ticket holders who have now seen the light and refuse to renew are holding a happy clappy told you so soiree in the Blues Bar a week on Tuesday.

I however will weep at the ineptitude of these people and curse the day that the word " Venky Rao or Desai" ever appeared on a message board connected with my club.

My real problem is really with that guy who has nothing to do with the club who invited us fans to "give him a call" on his Asda phone to profess his innocence. You Sir are guilty as charged as far as I am concerned and I will not forget.

• Moderation Lead

I swear at the start of next season if things keep going as they are- the only remaining S/T holders will be walking to Ewood being called 'scabs' by protesting supporters a la the miners' strikes....

I swear at the start of next season if things keep going as they are- the only remaining S/T holders will be walking to Ewood being called 'scabs' by protesting supporters a la the miners' strikes....

They are supporting a regime that requires change so if they are happy with that then so be it. To compare it with the Miners Strike which was a political crusade is plainly ridiculous, I think all the political parties involved with this farce are holding hands.

• Moderation Lead

Not really ridiculous, your initial post got me thinking along those lines.

I absolutely love BRFC, and if I do decide to renew, and that makes me a Rovers Fan, then so be it.

Fans shouldn't be hounded for renewing but it is a decision that lacks all sense.

You can't separate Venky's from the club. Which is why we're playing next season in the Championship.

Fans shouldn't be hounded for renewing but it is a decision that lacks all sense.

You can't separate Venky's from the club. Which is why we're playing next season in the Championship.

I am not hounding anyone, merely expressing my opinion the renewers are supporting Venkean Rovers, if you renew you have to live with it.

I am not hounding anyone, merely expressing my opinion the renewers are supporting Venkean Rovers, if you renew you have to live with it.

Yes you do. Sadly, you also have to live with being called a moron. Which I will wear.

I have decided despite obvious misgivings to continue to get my fix of watching live football by going to Ewood. Assuming they continue to put a game on once a fortnight.

Going to Stanley or Chorley just doesn't feel right. Doesn't mean I like what's happening or what they are doing and I will continue to protest in whatever other way I can. It might change nothing but I can't sing "Rovers till I die" then walk away when it gets cancer.

There not scabs, just very weak and short sited.

being a football supporter does not mean having to go to every game, every season.

Nor does it mean turning your back on the club your claim to 'support'

nobodys turning their back, just making a stand(its a point of priciple), like it or not but by renewing your season ticket at this point in time is the same as supporting what is going on in the eyes of kean/venkys(sorry its just a fact), why people cant at least hold of untill the last minute to see how things pan out before making a decision, i dont know.

There not scabs, just very weak and short sited.

being a football supporter does not mean having to go to every game, every season.

I'm not going to get into a supporter-weighing contest.

Your conscious is clear. I'm happy for you.

Another 'I' haven't renewed, therefore I have the high ground of morality topic!!!!

Protests both IN and OUT of the ground make a difference.

The interview today shows for me, the protests against Venkys inside the ground have took them aback.

nobodys turning their back, just making a stand(its a point of priciple), like it or not but by renewing your season ticket at this point in time is the same as supporting what is going on(sorry its just a fact), why people cant at least hold of untill the last minute to see how things pan out before making a decision, i dont know.

How is it a fact, please do explain?

I support BRFC, not Kean, Agnew or Venkys.

I'm not going to get into a supporter-weighing contest.

neither am i bud, you either support a particular club or you don't, there is no higher or lower levels of support(Uncle jack being the only exception!), I'm just trying to understand why anybody would give money to this regime as it is and Steve Kean 'will' be claiming to the owners that all the people that renew now are his supporters.

i never mentioned anything about protests?, not renewing or buying a season ticket hits them where it hurts(in the pocket), where as the protest marches ect.. where just mildly irritating to them.

I'm not having a personal go at anybody, just trying to understand how people are justifying carrying on as normal as if nothings happening to our club.

P.S. I apologize for saying season ticket buyers are 'weak', but short sighted defo.

People can do whatever they wish. No one likes what is happening. It's like we are battered housewives, still doing the tea and the cleaning, hoping it might get better, remembering the good times. It's not easy just to walk away sometimes, even though we probably should.

People can do whatever they wish. No one likes what is happening. It's like we are battered housewives, still doing the tea and the cleaning, hoping it might get better, remembering the good times. It's not easy just to walk away sometimes, even though we probably should.

Fair point, capisci,

I think a charity helpine should be set up for us.

neither am i bud, you either support a particular club or you don't, there is no higher or lower levels of support(Uncle jack being the only exception!), I'm just trying to understand why anybody would give money to this regime as it is and Steve Kean 'will' be claiming to the owners that all the people that renew now are his supporters.

i never mentioned anything about protests?, not renewing or buying a season ticket hits them where it hurts(in the pocket), where as the protest marches ect.. where just mildly irritating to them.

I'm not having a personal go at anybody, just trying to understand how people are justifying carrying on as normal as if nothings happening to our club.

P.S. I apologize for saying season ticket buyers are 'weak', but short sighted defo.

Look mate. I'm on here or twitter, most days. I read virtually every post, good, bad or indifferent. I read the links, I watch the videos, I do my best to keep up with what's going on. There is a lot of crap spouted - a lot of it from fans and a lot from people who are employed by the club. I've protested, I've chanted. I want Kean to leave - ideally to walk away - and I want Venkys to wise up or begger off too.

I'm not "carrying on as normal" and I'm not "short sighted". I have a very good idea where my money has gone but I'm getting something back too - live football. Albeit something much less than I have got in the past. I appreciate that the £300-odd quid I've spent on mine and my lads' season tickets will probably not be reinvested, I know it's possible that I'll be construed as supporting the regime - even though I do not want to. I'm even partly concerned that the club will close before the end of the season but I still plan to go.

I hope that between now and the start of the season something will change. If it doesn't then I'll continue to watch the football, or at least a set of players in blue and white kick a ball around Ewood, shout a few "Kean Outs" (probably as part of a minority - which was common prior to the last couple of home games). I won't buy a new shirt until Kean is gone - that's my small financial protest now.

I appreciate you don't agree, probably don't care but please don't patronise us for continuing to follow the only club we've ever supported. The only thing sadder than continuing to have to put up with the crap we get from "the club" is not renewing, yet continuing to post on a Rovers fan messageboard.

If people don't want to follow the team any more, then fine, that's their prerogative, but it doesn't make sense for them to continue posting on here about it. Or does it...?

Look mate. I'm on here or twitter, most days. I read virtually every post, good, bad or indifferent. I read the links, I watch the videos, I do my best to keep up with what's going on. There is a lot of crap spouted - a lot of it from fans and a lot from people who are employed by the club. I've protested, I've chanted. I want Kean to leave - ideally to walk away - and I want Venkys to wise up or begger off too.

I'm not "carrying on as normal" and I'm not "short sighted". I have a very good idea where my money has gone but I'm getting something back too - live football. Albeit something much less than I have got in the past. I appreciate that the £300-odd quid I've spent on mine and my lads' season tickets will probably not be reinvested, I know it's possible that I'll be construed as supporting the regime - even though I do not want to. I'm even partly concerned that the club will close before the end of the season but I still plan to go.

I hope that between now and the start of the season something will change. If it doesn't then I'll continue to watch the football, or at least a set of players in blue and white kick a ball around Ewood, shout a few "Kean Outs" (probably as part of a minority - which was common prior to the last couple of home games). I won't buy a new shirt until Kean is gone - that's my small financial protest now.

I appreciate you don't agree, probably don't care but please don't patronise us for continuing to follow the only club we've ever supported. The only thing sadder than continuing to have to put up with the crap we get from "the club" is not renewing, yet continuing to post on a Rovers fan messageboard.

If people don't want to follow the team any more, then fine, that's their prerogative, but it doesn't make sense for them to continue posting on here about it. Or does it...?

i was with you all the way until your last 2 paragraphs, who said anything about not following or the team, nobody can just switch of being a supporter, thats ridiculous and as for posting on here wtf(there some regular posters on here that don't and have never even followed rovers, but its an open forum so anybody can post.

sorry if Ive riled you, wasn't my intention.

I hope people have more sense. Some people might have short memories or a lack of knowledge of history but it isn't a word to be thrown around casually.

i was with you all the way untill your last 2 paragraphs, who said anything about not following or the team, nobody can just switch of being a supporter, thats ridiculose and as for posting on here wtf(there some regular posters on here that dont and have never even followed rovers, but its an open forum so anybody can post.

sorry if ive riled you, wasnt my intention.

No, not riled. I just don't think it's right to mock people who continue to support the team - you're not the only one by the way. I don't think the fanbase has ever been as united in its opinions of the club so there's no point trying to create rival groups out of those who stay away and those who continue to attend.

I didn't say people can't post (or didn't intend to) I said I don't understand why they do. There's not much more that can be said - that hasn't already been said - about the reasons we are ALL in this mess.

You wanted relegation tho . You wanted us to lose every match .

No comment to make other than to attend Ewood next season will be a massively different experience that a lot of renewers are currently anticipating. Shouts echoing eerily around Ewood will be like watching a poorly attended school swimming gala.

Archived