BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers clinic

Nor does it mean turning your back on the club your claim to 'support'

Nor does it mean simply turning up every week and cheering on the team-------robots could do that.

Sometimes you have to make courageous decisions for the betterment of the team in the long run..

That isn't turning your back on the team------its functioning as a rational human being.

In the voice of my avatar Cartman,

Screw you I'm going t'game

Appreciate the views of others but I'm not letting go. Attending the Rovers with my family is personally a very big thing for me, and this shower are not going to stop that.

jeez, talk about fairweather fans. what happened to support your team win, lose or draw? bet you'll be back when we start winning games

I suspect you are an internet troller, & just trying to get a reaction. Good luck with that. You just buy your tickets and just leave the rest of us to make our our minds up. I've had a ST for 20 years so I don't think I have to justify myself to you.

No comment to make other than to attend Ewood next season will be a massively different experience that a lot of renewers are currently anticipating. Shouts echoing eerily around Ewood will be like watching a poorly attended school swimming gala.

If you'd have been referring to the quality of football, I'd see your point but we've all been to early league cup games and reserve matches at the modern Ewood, so it won't be a complete shock.

Plus, even with 25k on we've had to endure "your support is ###### ######" more often than not so if anything a swigs mentality can only improve that.

You know yourself that anticipation of a poor atmosphere is a bullocks reason not to attend so don't just make stuff up.

Let's not kid ourselves, we are all Rovers fans so atmosphere has never been a major factor in attending. The ONLY reason not to attend (particularly at the early bird price) is to stick two fingers up at Venkys and avoid having to watch Kean on the touchline. I have friends who have renewed and I have friends and family who have not, and I've never been called a moron by any of them. (Unless they post on here :unsure:)

My gut feeling is that going or staying away won't impact our neglegent owners - they simple don't care about what has happened. If they did they would have acted to change it - and they STILL haven't acted. The only people we are really hurting is each other.

If you'd have been referring to the quality of football, I'd see your point but we've all been to early league cup games and reserve matches at the modern Ewood, so it won't be a complete shock.

Plus, even with 25k on we've had to endure "your support is ###### ######" more often than not so if anything a swigs mentality can only improve that.

You know yourself that anticipation of a poor atmosphere is a bullocks reason not to attend so don't just make stuff up.

Let's not kid ourselves, we are all Rovers fans so atmosphere has never been a major factor in attending. The ONLY reason not to attend (particularly at the early bird price) is to stick two fingers up at Venkys and avoid having to watch Kean on the touchline. I have friends who have renewed and I have friends and family who have not, and I've never been called a moron by any of them. (Unless they post on here :unsure:)

My gut feeling is that going or staying away won't impact our neglegent owners - they simple don't care about what has happened. If they did they would have acted to change it - and they STILL haven't acted. The only people we are really hurting is each other.

Whilst i agree that it won't make any difference to the owners whether we are there or not as they seem intent on doing exactly what they please anyway, I can't bring myself to buy a season ticket. Eventually something must force those idiots our of Rovers, and who knows what it will be. It certainly won't be loads of season ticket renewals. It's far more likely that the lack of renewals will be part of something that gets them out. If you have good reason for renewing - and I appreciate for some it's their time with their kids, they have someone they take who wans to carry on going etc - then I can understand and I have no problems whatsoever with that. If there is no compelling reason for you to go though, that's where I struggle. I wanted to get a ST. I got one last season when my husband didn't want us to go. I was determined not to be driven out of my club by people I thought would be here and gone in no time. However, it seems that they are resistant to every attmept to prise them out, so I'm leaving the house rather than waste any more time trying to get rid, because i can't take any more Saturday nights where I come home incandescent with rage and unable to enjoy the rest of my day. If they go, if even just kean goes and someone half way competent comes in, I and my family will be back. I don't call you names for buying season tickets, but i do struggle to understand just what you'll get out of watching 11 players you don't recognise getting beaten by teams who, 2 seasons ago we'd have looked at and thought, unless it's a banana skin, we should thump this lot. This will imost likely not be a Rovers team containing any players we have grown to think of as ours or very few, managed by an odious little man who everyone hates, and I just can't see why i should put myself through the experience and the anger that will follow

There is an old saying....... "If you want something different to happen, you've got to do something different"

As yet I've seen nothing different. Have you?

I didn't renew last season remember Stuart. The writing was on the wall then. Everybody now knows I was right then and unless something happens to change things time will prove me right again. Empty words and meaningless rhetoric originating from Pune is just that.

Absolutely correct. Crowds could sink below 5,000 but it won't make any difference to the owners.

I'll still be going to most matches when I am able but I understand those who decide to stay away.

• Backroom

I think enough people have not renewed at present to put the point across. I don't think Venky's care much, though... if they did Kean would be out on his arse by now as he's a huge reason people aren't renewing.

There is an old saying....... "If you want something different to happen, you've got to do something different"

As yet I've seen nothing different. Have you?

I didn't renew last season remember Stuart. The writing was on the wall then. Everybody now knows I was right then and unless something happens to change things time will prove me right again. Empty words and meaningless rhetoric originating from Pune is just that.

Quite but that's got nothing to do with staying away due to lack atmosphere.

Guest SuperAgentJB

Ive said it in about 3 other similar topics.

I have renewed. If the bald moron is still in charge come the first game of the season I will be protesting in and out of the ground.

The crux of the situation for me; Give up your seat, give up your voice

I prefer to see my money going into the pockets of the bar staff, ticket sellers, club shop staff, local security firms and manufacturers who have relied on the money the club generates for years.

It's obviously harder for some to stay away. This has no baring on your weight as fans, its just a different emotional connection to the club.

• Moderation Lead

I hope people have more sense. Some people might have short memories or a lack of knowledge of history but it isn't a word to be thrown around casually.

I was making a light-hearted quip and comparison, I wasn't meaning to cause offence.

You wanted relegation tho . You wanted us to lose every match .

Was there a point to this?

Another season in the PL would have been unbearable.

More chance of Venky's selling up now.

Ive said it in about 3 other similar topics.

I have renewed. If the bald moron is still in charge come the first game of the season I will be protesting in and out of the ground.

The crux of the situation for me; Give up your seat, give up your voice

I prefer to see my money going into the pockets of the bar staff, ticket sellers, club shop staff, local security firms and manufacturers who have relied on the money the club generates for years.

It's obviously harder for some to stay away. This has no baring on your weight as fans, its just a different emotional connection to the club.

If I thought my cash would actually go to paying those people you mention, then I'd probably pay it, but i suspect whether we buy season tickets or not, those jobs will go. they'll try to blame it on us, just as they've tried to blame every other poor thing that's happened on us, but it's not our fault - it's their actions that put people's livelihoods at risk, not ours.

Being in the championship, I don't think the media will even mention our diminished crowds.

Yeah, I agree. Everyone is unhappy with the situation, whether you choose to go to the games or not. Hats off to those who refuse to get a ST and that stance has to be supported and respected.

The same goes for those who decide to keep going - support the club through thick and thin.

The media isn't going to comment on "only 5000 at Ewood for the Barnsley clash". The media will not give a toss about Rovers as a Championship club. But they might if those 5000 are stll shouting "Kean Out Venkys Out"

Everyone has their own way of protesting. Its a tough call - in going to the games you are giving Venkys your money - but its your best chance of getting the point across. The sound of a full stadium shouting "Kean Out Venkys Out" may be just as powerful a message than empty seats.

Being on t'other side of the world its not a decision I have to make so I don't envy you. But I can say that I will not buy another piece of merchandise or kit until they've gone.

Archived