BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Newsham gone ?

James Wilkinson‏@jimwilkz

John Newsham, safety officer at Ewood, latest to be potted. Came in for stick over searches at Darwen End

Posted 10 minutes ago.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If true perhaps it was the massive error of getting small children searched on entry to the Darwen End.

I don't know about sacking, for that gem he deserves putting in stocks and pelting with rotten veg outside of the town hall.

I thought he was always planning on leaving this summer?

Sadly he will be remembered for his draconian methods this year and being part of the shocking treatment of our own fans by the club.

Tbh this is bad news,

John has spent the last 9 months trying his hardest to get some communication opened for the supporters. He is one of the good guys who has always had his door open to the supporters.

He has tried to facilitate so much since protest started, and the abuse he has come in for has been unfair.

Having worked with him over the last 9 months, I only have good things to say about John and wish him all the best

I spoke to John recently and he intimated to me that he had had enoguh and would review his position at the end of the season. Whether he has left of his own volition or been sacked I wonder if he signed an NDA? I think John could really spill the beans on who was pulling the strings and antagonising the fans. It wouldn't make national news but I'm sure the LT would be interested.

If true perhaps it was the massive error of getting small children searched on entry to the Darwen End.

Hardly. IMO, it probably was because he actually missed some of the banners. I bet the next head of security will make Newsham look like a chill, fun-loving guy.

I always feel sorry for anyone who loses their job, as there is usually family etc who also suffer as a consequence.

What's not clear was if Newsham was 'making policy' or merely 'following orders'. If the latter, who was pulling his strings ?

Irrespective of the previous point, IMO, Newsham made some bad judgement calls last season which did not reflect well on either his competence or suitability for the role and went some way to Rovers losing that 'family feel'.

Tbh this is bad news,

John has spent the last 9 months trying his hardest to get some communication opened for the supporters. He is one of the good guys who has always had his door open to the supporters.

He has tried to facilitate so much since protest started, and the abuse he has come in for has been unfair.

Having worked with him over the last 9 months, I only have good things to say about John and wish him all the best

Well I know what I think Glen, I wonder if he would be as gracious towards you. That's just me but my dealings with him have been short lived compared to you so I'll take your word for it.

The Ewood chicken did for him.

There were actually two chickens smuggled in too! The one that got on the pitch and a "backup" chicken.

I always feel sorry for anyone who loses their job, as there is usually family etc who also suffer as a consequence.

What's not clear was if Newsham was 'making policy' or merely 'following orders'. If the latter, who was pulling his strings ?

Irrespective of the previous point, IMO, Newsham made some bad judgement calls last season which did not reflect well on either his competence or suitability for the role and went some way to Rovers losing that 'family feel'.

John has bosses, like anyone else who is PAYE, He faciliated protest to allow supporters to air their concern peacefully and safely. They never had to allow protest in the ground, and to be fair certain events over the last 2 weeks have pretty much made his position unsustainable

when no-one could get a peep out the club, John opened his door and got Paul Hunt to engage, the dark forces within the club, and the hit list which has been drafted by you know who, shows what a sham rovers has become.

The authorities need to step in now, before it gets any worse, He wont be the only exit either as im being told another individual who was here before venkys is female, is also on the brink

He told me some time ago he was retiring this summer. Sorry to upset all the 'sacked' theories...

All the best, John, enjoy your retirement.

I spoke with John last week, and he had no plans to retire this summer, he had the option to do this come christmas, but fancied another 5 years.

The authorities need to step in now, before it gets any worse, He wont be the only exit either as im being told another individual who was here before venkys is female, is also on the brink

We've been saying that for a while but, seemingly, nobody seems to be able to do anything about it.

How confident, % terms, are you that next week's meetings with Scudamore & Sports Minister are going to achieve anything because in reality, despite a lot of huffing, puffing and speculation, no one, so far, has been able to lay a glove on the regime.

He told me some time ago he was retiring this summer. Sorry to upset all the 'sacked' theories...

All the best, John, enjoy your retirement.

Think you best go and inform John of this news then because he certainly is not aware this was a 'planned retirement'!

We've been saying that for a while but, seemingly, nobody seems to be able to do anything.

How confident, % terms, are you that next week's meetings with Scudamore & Sports Minister are going to achieve anything because in reality, despite a lot of huffing, puffing and speculation, no one, so far, has been able to lay a glove on the regime.

Working tiredlessly to try and put things together, must admit quite disappointed at the lack of letters from supporters or evidence of what people have alledged. No-one has been in contact regarding these tthings from a supporters point of view, so its gonna be a mammoth task, thankfully though, we have a strong team going

Archived