BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Newsham gone ?

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I met John twice and he seemed perfectly reasonable to me. I never understood the criticism he received but then never experienced any of the problems others have discussed elsewhere.

TBH if I didn't have my son to consider I would now stop going to Ewood.

John was firm when needed, but fair. At the end of the day if anything went wrong it was on his head.

All I can say he was very accommodating and gave a lot of time to members of the DE group who went to see him to discuss idea's etc... we had a good dialogue with him and will be sad to see him go.

All the best John.

He told me some time ago he was retiring this summer. Sorry to upset all the 'sacked' theories...

All the best, John, enjoy your retirement.

Sorry but are you ever wrong, and why do you always defend everything and anything to do with this rotten Club?

Since when is saying that someone had told me he was retiring this summer defending the club? If that was not the case, and he has lost his job for other reasons that is a different matter I can assure you I would be as upset as anyone.

Had dealings with John on numerous occasions and always been very helpful, although I accept others have had different experiences.

I am told that he was pushed rather than him deciding to jump, John was allegedly not Kean's biggest fan, another indication that his lordship is going no where.

If true, then, IMO, this perfectly illustrates what a despicable and downright nasty piece of work his Wankership is. God, I fekkin hate him. There's not a cat's chance in hell I will ever "support" this shambles of a club before it is cleansed of all the poor excuses for human beings currently in control of it. Best thing would be to just forget about this rotten to the core club, but this messageboard and the memories of what the club used to be makes it hard to do so.

Since when is saying that someone had told me he was retiring this summer defending the club? If that was not the case, and he has lost his job for other reasons that is a different matter I can assure you I would be as upset as anyone.

thankfully mum those of us with iqs higher than a talking coconut, know your not defending the club when you post what you did.

thankfully mum those of us with iqs higher than a talking coconut, know your not defending the club when you post what you did.

Hey, don't bring us talking coconuts into this!

Good riddance, l couldn't care less what he did for f.knows how many years before the last 12 months. Searching kids and denying it ever happened makes him a part of the problem and so far removed from the support it is untrue. His only 'get out of this with any pride clause' is if he walked because of the "pressure from above". If not then, he can f.off and next time you go on holiday Newsham l hope your kids get the full treatment at customs.

Good riddance, l couldn't care less what he did for f.knows how many years before the last 12 months. Searching kids and denying it ever happened makes him a part of the problem and so far removed from the support it is untrue. His only 'get out of this with any pride clause' is if he walked because of the "pressure from above". If not then, he can f.off and next time you go on holiday Newsham l hope your kids get the full treatment at customs.

I agree, the searches were quite simply a case of the club flexing its muscles when there was a protest happening, Newsham was in charge. The buck stops with him.

I was personally disgusted by the actions of these goons and will never forget the indignity of being searched for offensive banners.

It sounds as if the Great Bald Overlord Who Must Be Obeyed At All Times has struck again. Isn't eliminating your enemies how the mafia works ?

Indeed. My earlier comparison of the Venkeys regime was Hitlers Nazi party in the 30's. btw what happened with Shah's bid to muscle in after he claimed that he had been elbowed aside? Anyone know if he is still about? Anyone know if he is still alive even? :unsure:

John is a decent bloke, yet another decent bloke to have left

Never managed to crack a smile. Never watched a match I don't think either. I rem a picture of him in the background (of a shot of Allardyce I think) when the Rovers scored an important late goal against Arsenal or Man Utd or similar. Everyone in the ground was up and cheering in elation whilst JN was looking the other way totally disinterested with his usual glum expression.

Dunno if this is true and it might be absloute ###### but somebody once told me that he only got the job in order to shut him up as he was spokesman for the local residents when they were rebuilding Ewood and he kept putting a spoke in the wheels of progress.

John was definitely not retiring, he was due to go part time in January but he was pushed....

Alternatively....

Maybe my opinion above is a touch harsh. ST sales and random surveys must have revealed that Stadium Manager can now become a part time position for the Tea lady (or Char Waller as our owners would no doubt say) or even a programme seller. Save a lot of cost on his salary I'd imagine. And rem the overriding venkey business missive.... "eeees betta.... eees cheepah".

Newsham was sacked and tbh he was expecting it, w=once you end up on certain peoples hit list, there is no way back

Or Maybe..... Dunno much about employment law but if he was planning to retire shortly might an unfair dismissal payout not provide a nice parting retirement gift? He couldn't have manipulated Billy Liar into this action could he? :huh:

Archived