BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers fan groups to work together

Sir Bill Taylor spearheading a plan to bring all Rovers groups together under the unfortunately named "Blackburn United".

http://www.lancashir...ackburn_United/

A GROUP of concerned Blackburn Rovers fans have come together to form 'Blackburn United' in an attempt to co-ordinate the growing frustration at events at Ewood Park.

The brainchild of Sir Bill Taylor, it is a co-ordinating group drawn from leaders of trusts, groups, forums, fanzines and websites of the supporters of Blackburn Rovers.

They met earlier this week to determine how to respond to the current situation at Rovers under the chaotic regime of Venky's.

The meeting began with an officer from each of the groups introducing themselves and the aims, experiences, successes they have had during their lifetimes.

Sir Bill Taylor, former Blackburn with Darwen council leader, said: "The group has the support of all three local MPs, Blackburn Council Leader Cllr Kate Hollern and Ewood councillor, Cllr Maureen Bateson.

"Both the Mayor and Deputy Mayor are supportive of the group's intentions. Graham Jones MP was in attendance.

"The aim of Blackburn United is not to impinge upon the work of any of these hard working groups but to work alongside them all to coordinate all their efforts.

"As individuals Rovers fans are comparatively powerless compared to the wealth and strength of the current regime running the club.

"Our strength is in the depth of our passion and commitment towards what we hold preciously and dearly.

"We only wished that Venky's would simply talk and listen to us in a mutually respectful manner.

"With some of the groups having major events imminent – the launch of Blackburn Rovers Supporters Investment Trust in King George's Hall (today at 10am) and the various meetings that the Blackburn Rovers Action Group have with the Premier League, Football League and government ministers – it was agreed to meet again after these successes to get reports back."

Any other groups can join or contact Blackburn United by emailing sirbilltaylor@ btinternet.com.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderation Lead

It was good and well-attended.

An interesting point that WW made was that if there were to be a benefactor come in, they'd hope to work with them.

Strange that when the Seneca bid attempt was leaked, WW went on the attack against messrs Battersby and Currie....

An interesting point that WW made was that if there were to be a benefactor come in, they'd hope to work with them.

Strange that when the Seneca bid attempt was leaked, WW went on the attack against messrs Battersby and Currie....

Can you elaborate? Why is he against BAC?

• Moderation Lead

Can you elaborate? Why is he against BAC?

He posted a negative tweet about them, alluding to their involvement with JA basically, which he has since removed...

Perhaps a title like "Blackburn Rovers Groups Forum" might have caused less controversy. Can I suggest a change of name might get the groups to sit down together and provide one policy to go forward with?

• Backroom

Which put me and others off the whole thing in honesty.

I couldn't attend yesterday to have my mind changed but would be more for it if I didn't have a nagging doubt about the man in the spotlight enjoying his moment in the sun.

Those tweets left a real sour taste and did a lot of damage

I couldn't attend yesterday to have my mind changed but would be more for it if I didn't have a nagging doubt about the man in the spotlight enjoying his moment in the sun.

Fully agree. Ironically I gave thought to brsit on the morning the tweets came up. I then dismissed it out of hand, when I read those tweets.

I must admit Tom that my feelings are exactly the same. I had every intention of going yesterday but after Mr. Wild's response to the Seneca story I changed my mind. I admit that I already had doubts about the scheme but felt that attending the meeting might give me a different viewpoint. However, the response to the Seneca story merely reinforced my view that I wouldn't really want to put money into something which I was not entirely happy about.

If things alter and I see evidence of groups coming together to make a bid - if Venky's decide to sell and if Venky's decide to sell to someone local and I have grave doubts about both those points - I might change my mind but to quote that well known phrase for the moment I'll "keep my powder dry"!

I think there is some confusion here between Sir Bill's Blackburn United idea (meeting was on Wednesday I think) and BRIST's open meeting on Saturday.

Keep proving me right.

These groups just cause confusion and dissent in our ranks.

• Moderation Lead

My understanding of the idea is all groups send representation to a UNITED meeting every so often and share progress, and future plans.

I don't understand why there needs to be more than one group? Can't they just unite???

I've said for a long time now that the fans need to unite and move forwards as one movement.

I do see potential problems with this particular solution, but it's probably the best idea at the moment.

I would hope the idea is that each of the different groups can at least agree on a primary goals, I.e. removing Venkys, even if they have different beliefs on how that is achieved.

To begin with I think a joint statement of the aim, and structure of both the group and each of its parts would help clarify things for everyone.

Eventually it needs to be one group, which has someone representative of each fans view included. At present some are not represented at all, whilst others may be part of BRFCAG, BRFCS, BRSIT and also the Supporters Trust (or any the others too).

I agree, in a perfect world you would want everyone to unite, but just cant see it

Isn't that what Sir Bills initiative is allow about? Has anybody said no to that? I know in the past offers to work together have been turned down, but I've not heard of anyone rejecting this yet?

I don't see any reason it couldn't work if those involved genuinely want it to.

I agree, in a perfect world you would want everyone to unite, but just cant see it

Time to drop the pretense and actually unite in the best interests of the club instead of your own agendas.

I think Wayne Wild was a bit ill advised with his tweets but there are a couple of things to note. Firstly they have (I believe) been deleted and secondly at Saturday's BRSIT meeting he came out strongly to say that BRSIT would be enthusiastic in working with any group that is commited to the Rovers.

Don't judge BRSIT on the basis of a few posts on the 'net or a tweet or two in haste. If you have an opinion you'll find that the most important aspect of BRSIT is transparency. Still, the web seems to be populated by conspiracy theorists who would prefer to sit at a keyboard spouting negativity rather than standing up and doing something positive.

Ask anyone who went to the meeting and saw things first hand and I am sure you will hear about a positive and very professional organisation.

Isn't that what Sir Bills initiative is allow about? Has anybody said no to that? I know in the past offers to work together have been turned down, but I've not heard of anyone rejecting this yet?

I don't see any reason it couldn't work if those involved genuinely want it to.

I think the desire is there for everyone to work together, christ many have been calling for this, and trying to get people to do so.

All I can say regarding the Action groups participation,is we will work with anyone who wants to work with us, we have always maintained this and have never refused not to as a group.

Going forward this has to be the aim

Most of out time now is spent in pro-actively addressing the growing concerns surrounding our club, and sharing our progress with the members who elected us.

We are quite happy with the progress and in roads we are making and will continue to push on all fronts

Time to drop the pretense and actually unite in the best interests of the club instead of your own agendas.

The only agenda anyone has, or should have, is protecting the clubs long term future. I can tell you as fact that many of the BRFCAG committee go days without sleep, as in between working in full time employment they are spending every minute of their time on rovers.

But would you deny that you have a different agenda than the BRSIT?

If not, then why not join forces?

We have put our full support behind BRSIT, as we would with any credible buyer.

We spent many hours of last week putting posters up regarding yesterdays event, whilst leaflet dropping also.

We are a supporters group, BRSIT is a takeover group.

We do what we can to help, but will not risk BRSIT's future by prejudicing it, as some people hate our group.

Most supporter groups are backing BRSIT and ALL supporters and groups are equal, so bar publically supporting it, not sure what more you wish us to do

I don't understand why there needs to be more than one group? Can't they just unite???

Why dont we have a general election and the group with the most votes wins and they can then represent fans and not all these petty little groups with people wanting five minutes of fame.

Archived