BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Football, Racism and British Society Research

Good luck with your survey. It's an interesting topic. I thought I'd give some feedback.

The issue I have is the quotes. They don't add anything to questions. They really serve to confuse, or perhaps, lead the responses.

For example question number 5. The big problem here is it could be interpreted as asking respondants to agree or disagree with David Cameron's view of Britain, not whether Britain is, in fact, "broken". Our point of reference as to what "broken" means is shifted from our own idea to our understanding of what David Cameron meant and what he stands for. Therefore answers will be tainted, not only by personal political views of society(to a certain extent this is unavoidable) but also by our interpretation of a hyperbolic statement that was made for political purposes.

Perhaps it would be better to ask respondants about their personal experiences, rather than their interpretations. For example question 4. Rather than asking for thoughts on the results of another survey, ask the origin question on racism again.

Perhaps it would be better to come clean and reveal his/her agenda.

Bitterness is a sign of disgruntlement or disenchantment with one's lot. It's common amongst many emmigrants. Seeking something better in life is the reason they emigrate and the bitterness comes from finding that nowhere else is much better and the slow realisation that any despondancy etc comes from within themselves and not their surroundings. Attitude is the problem. As JFK famously said "Ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country" Those that seek the former wallow in their misery whilst those that emigrate with the latter in mind usually 'get on'.

Why so bitter?

Every beautiful garden has its pests.

You've seen a mouldy slug already reply.

One gets despondent however the saying "the early bird gets the worm" proves accurate with those racaslly type characters.

You'll see a couple of more pests come out in defence of the slug.

Btw have a good day Sheldon.

This guy is trying to get some serious answers to a survey to help improve himself and half the replies on this thread have been snide, in-jokes between people with long standing but pretty pathetic grudges. If this messageboard tolerates this kind of post, lets set up a seperate "cryptic p### taking" thread

This guy is trying to get some serious answers to a survey to help improve himself and half the replies on this thread have been snide, in-jokes between people with long standing but pretty pathetic grudges. If this messageboard tolerates this kind of post, lets set up a seperate "cryptic p### taking" thread

Round of applause for that man. I took the survey and thought it quite interesting. I can see a view which argues the questions are a touch skewed but it isn't worth getting upset about.

Sadly some take this as another opportunity to express minority and rather unpleasant views which are beginning to gain ground amongst elements of society. Generally such individuals fail to come clean about their agenda.

I enjoyed the survey and tried to answer the points without bringing my political views into it. Though of course the responses to any survey will be influenced by one's political beliefs.

Oh get a life Gordon. It's probably for a Dissertation or something and he/ she is trying to make it easier on themselves to write by getting 'conclusive' evidence.

1. No excuse. There is a right way and a wrong way to do things.

2. Why do you think that? It might be but he/she's not said what it's for so your opinion can only be based on assumption.

Personally I'm suprised admin has not locked this until more information is given. I would have.

Personally I'm suprised admin has not locked this until more information is given. I would have.

Love it - best laugh this week

• 4 months later...

Getting well ticked off with all this racist stuff skirting around football these days. As far as I am concerned we are making a problem where one does not exist. OK there have been a few minor 'verbals' and no doubt both ways, but the motivation is always to insult not to damage. Not only that but most stuff bantered about on a pitch is heat of the moment stuff and in no way pre-meditated yet we are being lead to believe that racism is endemic throughout the sport.

1. Who cares who does or don't wear some cheap T shirt anyway cos it'll make no difference other than lip service?

2. Who cares what Jason Roberts says or thinks when we know the crap that he came out with in support of Kean etc?

2. Didn't know the Kick It Out carry on is actually a registered charity! How does that work? Is it a tax dodge? Why would anybody donate any money for this when there are so many better and more pressing causes?

Archived