BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] What away games are you going to next season?

Guest yakubu24

Guest yakubu24

Im want to go brighton,millwall,burnley,watford,ipswich,wednesday,huddesfield,bolton,blackpool,charlton,etc...

where are most of you going?

:o

Come on now Ozz. Fair play to Matt there. I'd like to think we've all moved on these days and that having parents who are animals doesn't carry the same stigma as it did say last week.

This reminds me of a letter that was in Viz many years ago that went something along these lines. "Dear Viz, I am worried about my husband. He regular just disappears, sometimes in the middle of the night, often to be found at the bottom of our garden playing in the river that runs passed our house. He collects leaves and twigs and often takes them with him. It is very worrying. Mind you, he is an otter."

Anyway, away games. burnley, Sheff Weds and the big Pune game which will no doubt be scheduled at some stage. I'd also like to be at any away game where there's a grassy knoll, you know, just in case.

Blackpool, Burnleh, Preston (in league cup), huddersfield, wednesday, dissapointed donny went down now would have liked to go to their new ground not been.

Watford is a dump, went there last when we were playing against 9 men with berkovic in midfield! promotion season.

Think I'll be going to most away games due to living in the Midlands now. Most are within an hour or so to get to. I'll go to all the derbies to. Cheaper for me to actually have an away season ticket with most being close by...

I fancy going to a few in Yorkshire, definetely Huddersfield and Sheffield Wednesday, maybe Barnsley and Leeds. The only home game I'll be attending will be the derby with the Dingles, wouldn't like to give them the satisfaction of playing at an empty Ewood.

• Moderation Lead

As many as possible, some good ones to look forward to it has to be said.

(The days out, not so much the 90 minutes of football per se!!!)

quite a few i hope , there's plenty within a 1-2 hour drive i should be able to get to plus there's a chance to go to sum grounds i've never been to before i.e Peterborough Bristol city and of course a weekend (hopefully if the fixture computer is kind) away in Brighton

No chnce of me going to any while that smug bugger managers to keep his dirty mitts on the manager's job.

First game after Venkean leaves, I'll be there.

And I think it will be a bit like Thatcher dying. People will be talking for some time about teh party they'll throw when Venkean departs.

What are some of the best Championship grounds that people have been to? I've heard that Hillsbrough and Derby's ground is nice. As well as Notts Forest.

I want to go to Bristol City away and it would be more convenient for me to go to away games down south but I remember quite a few people telling me some London grounds aren't very good eg Palace, Charlton and I think even Watford as well. What's Portman Road like?

Probably will go to odd away game, will wait and see, not even looked at the teams in the Championship yet (showing how bothered I am about it).

Strangely enjoyed verbally abusing Kean for the full 90 minutes in the Chelsea match....

Guest yakubu24

Some of my family live near to ipswich and i been to portman a few times, quite nice old ground and good for away fans so i will be going to portman next season!

I thought I'd be quite keen to plan away games next season, since i haven't got a season ticket but i find I'm getting less interested in going while the current situation regarding ownership and management remains. I just find myself logging on here at every possible opportunity waiting for a bit of good news and being constantly disappointed and it's turning me off the prospect of attending even away games. this would usually be the time of year when that endless who will we buy this year thread started. Even though half the players I hadn't heard of and 3/4 of the rest were totally unrealistic, there was something rather fun about it all. Now they haven't even announced how much tickets will cost let alone who we might think about bringing in. It's the most dispiriting feeling i can ever remember. It's not heartbreaking on a par with so much that's in the news but it is sapping my will and desire to support my club and I'm sure may are feeling the same.

Guest yakubu24

I felt like that but i thought it will be fun going away next year becuse we will win more games and we got the dingles and a lot more local teams, new grounds to go to, better away support than last year because everyone is going away games, but it doesnt feel the same but if your rovers tid u follow them through thick and thin!!RTID

KEAN OUT!!!!! VENKY'S OUT!!!!!!! RTID

I felt like that but i thought it will be fun going away next year becuse we will win more games and we got the dingles and a lot more local teams, new grounds to go to, better away support than last year because everyone is going away games, but it doesnt feel the same but if your rovers tid u follow them through thick and thin!!RTID

KEAN OUT!!!!! VENKY'S OUT!!!!!!! RTID

Oh I know I should support them and I will. Just not in the mood right now to even contemplate which games to go to. It's nearly half term and so I'm feeling weary. recharge my batteries over the hols and I'll be fine. I'm not sure about the win more games bit though. I think we'll still lose just as many while Kean stays and our best players leave. Could get humiliating I feel.

Moving to Leeds in the summer, which should allow easy access to numerous away games. Although compaired with Carlisle most places are easy access.

(Am I right in thinking the money raised from away ticket sales goes back to the home club? I know you buy them from our club but don't they have to buy the tickets of the home team? Am much happier paying money to watch rovers if this is the case.)

So reckoning the Sheffield Wednesday game and the Huddersfield ones will be two that I attend. And of course Leeds. Will see about other Yorkshire games too.

(Am I right in thinking the money raised from away ticket sales goes back to the home club? I know you buy them from our club but don't they have to buy the tickets of the home team? Am much happier paying money to watch rovers if this is the case.)

Am not too sure on this issue. I had a quick look around the internet but couldn't find much. Some people have said the away team gets nothing or just for cup games, some say 5% and some 10%.

Archived