BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] What away games are you going to next season?

Guest yakubu24

Am not too sure on this issue. I had a quick look around the internet but couldn't find much. Some people have said the away team gets nothing or just for cup games, some say 5% and some 10%.

The away club doesn't get any of the revenue from the ticket sales. The 5% / 10% is probably referencing the allocation of tickets to away fans.

Moving to Leeds in the summer, which should allow easy access to numerous away games. Although compaired with Carlisle most places are easy access.

(Am I right in thinking the money raised from away ticket sales goes back to the home club? I know you buy them from our club but don't they have to buy the tickets of the home team? Am much happier paying money to watch rovers if this is the case.)

So reckoning the Sheffield Wednesday game and the Huddersfield ones will be two that I attend. And of course Leeds. Will see about other Yorkshire games too.

Not too bad living in Yorkshire for away games in the championship. Leeds, Huddersfield, Sheff W, Hull, Barnsley. Shame Donny went down. Boro isn't too far away either. (Bit further from Leeds than York)

Not too bad living in Yorkshire for away games in the championship. Leeds, Huddersfield, Sheff W, Hull, Barnsley. Shame Donny went down. Boro isn't too far away either. (Bit further from Leeds than York)

As a Lancastrian I'm not too sure about your opening statement :P

But in seriousness there do seem to be a fair few good games to be able to get to. The Dingles aren't that far from Leeds either.

Thanks for all the info about away tickets too - good to see I can still see Rovers and not give money to Venkeys.

Must say I rather fancied the idea of just going to away games, but the more I think about it the more I'm giving up on the idea. To support the team in any way means you're supporting the regime and the manager, I can't do that, even against the dingles :(

I don't think that's the case Gav.

It's about being with your fellow Blue brethren on the road, as we are the spirit of the club.

However, if that scumbag is still on the sideline, I can see your point.

Yes and that is the point Matty, I can't support that liar in anyway, I'd end up getting arrested every other week :D

I guess it depends on a number of things:

holiday plans;

grounds I've not seen the club on. Like John, I've not really looked at the Championship teams yet - but Brighton's & Cardiff's new grounds [i missed the game Coco forfeited in Cardiff last season] spring to mind - I'm old enough to have done many of the Division 2-really grounds in the 70s, 80s & early 90s;

I dare say that, if I'm not on holiday when we're due to play at Bloomfield Road, my B'pool-supporting friends won't let me get away with missing that one;

but primarily the game at Spotland on 25 July - I know it's only a pre-season friendly; but it's my nearest ground and if they let me down there, then it'll likely be "None of the above".

I have to say I agree with every word of Gumboots' first post from last night. Now we're not in the Premier League, we're now so far off the daily papers' radar that this time of the year which always seems a fallow time - new fixtures not out yet; players' contracts not expiring till the end of June so very few moves taking place - feels even worse this year.

Im want to go brighton,millwall,burnley,watford,ipswich,wednesday,huddesfield,bolton,blackpool,charlton,etc...

where are most of you going?

I also wanted to go so some of these games, but will go to ZERO, if I even have to look at Kean a second I'd be sick

The away club doesn't get any of the revenue from the ticket sales. The 5% / 10% is probably referencing the allocation of tickets to away fans.

Well I read it on a West Brom forum and they specifically said that they thought the 5/10% went back to the away club but it was from about 8 years ago and it might have changed by now. I also read there that in the 70s it was as high as 30% until the "big" clubs wanted to change it and it was one of the main reasons that the likes of Liverpool and Merchandise United started to dominate.

Not long now until the fixtures are out! Buzzing! I can't see myself setting foot inside Ewood until Dr Evil is removed so means I have got £300 extra to spend on away days! Loads of good away grounds next season. Enjoyed Charlton the couple of times I have been. Forest is good - as is Derby, Watford, Middlesbrough. If they are on a Saturday wouldn't mind going to Brighton, Peterborough and Bristol City - not mid week though!!! Fancy driving home from Brighton on a Tuesday night and going work next day!

www.rovertaken.co.uk

Must say I rather fancied the idea of just going to away games, but the more I think about it the more I'm giving up on the idea. To support the team in any way means you're supporting the regime and the manager, I can't do that, even against the dingles :(

Coco will ruin our record against the inbreds. :angry2:

• Backroom

I would have massively looked forward to going to the match with Ipswich at Portman Road... not a chance of going if Steve Kean is still manager, though.

Have in the past gone to a lot of London aways, but again won't be going until there's a massive change at the club.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived