BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] euro12 thread

Iv enjoyed it so far too.....Italy v Spain was the first real tactical battle, which I thought the Italians did quite well in.

Germany got a very solid win as expected, and Ireland were by far the poorest team so far......Shay Given was awful, as was the guy who sliced the ball to let Jelavic score the 2nd.

Onto England tonight - should be good.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Iv enjoyed it so far too.....Italy v Spain was the first real tactical battle, which I thought the Italians did quite well in.

Germany got a very solid win as expected, and Ireland were by far the poorest team so far......Shay Given was awful, as was the guy who sliced the ball to let Jelavic score the 2nd.

Onto England tonight - should be good.

I wouldn't go that far :D

To be honest, due to the Rovers Circus last season (and beyond) i have a greater interest in the Euros. It feels good to sit down and watch a game of footy, watching the group stages unfold while having no emotional investment in either side (until tonight)

I am enjoying watching regular football games where i don't have to see Steve Kean being a useless Tw@ on the sidelines.

Couldn't agree more :D

This is a welcome distraction from the debacle going on at Ewood.

One major plus point for England is that there won"t be the tired players factor coming into play like there has been in recent years. Seems that half of our players spend most weekends sat on the bench for their clubs so should br fresh for this tournament. Just watch James Milner go come kick off tonight, he"ll be as fresh as a daisy along with Wellbeck, Young etc.

• Backroom

We'll win it

No expectation, poor squad, little pressure therefore they'll just play football.

Nobody is unbeatable and nobody has looked amazing thus far

I'm the same I much prefer the Euros this year as I love watching games where both teams are actually remotely organised. And this tournament has probably been better already than the last World Cup. Italy vs Spain has been my favourite game so far. Andrea Pirlo is another player who I could watch all day long. It had imo the best goal so far because of Silva's ball through to Fabregas and one of my favourite moments; Balotelli's touch near the sideline, with Sneijder's pass to Huntelaar with the outside of his foot being the other one. I hope Sneijder comes to England this summer. Pirlo and Iniesta are welcome as well haha.

• Backroom

Thought we started OK. France's goal reminded me of Rovers style defending - just back off and let them shoot. Suicidal. We fell apart after that and looked awful for the last ten minutes... desperately needed HT. Roy needs to have some stern words because our players looked like they'd lost all confidence towards the end of that half.

What's the idea about goalkeepers as captains in international games? Lloris is captaining France and both keepers were captains in the Italy - Spain game.

I can understand it if your name is [say] Robbo in a quiet ground ;) but, accepting that football captains have fewer responsibilities than cricket captains, what's the thinking behind this?

These 5th and 6th officials are like Andrews on a bad day.

Absolutely pointless.

In fact if you study closely, you can see that Subbuteo figures are modelled on them.

Sorry for playing with words, Stuart; but I thought that "point"ing was Andrews' only ability! ;)

Taxi for m1st!

Sorry for playing with words, Stuart; but I thought that "point"ing was Andrews' only ability! ;)

Taxi for m1st!

Stick around m1st, you can explain all my jokes for me! :lol:

Don't think I've seen a more one-sided ref by the way - and I'm a Rovers fan. Wonder if Platini is in attendance?

Archived