• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This guy?

Ian Leigh

Surely not...

Taken from their website..

"

Bergander is working with two English Premiership football clubs to improve their operational effectiveness. Our business process expertise is also being applied to the analysis and definition of improved methods of working for a football league club. Our best-practice business process definition and implementation methods can be applied to ticket sales, ground operations, conferencing and banqueting, match day, corporate sales, finance, retail, security and also performance processes on the playing side."

Should that not be ONE EPL club now? And given the extensive expertise, they seem to be doing quite badly if they're advising the club. Maybe best not mentioning BRFC at their next conference...

Should we listen to our deputy CEO who wants to improve things at the club, or get rid of him and bring in someone who has a vested interest in spouting nonsense to us repeatedly and for large sums of money? He thinks all we need to do is keep positive, and kick the ball enough times into certain areas of the pitch.

Kamy just a couple of questions

1. This chap Ian Leigh of Berganda Sport if he is as influential as your source thinks how does he fit into the mess at Ewood is he a friend of Anderson's? or somehow connected with Kentaro? and as his website states he is working with Premiership & championship clubs could that be not looked on as a conflict of interest?

also at the beginning of the article you state you sent the editorial to Mrs D am I right in assuming it has been sent to a newspaper for publication and if so which one I would be very interested to see the piece.

If I believe rumours then no she isn't, but can't find proof re third party ownership, but in their other businesses Venky's make very sensible decisions and they are generally well run, yet Rovers is the total opposite. Makes you wonder......

Very good summing up if our position Kamy.

While I believe third-party ownership is a real possibility it raises the same question as over the Raos ownership. Why risk relegation, alienate the fans, etc. if trying to make money from the club for whatever purpose

Speaking generally and with no intended reference to any company or individual. Several possibilities exist in my mind; Rovers was seen as a vehicle to bring players through to the PL to sell on at significant profit. Football, not just Rovers, could, in all seriousness, have been seen as an opportunity to clean up money. Thirdly there could be an opportunity to influence the outcome of games by being on the inside, not necessarily Rovers matches.

If one believes one of these, or any other, hypothetical scenario allowing the club to fail so spectacularly makes any business activity, legal or illegal, difficult to achieve.

There is no plausible explanation for the last 18 months, nothing makes sense, other than the possibility some very, very powerful people are in the background. People with very significant influence.

Sent this:

Hi Ian,

I am a lifelong Blackburn Rovers fan and I was hoping that you could help me understand your role at the club and plans for the future.

As you know the club was relegated due to poor management on and off the pitch. This led to the unique situation, as far as I'm aware,

where during a number of home matches the club's fans were chanting for the removal of the manager and the owners, with the support of the local newspaper, politicians, fan groups and civic leaders.

I'm sure you also know that Steve Kean has the worst record of any BRFC manager, but is still in his job.

The fans have become more confused in recent weeks with the appointment of a new Communications Manager, who was then announced as the 'General Manager', having formally been the club's Press Officer.

At the moment you can't even buy a season ticket.

Ian, the club is hated by its fans and it hurtling into the abyss.

I hope that you an play a positive role in turning this around,

Best regards,

Paul Melllelieu

More than a little of the David Brent about Ian Leigh. Noticed that his site now states that he works with one PL and one Championship club.

I'll send him an email and ask him what his role is at EP....

If indeed Bergander Sport have a key role at EP then some questions need to be asked.

The services they offer include:

Strategic Planning - Really?

Process Audits - well as an experienced auditor myself I know only too well that management are not obliged to act upon recommendations

Performance Factor Analysis - Fail!

Organisational Development - See Strategic Planning

Benchmarking and Trend Analysis - so who are we currently benchmarking against? Darlington?

If I was writing cheques to pay Mr Leigh I would first of all want to know what value was being added to the Club?

Why would non-football-minded owners remove the hugely successful (in relative terms) infrastructure and replace them with consultants, advisors and agents - then not address it when things were going wrong?

The cheap argument has now been shown up as a false economy following relegation.

One which sees no problem with relegation because success is measured by other means? Didn't Kean say something similar during a post-match interview once?

If indeed Betgander Sport have a key role at EP then some questions need to be asked.

The services they offer include:

Strategic Planning - Really?

Process Audits - well as an experienced auditor myself I know only too well that management are not obliged to act upon recommendations

Performance Factor Analysis - Fail!

Organisational Development - See Strategic Planning

Benchmarking and Trend Analysis - so who are we currently benchmarking against? Darlington?

If I was writing cheques to pay Mr Leigh I would first of all want to know what value was being added to TAKEN FROM the Club?

Fixed it for you

I know it's been mentioned before but surely the whole rovers situation of the last 18 months deseves an investigation by a suitable organisation but before anyone asks I have no idea what that oganisation is. However just as we are all mistified by the goings on at Rovers I'm mistified that no one in the media or public arena seem to be concerned enough to push for such an enquiry/investigation, and yes I know that a certain person has connections with the media but not all of it.

Well done Kamy keep chipping away at them, it is appreciated.

I know it's been mentioned before but surely the whole rovers situation of the last 18 months deseves an investigation by a suitable organisation but before anyone asks I have no idea what that oganisation is. However just as we are all mistified by the goings on at Rovers I'm mistified that no one in the media or public arena seem to be concerned enough to push for such an enquiry/investigation, and yes I know that a certain person has connections with the media but not all of it.

Well done Kamy keep chipping away at them, it is appreciated.

The FA would be the only ones who could order an investigation, and only then if they felt that it's rules have been broken. The Premier League either didn't believe their rules had been broken or didn't care.

As a PLC we would of course be subject to the relevant laws and only subject to investigation if these have been broken.

We are were after all only a football club

• Moderation Lead

Yes I'm aware of the FA's stance but I was thinking more along the lines of a media outfit such as 60minutes or just a very good investgative reporter.

I seem to remember Kamy saying he'd had some investigative journos on it, but thus far they'd hit a brick wall..

Though I'd be happy to be wrong!

I seem to remember Kamy saying he'd had some investigative journos on it, but thus far they'd hit a brick wall..

Though I'd be happy to be wrong!

That is right, I have had probably two f the best investigative journos out there looking at a variety of information ranging from third party ownership to match fixing, they have not been able to find any proof thus far, but encouragingly they are continuing to look at it because they both believe that the decision making at Rovers is beyond bizarre if you look at the decisions made over the last 2 years collectively.

If there has been some wrongdoing it will eventually come out, it could take a week, a month or even years but eventually it will come out.

The FA would be the only ones who could order an investigation, and only then if they felt that it's rules have been broken. The Premier League either didn't believe their rules had been broken or didn't care.

As a PLC we would of course be subject to the relevant laws and only subject to investigation if these have been broken.

We are were after all only a football club

Wouldn't an investigation to take place to find out IF rules had been broken? Surely it just takes enough circumstantial evidence and enough suspicion from the authorities to get off the pot and ask probing questions or to see relevant documentation?

Our situation seems completely unprecedented. I can't think of any other club or business like it!

If there has been some wrongdoing it will eventually come out, it could take a week, a month or even years but eventually it will come out.

And who will get punished, not those who participated in the wrong doing as they will be long gone and made their money from the farce, it'll be US fans that have to take the punishment of sanctions against the club along with the mess these scumbags will leave.

Archived