BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Declaration of War

I think we now need to formally declare a war against the club we all love.

The objectives of the war, simple. "To bring about the complete removal of the current ownership (whoever that may be, we assume Venkys London), the removal of the manager and all staff appointed by the current owners and to replace them with ownership that has the club and fans at heart and will run the club in a moral and competent manner whether they have funds to invest or not.

How exactly we achieve the aim of our war is a matter for discussion below, but may I suggest:

Non-attendance at home games. By all means go to Ewood on match days but don't go in. Plenty of other things to do in the area. Get my drift?

Do not buy anything from the club shop. Get a classic shirt from another source if you're a shirt wearer.

Support the action group in their aims and attempts to shed light on going on at Rovers.

If you meet a senior club employee let them know your feelings. Maybe along the lines of "You are Mr Steve Kean,you have destroyed the Rovers, a plague on you, your allies and agents"

Protests at away games

A propaganda campaign in the media (they started it)

Guerilla activities (suggestions below)

I won't be at Ewood for first time in 40 years but should be in the area on most matchdays, although I will be watching football occasionally in more enjoyable surroundings than Ewood Park.

Let battle commence.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As long as what is done is lawful, and not in bad taste, then I'm I agreement too.

totally disagree...niceties have run there course ,i dont care how unlawful or bad taste. THE SCUM HAVE BAD TASTED US BY DISSING THE FANS AND PISSING ALL OVER UNCLE JACKS LEGACY.

totally disagree...niceties have run there course ,i dont care how unlawful or bad taste. THE SCUM HAVE BAD TASTED US BY DISSING THE FANS AND PISSING ALL OVER UNCLE JACKS LEGACY.

Great. Off you pop then, decapitate the evil witch using your lethal caps key and bring her head back so that we can all enjoy a game of keepy uppy on the Blackburn End with it. Everyone will enjoy that and fully support you.

tr002.jpg

Bit late Plastic Head, plenty of us already have declared war against the club.

Hurt the Venky's brand as much as possible. Could have been done this last season, but wasn't. Make them feel that running a football club, our football club just isn't worth the hassle.

Grab the attention of the media as much as possible. Could have been done this last season, but wasn't. One or two were on our side, Henry Winter for example, but make the rest actually sit up and take notice.

Not knocking the efforts of those that got off their backsides and did something but I cannot believe the way most 'fans' meekly accepted the fate of the club. The club has been systematically raped, is dying and will soon die.

Declare war by attending the first game next season en masse. Ten minutes into the game leave your seat and walk onto the pitch. I don't mean five, I don't mean fifty, I don't mean five hundred, I mean five thousand. Sit down and don't move.

Hurt the Venky's brand as much as possible. Could have been done this last season, but wasn't. Make them feel that running a football club, our football club just isn't worth the hassle.

Grab the attention of the media as much as possible. Could have been done this last season, but wasn't. One or two were on our side, Henry Winter for example, but make the rest actually sit up and take notice.

Not knocking the efforts of those that got off their backsides and did something but I cannot believe the way most 'fans' meekly accepted the fate of the club. The club has been systematically raped, is dying and will soon die.

Declare war by attending the first game next season en masse. Ten minutes into the game leave your seat and walk onto the pitch. I don't mean five, I don't mean fifty, I don't mean five hundred, I mean five thousand. Sit down and don't move.

I do like that idea! Would grab massive media coverage and is non-violent (not that I'd stop anyone from walking a bit further and lamping the fat ginger one!)

A comment on the original post regarding shirts, I have heard that Rovers have such a sh!t deal with Umbro that they only receive money from shirts sold in the club shop (maybe something to do with Umbro finding out that Wankys were getting the shirts for the Indian academy made down the road in a local sweat shop?). If this is the case and someone can confirm it, by all means buy the new shirt but get it from JJB or Sports Direct (other retailers are available)

Great. Off you pop then, decapitate the evil witch using your lethal caps key and bring her head back so that we can all enjoy a game of keepy uppy on the Blackburn End with it. Everyone will enjoy that and fully support you.

tr002.jpg

ROVERS ROVERS ROVERS RA RA...

All we need now is Roversmum and that Ewood Spock chap to realise that Venkys and Coco are toxic and join the campaign to remove Rovers of the dross that presently own and run us.

Did you see that post from him on dawn of a new era? "Please change my name to 'Venky's Spark'?

Lucky for him he cancelled his request

The objectives of the war, simple. "To bring about the complete removal of the current ownership (whoever that may be, we assume Venkys London), the removal of the manager and all staff appointed by the current owners and to replace them with ownership that has the club and fans at heart and will run the club in a moral and competent manner whether they have funds to invest or not.

How exactly we achieve the aim of our war is a matter for discussion below, but may I suggest:

Non-attendance at home games. By all means go to Ewood on match days but don't go in. Plenty of other things to do in the area. Get my drift?

Do not buy anything from the club shop. Get a classic shirt from another source if you're a shirt wearer.

Support the action group in their aims and attempts to shed light on going on at Rovers.

If you meet a senior club employee let them know your feelings. Maybe along the lines of "You are Mr Steve Kean,you have destroyed the Rovers, a plague on you, your allies and agents"

Protests at away games

A propaganda campaign in the media (they started it)

Guerilla activities (suggestions below)

I won't be at Ewood for first time in 40 years but should be in the area on most matchdays, although I will be watching football occasionally in more enjoyable surroundings than Ewood Park.

Let battle commence.

I already declared war on the Venkys Rovers and all that helped create them in August 2011. So I am with you all the way and glad to have you aboard.

. Ten minutes into the game leave your seat and walk onto the pitch. I don't mean five, I don't mean fifty, I don't mean five hundred, I mean five thousand. Sit down and don't move.

Good grief, I suggested that several times last season and got a month's ban on here for my troubles. Still think it's the best course of action instead of some lame boycott of matches.

• Backroom

Just a reminder no matter how daft folk think it is any posts condoning or suggesting illegal activity will be removed

Give or take the years, I'm guessing that sentiment reflects a large part of our fan base, probably the majority.

I said it before on the fans' action group thread, if we are literally boycotting the home games anyway, then for each one surely we could throw a tenner the campaign's way instead. Pledging money is all well and good, but it's psuedo money at the end of the day. Giving money each home game for the campaign gets cold hard cash into the coffers. Cold hard cash gives the campaign ligitimacy, especially if there are thousands of us.

I know I would personally have no problems giving to the cause each home game, especially if it was less money than I'd actually be spending on the match anyway. I'd happily fire a tenner off via Paypal before I donned my scarf and coat to go and protest outside Ewood!

If people are calling to boycott anything officially Rovers, then why not give some of the money saved to save Rovers?

I think its crucial that as many people as possible that are not attending the games still go down as usual and join together outside the ground and do whatever you feel inclined to once there, As others have suggested i think Kean&co. will be happy that there are only a few thousand mainly happy clapping drones in the stands(with a few acceptions-STUART), so we still need to go down to the ground matchdays to let them know as loud as ever we are still around and i also believe thime for niceties is long gone(as long as things are kept within the law!).

The, only thing id hate to see though is what i so a lot last season people bringing young(pre-teen) kids to protests and games wearing protest shirts, holding banners and joining in with some of the more offensive chants(that image of the little girl wearing a kean out tshirt and giving the Vs is pretty shocking, luckily the press never jumped on that 1).

You cannot declare war against yourself,sorry. And since the Venkys are not here,there or anywhere there is no target.

Instead its got to be guerilla activity:

-outside the Ground during Home Matches and the last 10 minutes inside

-at Away Matches with organised protests

-with the Authorities and the Media

-with the ex-players getting them to form a unifying body "The Rovers Family"

- BRSIT getting more support(for the 20% option)

-our own Ewood office and meeting point,eg taking over the Ewood Arms or special Rooms in one of the big pubs

-BRAG/BRSIT having their own office together @ Ewood or in Shopping Centre

-our own Club Shop

- a parallel Data-Base of supporters(so we can woo them back)

I am convinced that setting up a parallel set of Rovers activities, plus Country organisations(US,Aus,France,Bulgaria,Ireland,Norway etc)

would really drive home to everybody how serious AND professional is our intent. We then volunteer this 'support' system to whoever takes over,because they may still need our pro-active support AND money whenever that may be. We must not leave this all to chance.

RTID

You cannot declare war against yourself,sorry. And since the Venkys are not here,there or anywhere there is no target.

Instead its got to be guerilla activity:

-outside the Ground during Home Matches and the last 10 minutes inside

-at Away Matches with organised protests

-with the Authorities and the Media

-with the ex-players getting them to form a unifying body "The Rovers Family"

- BRSIT getting more support(for the 20% option)

-our own Ewood office and meeting point,eg taking over the Ewood Arms or special Rooms in one of the big pubs

-BRAG/BRSIT having their own office together @ Ewood or in Shopping Centre

-our own Club Shop

- a parallel Data-Base of supporters(so we can woo them back)

I am convinced that setting up a parallel set of Rovers activities, plus Country organisations(US,Aus,France,Bulgaria,Ireland,Norway etc)

would really drive home to everybody how serious AND professional is our intent. We then volunteer this 'support' system to whoever takes over,because they may still need our pro-active support AND money whenever that may be. We must not leave this all to chance.

RTID

All excellent ideas. A boycott of companies dealing with the club might be added to that list, although there is a risk of impact on local businesses that should be avoided.

The launch of an alternative home shirt would be a potential media coup.

As supporters we have nothing to lose, We declared war 9 months ago, and have not let up!!

We go to the Sports Minister on Wednesday fully loaded and with a master plan, accompanied by Jack Straw, Jake Berry and Graham Jones MP's

Rovers has become a 7 days a week Job for the BRFC Action Group, and its growth now has every single agency possible not only opening the door to listen, but asking for meetings with the group.

We are pro actively addressing the job in hand both here and abroad, and with 23 branches of the Group Worldwide strategically taking on targets, We have about every base covered.

More importantly more and more people are now providing the very things which as supporters we needed to get the upper hand, and that is tangible evidence

Archived