BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] First home game next season

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

I don't quite understand the logic if I'm honest if you won't go until he does then why renew whilst he's still here?

Is it a case of keeping your current seat?

No

I'm not going until the scum have been removed.

I've had a season ticket for 35 years.

I won't spend another penny until the vermin have gone.

I urge everybody to do the same - it was very painful for me, but there is no other choice.

Rovers til I die....

I'm with Tom on this. What's the point f making a stand and staying away and then buying a season ticket?? You've already given them your money.

I'm not having a dig at people who have renewed. It's a choice each individual will make based on their circumstances. But it does seem a bit pointless to stay away when you've already given Venkys your cash. Better to go along and give them hell.

Personally I'd like to see the majority of fans standing outside the ground during the first home game! Positioned just right on the banking so Kean can see us through the gap between the Blackburn End and the Riverside!

Personally I'd like to see the majority of fans standing outside the ground during the first home game! Positioned just right on the banking so Kean can see us through the gap between the Blackburn End and the Riverside!

I'll certainly be going down to protest but definitely not going in. As I've just said on another thread, I'll happily throw in a tenner to the cause each time as well. It's less money than I'd be saving anyway, and it'll make me feel better that I'm doing something to help bring about change.

I hold absolutely nothing against those who want to attend mind (in fact I can see myself getting vocal with anyone who tries to give our own fans grief).

Just putting this out there but will you be there and will you give kean loads of sh'''t,I will not be going even do i have renewed my season ticket,I will stay away untill kean has gone no matter how much it has cost me.

So you got a season ticket just in case everything would be alright by the start of the season then?

Just putting this out there but will you be there and will you give kean loads of sh'''t,I will not be going even do i have renewed my season ticket,I will stay away untill kean has gone no matter how much it has cost me.

And the propaganda machine will be using season ticket sales (which has already been described as encouraging by the club) as part of their positive spin.

Your logic is somewhat flawed.

I don't quite understand the logic if I'm honest if you won't go until he does then why renew whilst he's still here?

Is it a case of keeping your current seat?

My decision to renew does not equate to the support of kean/venkys I along with my family freinds have supported rovers for genarations,But the choice of not going to home matches is one i have not taken lightly and maybe my resolve will not last very long.Win or loose i will always love the rovers but this is one mans protest .

My decision to renew does not equate to the support of kean/venkys I along with my family freinds have supported rovers for genarations,But the choice of not going to home matches is one i have not taken lightly and maybe my resolve will not last very long.Win or loose i will always love the rovers but this is one mans protest .

Now that you've renewed you'd be better off inside Ewood giving Coco grief. If you do it in ear shot of the clown you'll get thrown out anyway. You will still be added to the attendance figures all season if you go in or not.

I will be outside the ground with the protesters. First time not renewed since 91.

Really depressing to see the continued farce at Ewood.

The fight has to go on.

KEAN IS A TURD.

I still don't understand the logic in renewing and not going.... :wacko: It's a bit like giving up smoking and still buying cigarettes

If you're not going in protest at venky's/kean then why renew??????

Why the eck have you put money into the back pockets of these people you are protesting against?

• Backroom

Whilst I appreciate the general sentiment of protesting outside the ground etc, it's a bit late now. It might have got some coverage when we were in the premier league but now we're in the championship nobody will care and there's nobody at Ewood to listen or take notice of any protests.

Best thing people can do now is focus their energies on hurting Venky's as a company, not protesting outside Ewood. The time for protests has been and gone and too many people did nothing or worse had a go at the protesters because they weren't "getting behind the lads".

In a word, no.

In more words. I'd rather lob my own genitalia off with a rusty razor and serve it up with an italian side salad than attend the first home game of the season.

But what if our first home game is against the Dingles? Will that affect people's decisions?

Wouldn't matter to me who it was against, but I won't be in the country in all likelihood. When you say you're not going there can be no exceptions really - you have to stick to it or it makes your protest futile. I know it is anyway but if you once say you're not going you really have to stick to it as a matter of personal principle.

Archived