BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] First home game next season

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keith do your country a favour, and concentrate on the next game, rather than posting on here.

Thanks

Jeez, are you that deluded you genuinely think I'm a Premier League player?

I'm not Keith Andrews Hughesy. You need to stop living in complete denial if you think I am. If you use this kind of blinkered denial for all your opinions, including your new one about not protesting, then you need to get your head from your arse and into the real world instead.

Surely first home game has to be a full attendance !!

Full on protests and screaming from the rooftops, staying away is prob the worst idea !

This is how i feel, Kean/Venkys wouldn't get away with this at many other clubs, they would still go in there thousands calling for there heads, Rovers fan's just stop going which is a shame and is giving Kean/venkys exactly what they want.

We're playing the first round of league games next Monday?

First round of games to be played weekend of 18th August, although don't be suprised if our first game goes to the friday night as Sky is bound to have an early obsession to show most of our early games like they do with all of the "high profile" relegated clubs in the past,

• Backroom

This is how i feel, Kean/Venkys wouldn't get away with this at many other clubs, they would still go in there thousands calling for there heads, Rovers fan's just stop going which is a shame and is giving Kean/venkys exactly what they want.

Do Venky's want fans leaving in their droves, though? It's a revenue source they don't really want drying up in the absence of Premier League TV money. Going in and chanting against Venky's and Kean hasn't worked so far - if that approach was going to work then Kean would have been booted out back in December, or Venky's would have left after the Wigan match. The brothers couldn't even stay til the end.

In-stadium chanting has proven not to work and will be far less effective now we're in a league with comparatively little television coverage - other ideas are required and a boycott/non-attendence is one idea that hasn't been tried yet.

Do Venky's want fans leaving in their droves, though? It's a revenue source they don't really want drying up in the absence of Premier League TV money. Going in and chanting against Venky's and Kean hasn't worked so far - if that approach was going to work then Kean would have been booted out back in December, or Venky's would have left after the Wigan match. The brothers couldn't even stay til the end.

In-stadium chanting has proven not to work and will be far less effective now we're in a league with comparatively little television coverage - other ideas are required and a boycott/non-attendence is one idea that hasn't been tried yet.

I guess it depends on what Venkys real future plans are for the club.

I'm sure they do want to make money, but lets face it, it won't and never will be (whoever the owners are) through season ticket sales.

Closing the club down and Selling Ewood & Brockhall however... ?

Who know's.

• Backroom

I can't imagine that being their plan - surely it's too obvious? I wouldn't put it past them (or whoever else is involved in this mess) but it just seems like that would be a step too far.

I'm sure they do want to make money, but lets face it, it won't and never will be (whoever the owners are) through season ticket sales.

Closing the club down and Selling Ewood & Brockhall however... ?

Who know's.

Do Venky's own Ewood and Brockhall? Think a poster on here said they didn't.

I can't imagine that being their plan - surely it's too obvious? I wouldn't put it past them (or whoever else is involved in this mess) but it just seems like that would be a step too far.

The answer to most questions, is usually the most obvious one.

I was lead to believe (and it was recently posted on another thread) that the Walker Family/Trust still own the freehold to Ewood Park and the land and buildings at Brockhall.

I obviously hope that is the case but Philipl will be the one to ask.

Fair do's. I thought when they bought the club all the assets transfered along with. Hopefully they don't own them then.

I was lead to believe (and it was recently posted on another thread) that the Walker Family/Trust still own the freehold to Ewood Park and the land and buildings at Brockhall.

I obviously hope that is the case but Philipl will be the one to ask.

From what I've been told I believe that Venky's own everything.

From what I've been told I believe that Venky's own everything.

They own Ewood but not the free hold. That means, as long as it remains a football Ground for the purpose of playing football they own it. If however Venkys tried to sell it for housing development it reverts to the free holder, which is the Walker trust I believe. The Walker Trust own the brockhall complex and lease it to Venkys. Thats what I've been told. I would bow to someones superior knowledge though.

Surely first home game has to be a full attendance !!

Full on protests and screaming from the rooftops, staying away is prob the worst idea !

You seem to have the upmost faith in your fellow Rovers fans nick, let’s face it, only a couple of times last season, with our premiership future at stake, did we have a majority fans screaming from the roof tops for Kean and Venkys out.

What makes you think it’ll be any different in the championship?

If I thought the vast majority would protest against the regime from the 1st whistle I may go and join in, but to simply sit back and watch a Kean team, whilst gently clapping and munching on a prawn sandwich or balti pie, not a chance I’m going.

I said for most of last season, Rovers fans needed to get angry, the current goings on wouldn't happen at other clubs, Kean would have been run out of town by now and Venkys slipping in and out of the ground like they did last season, not a chance, but we're to nice a set of supporters these days ;)

You seem to have the upmost faith in your fellow Rovers fans nick, let’s face it, only a couple of times last season, with our premiership future at stake, did we have a majority fans screaming from the roof tops for Kean and Venkys out.

What makes you think it’ll be any different in the championship?

If I thought the vast majority would protest against the regime from the 1st whistle I may go and join in, but to simply sit back and watch a Kean team, whilst gently clapping and munching on a prawn sandwich or balti pie, not a chance I’m going.

I said for most of last season, Rovers fans needed to get angry, the current goings on wouldn't happen at other clubs, Kean would have been run out of town by now and Venkys slipping in and out of the ground like they did last season, not a chance, but we're to nice a set of supporters these days ;)

Like the Glaziers were run out of town by one of the most powerful supporters groups in the world? Rovers fans did all we could last season, the proof of which is everyone else in england thought we went way over the top.

And as one of the fans who didn't scream and protest every match, the way the season went was my reason for that. First 10 games I gave Kean a chance, next 5 or so games I protested every match, then we had a good run over christmas and started looking better so I stopped, then we were at the sharp end of a relegation dogfight and it was more important to get behind the team, and then against Wigan when we were totally out of it I joined in again.

I'd say thats how it was for most people, and the reason was that keeping Rovers in the premier league was more important than getting rid of Kean and Venkys. Thats something I don't think the hardcore of protestors have ever understood, presumably because they think if we get rid of Venkys we could get promoted again. No chance in my opinion, we'll never have the financial muscle and we're stuck here now.

So as the most important thing has already been lost, we may as well protest and boycott to our hearts content. Although if you were to go to games I think the problem now would be the optimism of fans delusional enough to expect us to do better now we're in a worse league.

Archived