BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rangers

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally I'm a bit sceptical about all the hysteria about the impact of Rangers' demise on the game up here. When I look at teams like Hearts and Hibs they don't get that many more in for a game against the Old Firm than they woiuld for a game against anyone else and the extra gate money taken at the gate is offset by the massive security they have to employ to keep the Weedgie hordes at bay for a couple of hours. The huge gates in Glasgow don't benefit anyone apart from the Olf Firm. After experiencing the Edinburgh Cup Final a couple fo months ago I can report that Scottish football isn't just about 2 clubs and is, despite reports to the contrary, alive and kicking.

Also, why would the likes of Brechin and Alloa be bothered whether a few tired old Huns boycott their ground. They'll only have a handful of tickets available anyway and I'm sure there'll be plenty of boycott busters lining up to come along. All these wee towns have hunners of huns who'll be desperate to go along and see them play locally. I'm sure there not losing any sleep about it.

Personally I'm a bit sceptical about all the hysteria about the impact of Rangers' demise on the game up here. When I look at teams like Hearts and Hibs they don't get that many more in for a game against the Old Firm than they woiuld for a game against anyone else and the extra gate money taken at the gate is offset by the massive security they have to employ to keep the Weedgie hordes at bay for a couple of hours. The huge gates in Glasgow don't benefit anyone apart from the Olf Firm. After experiencing the Edinburgh Cup Final a couple fo months ago I can report that Scottish football isn't just about 2 clubs and is, despite reports to the contrary, alive and kicking.

Yep.I feel this will help in the long run. Celtic will lose a lot of appeal to potential signings and may be reeled in a bit, together with champions league opportunities for clubs like hibs hearts etc.....who knows. Can't be mucj worse.

I would just like to point out how refreshing it is to see a collective group of football clubs - making decisions which consider the options of their fans, football fairness and NOT £££, this will affect teams bank balance but not as much as scaremongers have you believe.

There’s more to spl than the ugly sisters

I would just like to point out how refreshing it is to see a collective group of football clubs - making decisions which consider the options of their fans, football fairness and NOT £££, this will affect teams bank balance but not as much as scaremongers have you believe.

There’s more to spl than the ugly sisters

A lot more.....the Old Firm are only really good for the Old Firm.....the apparent notion that the other clubs rely on them is a bit ridiculous as they hold them back.

Recently in Scotland they've just been poaching their best players each year which makes Celtic and Rangers slightly better and the rest of the teams worse.....this should hopefully change all that and the league can become more competitive again, as well as benefiting the national side.

A lot more.....the Old Firm are only really good for the Old Firm.....the apparent notion that the other clubs rely on them is a bit ridiculous as they hold them back.

Recently in Scotland they've just been poaching their best players each year which makes Celtic and Rangers slightly better and the rest of the teams worse.....this should hopefully change all that and the league can become more competitive again, as well as benefiting the national side.

Especially as one half of the Old Firm has been poaching players by outright cheating and breaking the law. This still hasn't"t been looked at by the authorities so Rangers are still far from out of the woods as noones been punished for this yet.

Especially as one half of the Old Firm has been poaching players by outright cheating and breaking the law. This still hasn't"t been looked at by the authorities so Rangers are still far from out of the woods as noones been punished for this yet.

I don't think Rangers can be punished (any further!) but I believe the previous owners can now be pursued.

I don't think Rangers can be punished (any further!) but I believe the previous owners can now be pursued.

The old defunct Rangers havent been punished, these are existing rules that the old Rangers agreed to adhere to and have now been applied to them just as it would have been with any other scottish club.

The old defunct Rangers havent been punished, these are existing rules that the old Rangers agreed to adhere to and have now been applied to them just as it would have been with any other scottish club.

I'm not sure of your point here.

Haven't been punished? It's been liquidated. It no longer exists. A new club has been formed and starts life in Div 3. How much more punishment can the fans receive - let's face it, going after "Rangers" is effectively punishing the fans.

The club that once was is no more and cannot therefore be punished. What the authorities need to do now is go after the former owners. Hopefully everything that the fans have gone through, including the newco, has been done for one reason and one reason only.

To avoid the illegitimates who caused it geting off the hook.

I'm not sure of your point here.

Haven't been punished? It's been liquidated. It no longer exists. A new club has been formed and starts life in Div 3. How much more punishment can the fans receive - let's face it, going after "Rangers" is effectively punishing the fans.

The club that once was is no more and cannot therefore be punished. What the authorities need to do now is go after the former owners. Hopefully everything that the fans have gone through, including the newco, has been done for one reason and one reason only.

To avoid the illegitimates who caused it geting off the hook.

The punishment for me came from the past owners and directors and not the fact that the new club starts in league 3, and yes, I agree they should be locked up.

Archived