BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Anthony Bloch Sacked

Anthony Bloch was also Chairman of Blackburn Rovers Ladies FC, overseeing the 1st Team & Reserves and Centre of Excellence. He worked with the Women's Football Development Officer (Gemma Donnelly) and the 1st Team Manager (Scott Rogers).

The head of the Girls Centre of Excellence (which is one of the best in the country), also left recently.

The loss of Anthony Bloch is a major blow to the Women's Team, he had a major role in the development of Everton Ladies FC and had the experience to take the Rovers Women's Team forward.

In the era of the FAWSL, the club needed an experienced Chairman. It appears that an application to join the FAWSL would now be unlikely.

The future of Gemma Donnelly and 1st team manager Scott Rogers, must also be in-doubt, as they are both highly qualified.

The women's team might only be a small part of the club, but is very important, as the club has several internationals at the club at the moment.

The club has funding for next season in place and is currently looking for sponsorship,to cover costs of travel, referee's etc. Anthony Bloch (and Andrew Pincher) played a major role in the Rovers women's set-up and will be a big loss.

Whether, the club will honour this agreement, we'll have to wait and see.

The FA require all clubs to promote Women's and Girls football and it'll be a major set back to the club to lose such an experienced official.

This decision will put a huge doubt over the future of the club.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The significant factor here is that Venky's or whoever is systematically wiping out the second management team.

They got rid of the enormously respected professionals Mrs Desai described as the best in football and are now getting rid of the experienced people they replaced them with.

It is an open secret in Kean-land that Simon Hunt and Karen Silk will be sacked.

Another one bites the dust.

Also on Harris' twitter, Balaji the fat stupid oaf telling people Kean has 4 Championship games to save his job :lol: as if anyone would believe a word that comes out of his mouth.

Ha,ha! Barry White should stick to cars! If we got beat 2-0 ; 3-0 ; 4-0 and 5-1 in our first four games the goal we scored would save him!

Ha,ha! Barry White should stick to cars! If we got beat 2-0 ; 3-0 ; 4-0 and 5-1 in our first four games the goal we scored would save him!

Frighteningly likely.

It would show that "the players are still behind the manager".

The significant factor here is that Venky's or whoever is systematically wiping out the second management team.

They got rid of the enormously respected professionals Mrs Desai described as the best in football and are now getting rid of the experienced people they replaced them with.

I'm sure most of us can make a guess laced with conspiracy, and sorry if it's a naive question, but why? Not JW et al, I think we know and that's well trodden ground, but why the folk they appointed 12 - 18 months ago?

The secretary at a football club is one of the most demanding jobs at the club, you have to be a mine of information and ensure all regulations are followed or the club gets fined, the more you err, the greater the fines become.

You cannot operate without a secretary and if Desai or others tries to do so, will involve serious action from the FA.

The clearing of the decks continue, and more WILL follow, Quite interesting that our meeting with the FA, came 24 hours after another meeting with them took place, Net closing quicker than anticipated

Glen, can you elaborate? Did Venky's or club officials have a meeting with the FA or was it someone else presenting evidence against them?

I'm sure most of us can make a guess laced with conspiracy, and sorry if it's a naive question, but why? Not JW et al, I think we know and that's well trodden ground, but why the folk they appointed 12 - 18 months ago?

Total intolerance of any perceived 'insubordination' or questioning of what is going on at the place where they work?? I sense Venkys and their partners may be keen to kick out and/or silence anyone who questions just why this is happening.

The clearing of the decks continue, and more WILL follow, Quite interesting that our meeting with the FA, came 24 hours after another meeting with them took place, Net closing quicker than anticipated

A net? Implying that you have damming and conclusive evidence that will force action from the authorities? or weak conjecture that no journalist will touch as the evidence is simply not there?

I hope its the former otherwise you are going to look very silly.

A net? Implying that you have damming and conclusive evidence that will force action from the authorities? or weak conjecture that no journalist will touch as the evidence is simply not there?

Why is he going to look silly? We ALL know that something is seriously wrong but of course it has to proved for any action to take place but if it's not proved then so be it, it still dont mean there isn't something badly amiss but at least they are trying.

if you haven't anything constructive to say why do you decide to come here with your negativity?

You're the one that looks silly, not glen and the people he is working with.

So who's being sacked on Wednesday morning? Someone seems to have gathered the notion of 'burying bad news' on days when the press are otherwise occupied.

Agreed, its naive to not see the link between a silent Kean, an absent general manager, and senior people (who aligned themselves as anti Kean), leaving Ewood.

Agreed, its naive to not see the link between a silent Kean, an absent general manager, and senior people (who aligned themselves as anti Kean), leaving Ewood.

Would be interested to know who exactly carried out the sacking??

Would be interested to know who exactly carried out the sacking??

Probably him - a bit like one of those fake suicide notes that villains always make people write just before they murder them. wonder if he posted it to himself or hand delivered it

We can't be far now from a situation where the Football League starts making noises about having a suitable management and administration structure in place to support effective participation in the League.

Think about it: Now, without anyone in place to manage the relationship with the FA, to manage and administer players' contracts, to ensure correct registration of players and their ownership interests with the appropriate authorities or to provide satisfactory evidence of the ability of the club to manage its affairs, there would appear to be a real danger that the club could be suspended. After all, many a club has been refused entry to the Football League due to unsatisfactory facilities (normally a ground, but I would argue that the background infrastructure is just as important as the physical stuff). As it stands there is only the Finance Director, a General Manager (who has no experience of anything at that level within the game, and precious little relevant experience anywhere else), a team manager universally reviled and ridiculed in all respects and then a shadowy layer of agents and advisors.

In effect, the emperor is parading without any clothes, and in the cutthroat multi-million pound world of football, it can only be a matter of time before someone starts shouting that they can see our nads and that 'this can't possibly be allowed' sort of moral high ground thing.

I mean, there ARE standards, and rules and such like, for how a football club is run.... aren't there?

Anyway, despite it being paradoxically satisfying, logging on to BRFCS in search of (any) good news these days, I hear whispers from the periphery of those who know the ITKers, that 'exciting times' are indeed ahead - where exciting doesn't necessarily equate to that feeling of sick dread and despair that characterises following the Rovers in recent times... we shall see.. :rover:

We can't be far now from a situation where the Football League starts making noises about having a suitable management and administration structure in place to support effective participation in the League.

Think about it: Now, without anyone in place to manage the relationship with the FA, to manage and administer players' contracts, to ensure correct registration of players and their ownership interests with the appropriate authorities or to provide satisfactory evidence of the ability of the club to manage its affairs, there would appear to be a real danger that the club could be suspended. After all, many a club has been refused entry to the Football League due to unsatisfactory facilities (normally a ground, but I would argue that the background infrastructure is just as important as the physical stuff). As it stands there is only the Finance Director, a General Manager (who has no experience of anything at that level within the game, and precious little relevant experience anywhere else), a team manager universally reviled and ridiculed in all respects and then a shadowy layer of agents and advisors.

In effect, the emperor is parading without any clothes, and in the cutthroat multi-million pound world of football, it can only be a matter of time before someone starts shouting that they can see our nads and that 'this can't possibly be allowed' sort of moral high ground thing.

I mean, there ARE standards, and rules and such like, for how a football club is run.... aren't there?

Anyway, despite it being paradoxically satisfying, logging on to BRFCS in search of (any) good news these days, I hear whispers from the periphery of those who know the ITKers, that 'exciting times' are indeed ahead - where exciting doesn't necessarily equate to that feeling of sick dread and despair that characterises following the Rovers in recent times... we shall see.. :rover:

I do believe you are correct, indeed in any business, Directors have certain legal obligations and it does appear as these are not being adhered to as someone else is making the decisisions (see the JW letter to Pune and Paul Hunts letter)a secretary also has a massive role in the club as he is the link between the club and the FA and other clubs, its a legal minefield and unless the goons in Pune are able to put an experienced man in place, fines will be a plenty and indeed expulsion from the league if certain paperwork is not in place, I too have heard that this is going to be the area where we can rid ourselves of the foolish owners!!

I think you may have misunderstood, or fallen foul of the lack of spellchecker.

These are exiting times...

Archived