BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Danny Murphy

Fitness will be a massive issue for Murphy. The pace of the play in the Championship will prove very testing for him.

I suppose it's better than signing no-one, but really it's a piddle in the ocean compared to all the good players we've lost and the admin staff we've lost. And the fact we have a spanked ass for a manager.

At the time of writing, all I can see is relegation again for us.

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Calm down fella's, it's just one free transfer. Time will tell whether it's a good transfer or not.

It will be interesting to see our in's and out's come the beginning of the season.

Correct.

Hopefully that will include kean and venkys also

I'm amazed he's signed for us, afterall how could be lower himself to the tactics employed by us, Stoke, Wolves and the likes? Or maybe it was purely Allardyce he was attacking? Perhaps he's seen how amazing the football is under Kean and fancies a bit of it himself.

Or perhaps money truly does talk.

I heard Dario Gradi thought he was $$$$ but the reserve coach at the time said he was the new Gary McAllister and that Dario was bent........................................................................................

Ahh no sorry thats just a premonition of keans next interview.

Judging by the positive comments for Murphy it looks like Kean and his cohorts are winning a proportion of the Blackburn public over how sad.

Not really. I don't think anyone has changed their mind even slightly on Kean. If Venky's are staying then they might as well buy some players. I'm sure everyone still wants them gone but we're not gonna lambast them for every decision they make, even if it looks like a good one.

Judging by the positive comments for Murphy it looks like Kean and his cohorts are winning a proportion of the Blackburn public over how sad.

Not really. A broken clock is still right twice a day, the law of averages says that even if it's by accident kean is likely to make a couple of good signings now and again (even if they are made for the wrong reasons). Suggesting that Murphy might actually be a shrewd signing in no way constitutes acceptance or support of Kean or Venkys.

Not really. I don't think anyone has changed their mind even slightly on Kean. If Venky's are staying then they might as well buy some players. I'm sure everyone still wants them gone but we're not gonna lambast them for every decision they make, even if it looks like a good one.

I will. Gladly. They've brought this club to its knees and deserve no kudos for signing a 35 year-old PL veteran. When the club is rotten to the core, we could sign Neymar for all I care, it wouldn't change a thing. Of course, this just makes me a nasty party-pooper. Rovers fans should be celebrating in the streets after this masterstroke from Team Venky's. I wonder if Shebby Singh was behind this particular coup?

They just need to GTFO now and stop pretending they own a football club.

They just need to GTFO now and stop pretending they own a football club.

Agreed. There's no turning back now. I want every one of them and their cronies OUT, irrespective of dubious 'good intentions' that have come 20 months too late. We could win the Championship in December, I would still want them all OUT.

am not and never will be excited by this signing, mediocre player on his last legs, we are not signing tugay here, he's a player that had his pomp in his liverpool days and since then has been on a slow decline, amazed by what rovers fans see as excitement now adays, just shows how far we have fallen in less than two years, also shows coco isnt going anywhere which would negate any kind of positivity we would have over this (little of it) i won't be rushing out to renew over this non-news or any other mediocre players rovers are currently looking at, makes me sick to see what we have become.

Not really. A broken clock is still right twice a day, the law of averages says that even if it's by accident kean is likely to make a couple of good signings now and again (even if they are made for the wrong reasons). Suggesting that Murphy might actually be a shrewd signing in no way constitutes acceptance or support of Kean or Venkys.

It probably will from an Agnew Kean Venky's point of view though. Maybe all those who purchase their season ticket should ask for forgiveness before they enter through the gates to Ewood Park.

I don't really care for any of that. What's he going to say that Kean is a joke and he is regretting it already. Who's gonna pay his wages? He is here for one final pay day and to play football. Slagging off the owners or manager isn't the way for him to achieve that. He might not have to go overboard but I'm sure he will appreciate most of the fans won't exactly hate him for it.

It's what he does on the pitch that is 100 times more important. His set pieces have been mentioned and he can hopefully take over from Pedersen as it isn't 2006 anymore and he is also a more-than-able replacement for Yakubu's penalty taking. His experience and leadership is also vital. The fact that Fulham fans rate him so highly should be enough, barring the concerns about his fitness. I have doubts myself over the 2 years as there must have been a reason Fulham were only prepared to only offer him a 1 year deal but I guess we'll see and just hope he gets protection and willing runners around him, not Pedersen who just ambles about doing nothing apart from writing good things on his blog.

I'll wait and see how good Danny Murphy will turn out to be for us. One thing I will say is he was good at Liverpool, he was better at Fulham and he is a proper footballer rather than a Charlie Newhouse or one or two of our current crop of wunderkinds that frequently go missing... Welcome Danny Murphy. Frankly, I don't care who brought him to Rovers if he turns out to be as good as he was at Fulham.

Cant believe some people on here!!!! Its like as if the past year and a half didnt happen! Cant believe how pathetic some of you are being, seriously your being won over by a 35 over the hill mediocre irish international after the crap and lies we have endured from Venkys but especially STEVE KEAN and his croonies and the way the club has been systematically destroyed in under 2 years,

I agree with Topman they could sign neymar but that wouldnt make them good owners and it wont cover the fact Kean is NOT a manager he has proved in almost 2 seasons that he cant even get the fundamentals right.

The fact so many fo you are being turned around by Danny Murphy shows how far you have your heads buried.

:excl:

Cant believe some people on here!!!! We make one decent signing, acknowledge that it is a decent signing nothing more, and then people lambast others because apparently doing that is akin to forgiving Venky's for what they have done. Yes they could sign Neymar and it wouldn't make them good owners. But it would be a good signing. But apparently every single thing that they do is automatically catastrophic regardless of what it actually is. Nobody is now behind Venky's......nowhere near that in fact......but he was a good signing and that needs to be pointed out. More signings like Murphy and I believe, even with Kean, we could not go down to League 1 so it is still relevant.

So from slagging off Rovers to loving Keanocchio.

Great start Murphy.

Sorry but it's the exact same quotes as those that appeared on rovers.co.uk and the LT. Just with more pro-Kean spin on it. Murphy didn't actually say "I’m here because of the boss you love to hate." nor can we expect any new signing to say what we would like them to "well, Kean is an odious, deceitful individual but this was the best offer on the table and it also rewards really really well everyone involved in brokering the deal"

Instead we can always expect the usual unremarkable bunkum that is always trotted out; the manager convinced me, I was impressed with the vision of the Board and their lack of confusion, the global advisor is the best in the Championship, etc

"Since they have been running the club, from a distance, I have been impressed with Stevie and Mrs Desai. They both are very passionate and ambitious. I always used to watch Shebby when me and the missus were on holiday in Thailand - he's a better pundit than Lawro at least”

Cant believe some people on here!!!! We make one decent signing, acknowledge that it is a decent signing nothing more, and then people lambast others because apparently doing that is akin to forgiving Venky's for what they have done. Yes they could sign Neymar and it wouldn't make them good owners. But it would be a good signing. But apparently every single thing that they do is automatically catastrophic regardless of what it actually is. Nobody is now behind Venky's......nowhere near that in fact......but he was a good signing and that needs to be pointed out. More signings like Murphy and I believe, even with Kean, we could not go down to League 1 so it is still relevant.

The only thing that's still relevant is that Kean is still at the club and as long as that is the case, we can never stop regressing as a club.

Sorry but it's the exact same quotes as those that appeared on rovers.co.uk and the LT. Just with more pro-Kean spin on it. Murphy didn't actually say "I’m here because of the boss you love to hate." nor can we expect any new signing to say what we would like them to "well, Kean is an odious, deceitful individual but this was the best offer on the table and it also rewards really really well everyone involved in brokering the deal"

Instead we can always expect the usual unremarkable bunkum that is always trotted out; the manager convinced me, I was impressed with the vision of the Board and their lack of confusion, the global advisor is the best in the Championship, etc

Silence is golden.

Or, I'm really glad to be here, blah blah blah and no mention of Kean given the circumstances.

Archived