SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Danny Murphy

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMG. We've signed Murphy!!!!

OMG. Kean is a god I was so wrong about him

I'm going to buy six tickets in the Jack Walker Upper Central just for me in light of such a masterstoke.

Hopefully I will bump into Kean and Shebby and I can give them a masterstroke!!!!

Drool!!!!

Silence is golden.

Or, I'm really glad to be here, blah blah blah and no mention of Kean given the circumstances.

"Danny, do me a favour, just have a word when the press meet you, won't do any harm" - "No boss, you can shove off, I'm not speaking up for you". That's not going to happen is it Maj?

"Danny, do me a favour, just have a word when the press meet you, won't do any harm" - "No boss, you can shove off, I'm not speaking up for you". That's not going to happen is it Maj?

If those in charge of PR had a brain cell, they would know that comments like that will annoy fans. Given we have lost 1,000's of them already, not losing more should be priority No.1.

The place for the talking after the last 18 months of hell should be on the pitch, not ###### in the press.

OMG. We've signed Murphy!!!!

OMG. Kean is a god I was so wrong about him

I'm going to buy six tickets in the Jack Walker Upper Central just for me in light of such a masterstoke.

Hopefully I will bump into Kean and Shebby and I can give them a masterstroke!!!!

Drool!!!!

It doesnt change my view of thinking on either Kean or Venkys, I just happen to think this is a decent signing, even if he played simply as a wall player and didnt run, he would still be better than what we have, he can pick a pass and has great ball retention, I have been told by many in football, he isnt the type of player to take a 'meal ticket' more importantly, he will voice his opinions and be very demanding of other players!!

A good player will make 3 yards with his thinking, indeed, one of the slowest players I ever saw was Bobby Moore, he got to the ball 10 minutes before anyone else, he was a brilliant reader of the game.

Look this is, under the current circumstances, a decent signing. Leave it at that.

As for his coments on signing, what in gods name else could he possibly say.

He has to work with the man for gods sake.

Kean is scum of the highest order and murphy will know that soon enough.

This does nothing to improve how the club is being run in the slightest; but as a stand alone moment its good for rovers.

It doesnt change my view of thinking on either Kean or Venkys, I just happen to think this is a decent signing, even if he played simply as a wall player and didnt run, he would still be better than what we have, he can pick a pass and has great ball retention, I have been told by many in football, he isnt the type of player to take a 'meal ticket' more importantly, he will voice his opinions and be very demanding of other players!!

A good player will make 3 yards with his thinking, indeed, one of the slowest players I ever saw was Bobby Moore, he got to the ball 10 minutes before anyone else, he was a brilliant reader of the game.

Fully agree. Danny Murphy is a player I have always liked and admired. Ultimately the success of this signing may revolve around who is allowed to leave and who is recruited, but at face value this is a positive step forward and a good recruit.

Guest Rovers4Good

:lol: yeah, the the massive pay packet probably helped too.

Massive pay packet and a 2 year deal sounds about right.

Cant believe some people on here!!!! We make one decent signing, acknowledge that it is a decent signing nothing more, and then people lambast others because apparently doing that is akin to forgiving Venky's for what they have done. Yes they could sign Neymar and it wouldn't make them good owners. But it would be a good signing. But apparently every single thing that they do is automatically catastrophic regardless of what it actually is. Nobody is now behind Venky's......nowhere near that in fact......but he was a good signing and that needs to be pointed out. More signings like Murphy and I believe, even with Kean, we could not go down to League 1 so it is still relevant.

No it needs to be pointed out that is an AWFUL signing and this needs to be said. He is a 35 year old with his legs going, its already been said he could barely compete for over 60 min (remind you of anyone?) And IMO the championship asks a lot more from your body with games coming thick and fast.

Seriously its DANNY MURPHY from Fulham. Ive seen him play plenty of times, he is nothing but a highlights player for last few years. And he wont be able to play every game and his legs will only get worse.

And I dread to tink how much venkys spent on this and the financial implications it could have on the club.

No it needs to be pointed out that is an AWFUL signing and this needs to be said. He is a 35 year old with his legs going, its already been said he could barely compete for over 60 min (remind you of anyone?) And IMO the championship asks a lot more from your body with games coming thick and fast.

Seriously its DANNY MURPHY from Fulham. Ive seen him play plenty of times, he is nothing but a highlights player for last few years. And he wont be able to play every game and his legs will only get worse.

And I dread to tink how much venkys spent on this and the financial implications it could have on the club.

Awful signing? Compared to the dross we've recruited over the past 18 months he's a world beater. There were plenty of folk on here describing Yak's signing in a similar vein. We have enough to complain about as it is without jumping on every single issue and turning it into a negative. Murphy will do a good job in the Championship.

If those in charge of PR had a brain cell, they would know that comments like that will annoy fans. Given we have lost 1,000's of them already, not losing more should be priority No.1.

The place for the talking after the last 18 months of hell should be on the pitch, not ###### in the press.

So are you saying that you don't want anybody from the club talking to the media or the fans? Last time I checked, lack of communication was pretty high up on the complaints list.

Not talking to the fans so far though is he? He's talking Venkys charm initiative and so far it's sounding pretty hollow. when will the message get through that unless Kean is sacked and totally removed from any position, even that of darwen end toilet cleaner, then anything they may say is pointless because we don't believe they have the good of the club at heart?

Purely talking about what he can do on the pitch I think he could be a decent signing. Retention of the ball is something we've lacked since Tugay left, he doesn't need to be a box to box midfielder, if he can stand around and do a Pirlo type job (Obviously not quite the same quality) then he'll be a decent signing.

Nothing spectacular but probably the best signing we've made under Kean and Venky's other than perhaps Yakubu which very few of us expected to work out as well as it did. But Danny Murphy being the best signing over 2 years probably tells it's own story about how far we've fallen.

All in all we could have done a lot worse, we've already proved that with some of the dross we've brought in.

So are you saying that you don't want anybody from the club talking to the media or the fans? Last time I checked, lack of communication was pretty high up on the complaints list.

No he's obviously saying that the last thing the fans want to hear from a new signing, is praise for a man that has got our team relegated and insulted the fans from day 1.

Some great quotes from kean at the end

MURPHY LURED NORTH ON PROMISE OF FIRST-TEAM FOOTBALL

By Dominic Farrell, Press Association Sport

Danny Murphy claims the prospect of guaranteed first-team football persuaded him to join Blackburn's bid for an instant return to the Barclays Premier League.

Former England international Murphy spent five successful seasons with Fulham, captaining them to the 2010 Europa League final under the guidance of current national boss Roy Hodgson.

After making 48 appearances in all competitions last season, the 35-year-old remains intent on regular game time - something Rovers boss Steve Kean made clear was on the agenda.

``First and foremost, in my whole career I've made decisions based on playing football,'' Murphy told a press conference at Ewood Park.

``Steve made it blatantly obvious that he wanted me here to be on the pitch, playing and performing which was a big factor.

``The conversation I'd had with Fulham was they wanted me to stay but they were maybe looking at bringing someone in to play instead of me rather than competing with me.

``I didn't want to go down the road of finishing my career sitting, playing the odd game here and there. I'd rather be part of a new challenge and a project and that's what this gave me.''

Kean envisages respected pro Murphy playing a role in the development of the club's young talent, but the player himself wants to delay the transition to full-time coach for as long as possible.

``I had a chat with (England assistant manager) Ray Lewington a couple of days before I signed and he made a very valid point to me - you're a long time finished so don't worry too much about the coaching aspect yet,'' he explained.

``He's seen me play for a long time and I believe I've got the quality to keep playing. I think my level of performance and the amount of games that I've played has been a match for anyone.''

Nevertheless, Murphy admits the decision to turn his back on a top-flight career that has taken in spells with Liverpool, Charlton and Tottenham was difficult to stomach at first.

``Initially I was a little bit reluctant in that respect, but the more I thought about it, the more influence I thought I could have at this level.

``I don't think I have anything to prove in my career. I think my ego was initially what I worried about, but playing in the Championship is another challenge for me and one I'm really looking forward to.''

Despite ongoing changes behind the scenes at Blackburn and a significant level of vitriolic dissent from supporters, Kean remains the man charged with ensuring the 1994/95 champions return to the Premier League at the first time of asking.

After admiring displays from veteran playmakers such as Italy's Andrea Pirlo at Euro 2012, the Scot believes a player he worked with as a coach at Fulham can bring a similar classy assurance to the Rovers midfield.

``It's a pivotal signing for us,'' he said. ``I think we can all look over the last couple of evenings and see that if you've got someone on the pitch who can control the flow and the pace of the game, even at a slightly older age, they can have a massive effect.

``That's what I expect Danny to be able to do - run games and control the tempo.

``What's gone is gone. It's a fresh challenge and we're building a squad that is moving forward and progressive.''

Archived