BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Danny Murphy

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Ashamed (as I have been for a while) to be a Rovers fan. Brilliant how plenty said it'd all be fine once Kean had gone with regards to getting behind the team and as soon as somebody underperforms (but still tries to get involved and doesn't shirk away) they get booed when in possession and the opposition fans are applauded when they sing abuse to Murphy.

Joke fans (those who did the above).

Ashamed (as I have been for a while) to be a Rovers fan. Brilliant how plenty said it'd all be fine once Kean had gone with regards to getting behind the team and as soon as somebody underperforms (but still tries to get involved and doesn't shirk away) they get booed when in possession and the opposition fans are applauded when they sing abuse to Murphy.

Joke fans (those who did the above).

Nonsense, Murphy has been shockingly poor this season and not even a shadow of the player he was at Fulham. Yes I agree, booing him was stupid by MINORITY of our fans, however the criticism that he receives is deserved.

He is one of the main culprits to our poor midfield. He slows the play down and seems to me as though he is very arrogant. When he doesn't receive the ball he stomps his feet and doesn't bother tracking back. He was to blame primarily for the Wolves goal by giving possession away in a stupid position, which led to their corner.

He needs to get his act together if he wants to wear the blue and white shirt. I expect players to have a lot more fight in them than what Murphy has shown in his time at Ewood. He needs to improve and FAST!

Murphy looks and plays like a 45 year old. He's a very poor man's Tugay slow, but without the ability on the ball or the vision and accuracy of passing. Has no ability to find space or shake off a challenge, is continually under pressure and just makes blind and aimless passes anywhere to get rid. The only hope of getting value from his exorbitant wages is that he might be better if we ever get a manager who believes in wingers and can get the players to pass and move .

I didn't hear any booing of murphy during the game, although he was rubbish. I can only assume this is a very small number of fans but people like to point it out and exaggerate it

There was a lot of it near me in the BBurn End to be honest, I imagine the person who posted about it sits around there.

I think its quite simple really, Murphy needs the right type of midfield around him. Its pretty obvious he isnt going to be the quickest player and he never was at fulham. At fulham there was pace in the midfield which stretched the opposition midfield and gave an out ball for Murphy. Without it the midfield becomes to crowded and to compact, he is easily crowded and is going to start giving the ball away. Its just soo hard to believe that our managers (if you include Black) havent spotted that. I mean we have CKR, Olsson, nunes and simon who can play wider.

I hope he isnt playing with an injury, if he is get him off and properly recoverd.

I think its quite simple really, Murphy needs the right type of midfield around him. Its pretty obvious he isnt going to be the quickest player and he never was at fulham. At fulham there was pace in the midfield which stretched the opposition midfield and gave an out ball for Murphy. Without it the midfield becomes to crowded and to compact, he is easily crowded and is going to start giving the ball away. Its just soo hard to believe that our managers (if you include Black) havent spotted that. I mean we have CKR, Olsson, nunes and simon who can play wider.

I hope he isnt playing with an injury, if he is get him off and properly recoverd.

He was playing with Etuhu alongside him at Fulham, he is doing the same here at Rovers. Aaron Mokoena was better than Murphy. He has been nothing short of shocking and we need to remove the captaincy from him.

Agreed.

A proper manager would know how to utilise Murphy properly, so let's see how the new manager changes things before we make judgements on Murphy.

It would not surprise me if Murphy had interest in the becoming the new manager himself.

I bumped into David Dunn on Sunday night and told him my feelings regarding Danny Murphy (The useless, money-sponging git who is our captain and seems to think his wage is his pension for which he is entitled)...

Although, Dunny said he can't really comment on individual players, I noticed he didn't disagree with anything I said. More importantly, he said he can't understand why he (Dunny) hasn't been getting game time, considering he is fully fit and would be decent in the Championship. He seemed really frustrated and who can blame him!

Just thought I'd share this.

Dunn, MGP, should be in the side ahead of Murphy. How many more chances are we going to give him?

Dont think Dunn is allowed to play but then again maybe Shebby is the man to shed some light on this.

I bumped into David Dunn on Sunday night and told him my feelings regarding Danny Murphy (The useless, money-sponging git who is our captain and seems to think his wage is his pension for which he is entitled)...

Although, Dunny said he can't really comment on individual players, I noticed he didn't disagree with anything I said. More importantly, he said he can't understand why he (Dunny) hasn't been getting game time, considering he is fully fit and would be decent in the Championship. He seemed really frustrated and who can blame him!

Just thought I'd share this.

Theres a rumour that Dunny spoke to Shebby about his comments regarding Peds the pensioner, and its seem from that point on Dunny hasnt been getting any game time .

I think that Murphy would play better in a three or five man midfield - more options to pass to, more people to do his running for him. So far he's been a bit of an expensive flop. Hopefully the new manager will have an idea about how to get the best out of him.

Archived