BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ian Silvester - New Club Secretary

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nick Harris is reporting that former Liverpool, Leicester and Leeds United Club Secretary is to be appointed as Rovers Club/Football Secretary.

I have met Ian when he worked at all three of the above clubs and I always found him to be an efficient administrator and a decent bloke.

I'm sure he's a nice guy and good at his job.

But this is a serious question. If he's that good what on earth is he doing coming to Blackburn Rovers in its present state. Whenever you apply for a job you look at the company you're going to join. Has he been away in some far flung place and not read about the situation at Ewood? Does he know what he's letting himself in for?

What self-respecting person would join the shambles that is Blackburn Rovers unless he was utterly desperate for a job?

Somebody earlier in the thread said "things are looking up".

Sorry, but things will never look up till Venkys and Kean have gone and anyone who thinks otherwise is living in a dreamworld.

First post for a while and just thinking about Venkeans again has got me going....

Come on - don't be such a spoilsport. As things go it's been a pretty good few days. We got Shebby Singh, a highly respected pundit on Asian TV, and now we've got Ian Silvester. With their input, and a little bit of tweaking here and there, we'll find worselves winning more than we lose.

Christ, when did things get so negative around here?

I'm sure he's a nice guy and good at his job.

But this is a serious question. If he's that good what on earth is he doing coming to Blackburn Rovers in its present state. Whenever you apply for a job you look at the company you're going to join. Has he been away in some far flung place and not read about the situation at Ewood? Does he know what he's letting himself in for?

What self-respecting person would join the shambles that is Blackburn Rovers unless he was utterly desperate for a job?

Sorry, but things will never look up till Venkys and Kean have gone and anyone who thinks otherwise is living in a dreamworld.

First post for a while and just thinking about Venkeans again has got me going....

Either relishes a challenge

OR

Thinks we're a quick way to make a few quid

Lets hope its option one.

Come on - don't be such a spoilsport. As things go it's been a pretty good few days. We got Shebby Singh, a highly respected pundit on Asian TV, and now we've got Ian Silvester. With their input, and a little bit of tweaking here and there, we'll find worselves winning more than we lose.

I hope the 'tweaking' you mention means the sacking of SK, then we will win more!!!

Absolutely cracking appointment. Apparently the office staff are 'bouncing' at Ewood.

Things are on the up!

:lol:

Pretty exciting times eh!

I hear Mr Silvester is the Ronaldinho of the administration world. The things this bloke can't do with a stapler just aren't worth knowing.

I hear Mr Silvester is the Ronaldinho of the administration world. The things this bloke can't do with a stapler just aren't worth knowing.

I heard the fact he has his own desk tidy, and is prepared to bring it in, made the decision a no brainer.

Good luck to him.

Ian Silvester.

• Chief Operating Officer at Onside Football Consultancy Ltd

Past

• Club Secretary at Liverpool Football Club
  • Assistant Club Secretary at Liverpool Football Club

Connections79 connections

Public Profilehttp://uk.linkedin.c...ster/3a/654/101

Seems to have a proven track record in the position he is being employ in. This is a first for the Venky's family.

Let's hope he does a good job.

That's like you telling me "Good news, we've just got new tables in the ship's restaurant" and me answering "Yes and we're holed below the waterline"

Looks like good news, but is this guy employed as a consultant employee or Full time brfc employee?

If I was going to sell a club I would hire all new people on consultancy contracts to minimise liabilities

Maybe just my finely tuned conspiracy mind working overtime

Only strange thing for me is the chap is operations director at Onside FC (a football consultancy) and only took that job mid Jan this year... And you really can't have a part time football sec (hell most teams have an assistant sec as well).

Only strange thing for me is the chap is operations director at Onside FC (a football consultancy) and only took that job mid Jan this year... And you really can't have a part time football sec (hell most teams have an assistant sec as well).

Ok but he's not exactly gonna be running the show is he?Wondering why they thought a new Sec was important TBH. So lets not get carried away-the decision making universe is still Poo Na Na and they continue to swerve anything that resembles important decisions.

That's like you telling me "Good news, we've just got new tables in the ship's restaurant" and me answering "Yes and we're holed below the waterline"

But why can't you look at the positives? Is there some other motive behind your comment?

Let's all take a step back and look at the things we can get excited about.

1) We've got season tickets at unbeatable value and Dunny will deliver 'em!

2) We've got Shebby Singh and the Brazilian 'fixer' - other clubs in the Championship are reportedly 'green with envy' over our advantages in unlocking the Asian and South American markets.

3) We've got a young manager who's got results at places like Old Trafford, Anfield and Molineux.

4) We've got links with agents who can give us a boost in the transfer market.

6) We'll have one of the youngest sides in the Championship.

There's no reason we can't get off to a flyer and finish in the top ten, at least.

But why can't you look at the positives? Is there some other motive behind your comment?

Let's all take a step back and look at the things we can get excited about.

1) We've got season tickets at unbeatable value and Dunny will deliver 'em!

2) We've got Shebby Singh and the Brazilian 'fixer' - other clubs in the Championship are reportedly 'green with envy' over our advantages in unlocking the Asian and South American markets.

3) We've got a young manager who's got results at places like Old Trafford, Anfield and Molineux.

4) We've got links with agents who can give us a boost in the transfer market.

6) We'll have one of the youngest sides in the Championship.

There's no reason we can't get off to a flyer and finish in the top ten, at least.

Total WUM or sombody suffering from Venkeanitus.

Archived