BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Leon Best

Bit unfair IMO hes only passing on what hes heard, I'd do the same fair enough some of it might not come true but at least hes letting us know some info whether true or not.

Maybe a bit unfair.

But EVERYTHING he has heard has turned out to be wrong so far ! :lol:

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe a bit unfair.

But EVERYTHING he has heard has turned out to be wrong so far ! :lol:

Guys, I really don't give a stuff.

Don't need to try and justify anything but if you look back, there are a few snippets that materialised eg have a look at the pre Wigan match stuff, think I advised controversial formation and strikers on match day though well before kick-off ! Thing is, when I do get something right, I don't go singing and dancing about it. All I do, is share generally anything that I hear that may be of interest, I am not one of the 'know something but can't tell you brigade'.

This is a MB and the very nature of a MB is to generate opinion and allow gossip and speculation to be shared. Some seem to forget that.

Not been on here much recently, interest and love in Rovers has gone. It simply aint my, or any supporters, club any more.

Guys, I really don't give a stuff.

Don't need to try and justify anything but if you look back, there are a few snippets that materialised eg have a look at the pre Wigan match stuff, think I advised controversial formation and strikers on match day though well before kick-off ! Thing is, when I do get something right, I don't go singing and dancing about it. All I do, is share generally anything that I hear that may be of interest, I am not one of the 'know something but can't tell you brigade'.

This is a MB and the very nature of a MB is to generate opinion and allow gossip and speculation to be shared. Some seem to forget that.

Not been on here much recently, interest and love in Rovers has gone. It simply aint my, or any supporters, club any more.

Mercerman keep the the info coming, end of the day its a forum any sort of info is better than nothing at all.

Would be pretty happy if we signed Best. Can remember him scoring for Coventry against us and knocking us out of the FA Cup a few seasons ago but I haven't seen him too much over 90 mins. Although he has looked alright when I have.

Just had a quick look at Newcastle forums for their opinion of him. The most common thing they say is he is a hard worker and good professional, always good attributes to have. They also say he has injury issues, not a good sign. Also that he needs to learn the offside rule.

Some don't really rate him that much but others do;

- "Best is quality. I seriously think he's not much that worse than Ba or Cisse. He's got a decent touch, he's strong, he can skin people and he has decent aerial ability"

- "I quite like Best, his first touch is normally pretty decent and he has more skill than some people think"

- "He's a tidy finisher, good dribbler and has an excellent work rate"

They also say he spent quite a bit of time on the left wing, so that's one reason why his goal-to-game ratio isn't that good. He does look quite strong and good in the air which are important attributes to have in the Championship. I have a mate who supports Newcastle so will ask him his opinion when I see him tonight.

Reckon it all depends whether there are any premier league clubs in for him, one of the newly promoted lot maybe. If there are no prem takers then he will probably end up at Rovers.

Think his chances in the first team where limited last year but I remember him bagging a hat trick on his first prem start for them after Andy Carroll had gone/

Looks like the Indian Bank are happier to lend than Barclays. Thats a bit of a worry if you ask me. I wouldn't trust Venky's with a quid in Poundland to be honest.

If we've upped our offer to the £3m plus extra's then that money will have to come from somewhere and it sure as hell isn't coming from Mrs Desai's piggy bank.

The Murphy situation is strange to say the least. I've never seen Rovers move so fast in terms of transfer dealings. Couple that with this report and it would seem the club are intending to throw some cash at this promotion. I might not be concerned if it was being spent by a competent manager. But Kean? Mmmmm. Dubious to say the very least. He'll need to get his act together, because if the strategy is to buy our way back up and we fail then we'll see some big big problems. It really is a case of 's#*t or get off the potty' if we're going down this road.

I would rather spend to go back up then not to, it is always a risk with Venkys. Murphy and Best would be good signings for our level. I am also surprised with the quick dealings. Something different is definitely happening.

My Newcastle mate doesn't rate him too highly. Although admittedly that was compared to their main strikers. But he said he would get at least double figures in the Championship.

I've heard similar, my Geordie mate reckons he's probably not quite good enough to be a starter in PL but he said he'll easily get double figures in the Championship.

Been having a good look at videos of him, and talking to a few people who watch Newcastle and im starting to think he wouldnt be a bad player, especially in the championship.

10 league goals in 31 starts (10 sub) isnt a bad return, and to be fair to him he looked pretty decent when Ba was away last season.

Dropping down a league he should be capable of 10-15 goals which isnt a bad start.

Best would be a good addition, he's got physical presence to his game and that is much needed in the Championship. Didn't Newcastle release Guthrie as well, maybe we can pick him up on a free? Would make our midfield look a lot better.

Best would be a good addition, he's got physical presence to his game and that is much needed in the Championship. Didn't Newcastle release Guthrie as well, maybe we can pick him up on a free? Would make our midfield look a lot better.

Wasn´t Guthrie mentioned in January? Always liked him, would give badly needed legs in our midfield.

Archived