BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Leon Best

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guthrie on a free would be a great signing. Surely if Kean wanted to sign him in Jan for a fee, he would want to sign him for free?

Unless of course Guthrie doesn't fancy dropping to the championship.

Someone will take Guthrie in the permiership. No need for him to drop down.

News in and around Newcastle is that Best highly unlikely to come !!!

No surprises there then and you would have to ask if any half decent player would want to join the Ewood circus.

I understand that the chances of Best coming are getting slimmer by the day.

How far have we fallen that Best is considered an outstanding signing.

Out of the PL Maj .... in the PL we would be luke warm about him and considering him a squad player

How far have we fallen that Best is considered an outstanding signing.

Agreed, as with Murphy.

I know it's 'horses for courses' to try and get back up but to me, it's 'silly season' with the money involved for two players who will not, IMO, keep us in the PL if promoted.

Best at £3m in the last year of his contract is, IMV, poor negotiation and as for the reported £50k / week for Murphy, someone is having a laugh. Murphy's reported wage of £2.6m / season will probably be twice as much as we take in season ticket sales - madness for a rapidly depreciating asset.

Out of the PL Maj .... in the PL we would be luke warm about him and considering him a squad player

Yes like most of us were about signing Yakubu. And I know I wasn't the only one to be happy with the signings of Dann and Chimbonda. My point is nobody knows how successful any signing is until they are here. I'm sure I don't need to give examples of other recent signings we were unsure about. So the only thing we can do is wait.

When Best got a run for the magpies he played very very well, took his goals very well, and before people start throwing stats at me i know they read bad but when he played he did quite well, we need to take a look around, this is the standard of player we can attract now given the league were in not to mention the clowns at the helm...id be very happy with him!!

I would be happy with best I work with 2 newcastle fans and play footy with another and all 3 say pretty much the same: Great squad player, good touch, does a lot of hard work, can finish, unlucky to be behind 2 such great strikers in BA and Cisse and all 3 think he would be a success in the championship!!!! Id be happy overall though with him.... :)

And Steve Kean to manage you. think I'd be waiting a bit to see who else was interested. It's early days yet and players have the club where they want it - a bad reputation means we will have to pay even more over the odds than previously for players to overcome all the bad publicity we have had. Players like those in every other kind of empoyment talk.

And Steve Kean to manage you. think I'd be waiting a bit to see who else was interested. It's early days yet and players have the club where they want it - a bad reputation means we will have to pay even more over the odds than previously for players to overcome all the bad publicity we have had. Players like those in every other kind of empoyment talk.

+1

Some folk are so naive when it comes to footballers. If we offer him good terms and first team footy he will come, if someone offers him more money he will go there. Don't kid yourself that rovers "reputation" has much to do with it. 99% are motivated by money first, everything else comes a distant second.

Archived