BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Leon Best

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Givet signed a contract which had a relegation clause in it.... We got relegated....

Has no bearing on the money being offered now. He signed that contract.

True, however, just as most businesses have a pricing structure, football clubs should have a wages' structure. Wage disparities are a recipe for chaos and disharmony. Wage levels should be rationalised and defensible - no way could you rationalise, or defend, Murphy and Best earning more than Givet.

99.9999% done deal!! Straight from the horses mouth!! 4 year deal, he's met with Norwich, Fulham & Stoke but none could match the Blackburn offer!!

Apparently, Rovers mean business & are willing to back it up!!

Where have you heard this?

I'm just telling u what Leon himself said, I'm not an itk'er, I've just been told by a friend who is related to him!!

his only reservation is that he wants premier league football but can't turn this offer down!! He also said that if blackburn were in the premiership he would have signed by now!! He seemed pretty impressed!!

I'm just telling u what Leon himself said, I'm not an itk'er, I've just been told by a friend who is related to him!!

his only reservation is that he wants premier league football but can't turn this offer down!! He also said that if blackburn were in the premiership he would have signed by now!! He seemed pretty impressed!!

Leon comes across as completely honest - in it for the money. If he scores 15 plus that's ok with me. Make that 20. An honest bloke working with Kean hmmmmmm

Wow so, let me guess, Best on 50k and Murphy probably on 70k per week. The mind boggles. Why dont they spend money to sack kean

That much really? I can't see it. Maybe 40k each.

Waiting for Best confirmation this evening. Rovers want to announce it with the departure of Yakubu.

hope your right, doubt it will happen though

That much really? I can't see it. Maybe 40k each.

i read murphys on 30k a week

Terms, conditions and wages have been agreed. Just waiting for the medical and for Leon to sign on the dotted line (It would've been done already but for Best's trip to Ireland which he just got back from).

Terms, conditions and wages have been agreed. Just waiting for the medical and for Leon to sign on the dotted line (It would've been done already but for Best's trip to Ireland which he just got back from).

We're not struggling to find a pen again then Sheb, sorry, MG?! Good news. We don't want another Hoillett situation developing do we? He was "desperate" to sign for about 10 months according to Captain Positive.

Hey, maybe Hoillett will? What's the word on the street?

We're not struggling to find a pen again then Sheb, sorry, MG?! Good news. We don't want another Hoillett situation developing do we? He was "desperate" to sign for about 10 months according to Captain Positive.

Hey, maybe Hoillett will? What's the word on the street?

Hoilett willing to stay - If he gets a huge wage rise, and a signing fee which is approximately 10 times that of our latest signing.

I hope that's true, but considering we've paid 90k for RSC(i think) murphy would command more. 30k wouldnt convince him to join us

Way way below 90k.

Hoilett willing to stay - If he gets a huge wage rise, and a signing fee which is approximately 10 times that of our latest signing.

Way way below 90k.

If venkys where really serious they would pay him what he wants(im guessing 50kish), even if he only stays for another season or 2 at least if they get him on a long contract they can get a very good fee for him(and get all there money back!) when he does leave.

Way way below 90k.

Tell your bosses that the video of Steve Kean talking about Allardyce is probable grounds for sacking for bringing the club into disrepute and they will not have to pay him off. Then tell them to sell Martin Olsson, Scott Dann and Nzonzi for minimum 5 million each and use the money for a new manager and Hoilett's new contract. Use the parachute money as well and then they can sell us next year when we are a premier league club again. Also tell them if they are planning on keeping Kean, then they will get even less money for us in League 1.

I thought Samba was our highest paid player ever on 60 grand a week.......I would have thought Santa Cruz was on somewhere like 40/45 grand.

Archived