BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Midfielder On Loan

Hekla

Rochina destroyed Man U reserves which included Oberton, Brown, Machida, De silva and Fetcher, scored two and they had to kick him out of the game in the end!!

rochina will b class in champinship if he stays

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree if Rochina stays he should do well in the Chaampionship. This is provided he's played off the striker in the hole as we can't rely on him to track back but if we gave him this freedom he could absolutely destroy teams. Got an awesome shot on him as well. Best and Rochina could be a good partnership.

Agreed...... Rochina playing just behind Best .... Murphy pulling the strings in midfield ... Gosling box-to-box ... Ollsson and A N other flying down the wings .... is there an air of optomism returning ??

Without sounding too optimistic, if we sign all of the players we are chasing and keep a few of our star players, we will have the strongest team on paper in the championship.

However, we'll have the worst manager and owners.

If all that happened I would be optimistic because a very good championship team under Kean could then have a chance of not being relegated again. Then we could just try and stay there until Kean/Venky's leave and we could try and get promoted again. Imo, Venky's are staying because they won't get the required fee for us in the Championship. Therefore, after selling some key players and getting parachute payments, then they could put some of that into new signings and try and get us promoted. And if that doesn't happen this season then they might agree to sell after all or get a real manager in and try it that way.

Guthrie would be another really good signing. I'm a realist at the end of the day I just like being optimistic as being all pessimistic, doom-and-gloom etc is just a bit tedious imo. Everyone knows it deep down so why repeat the same comments 3 times on each thread.

Without sounding too optimistic, if we sign all of the players we are chasing and keep a few of our star players, we will have the strongest team on paper in the championship.

Got it in one there !!

If these crazy owners , want us back in the premier league , please please sack Steve kean

Venky's are obviously learning as they go. But either they're not listening to advise or they have been badly advised beyond comprehension. Why not invest in January?

As much as I dislike Kean, he hasn't been given full backing transfer-wise until now, and I think some of the names mentioned are very promising. I don't think he's competent on match days, and can't set up a proper team or make necessary adjustments during the game. We will have to rely on senior players taking responsibility, or that lack of results will lead to an early exit for Kean.

Even in this shambles, I can't help but look forward to the coming campaign.

I believe kean has told Venky's that he wasn't successful last season because he didn't have full control over signings. To be fair, he does have a point with regards to that but that doesn't excuse his tactical ineptness. Now he has control there is nowhere to hide for him next season.

Venky's want to sell the club for 30m. Think they have been made aware they will not get that unless we are a premier league side. I feel this is the obvious change in policy from Venky's and is also why I believe kean won't be quite as safe next season as he was last season. It's all very well backing a failing manager when you are being bankrolled by premier league money.

Great soldiers aren't their most effective without competent officers. Venkys need to wake up, fire Kean and hire a competent general.

Great soldiers aren't their most effective without competent officers. Venkys need to wake up, fire Kean and hire a competent general.

yea kean as to go. Its obvious he ain't goin anywhere though (we can all dream)

I believe kean has told Venky's that he wasn't successful last season because he didn't have full control over signings. To be fair, he does have a point with regards to that but that doesn't excuse his tactical ineptness. Now he has control there is nowhere to hide for him next season.

Venky's want to sell the club for 30m. Think they have been made aware they will not get that unless we are a premier league side. I feel this is the obvious change in policy from Venky's and is also why I believe kean won't be quite as safe next season as he was last season. It's all very well backing a failing manager when you are being bankrolled by premier league money.

Do you think they will sell in 12 months time regardless?

It's difficult to say at this stage what they will do in 12 months time. I have a feeling they will probably sell whatever the outcome. Get promoted and they can demand a good price for the club and therefore get most of their investment back. Fail to go up and they are going to be left with quite big costs (wages etc) that I don't think they will be willing to support that with their own money - financially I don't think they'll have any choice but to sell up.

It's difficult to say at this stage what they will do in 12 months time. I have a feeling they will probably sell whatever the outcome. Get promoted and they can demand a good price for the club and therefore get most of their investment back. Fail to go up and they are going to be left with quite big costs (wages etc) that I don't think they will be willing to support that with their own money - financially I don't think they'll have any choice but to sell up.

We are hearing lots about new signings and they are not the cheap and cheerfuls we were fed last January certainly not in wages.Alot of us don't get why they are spending now and why they didn't do it in Jan when evrybody knew they had to.Its a massive gamble to get out of Ch'ship now as opposed to spending in order to stay in PL and protect the income.

However where is all this coming from? you half suggest its not Venky's own money.So are they running up big debts to finance this assault-if so against what assets? If the Club is being mortgaged and this fails we are heading for Administration as nobody would be able to think about buying it with such big debts.It becomes an even worse situation than when they first bought it.

You have got me worried R11 !!!

We are hearing lots about new signings and they are not the cheap and cheerfuls we were fed last January certainly not in wages.Alot of us don't get why they are spending now and why they didn't do it in Jan when evrybody knew they had to.Its a massive gamble to get out of Ch'ship now as opposed to spending in order to stay in PL and protect the income.

However where is all this coming from? you half suggest its not Venky's own money.So are they running up big debts to finance this assault-if so against what assets? If the Club is being mortgaged and this fails we are heading for Administration as nobody would be able to think about buying it with such big debts.It becomes an even worse situation than when they first bought it.

They will fund it off-

Jones money- 4.1milloin

yak - 1mill and + big wages

Nzonzi- 7mill + big wages

Martin O- 5mill + medium wages

Grella- big wages

Salgardo- big wages

Formica- 2mill + medium wages

Robinson 2mill + big wages

Hoillet- 0.5 - 4mill + medium wages

plus all the other crap like Goulon ect = around 18 million transfer money + massive wage cut

I think we will keep all the other players so we could go out and spend 8 million this window and with a few good free agents the money made from transfers and money saved on wages should compensate lost tv money for this season. We should then still have a good team on paper to challenge for minimum top 6.

Hughesy, if rovers get promoted back to the premiership then venkys could quite realistically demand an inflated price for the club bearing in mind the huge tv deal. They could make a profit plus take the exposure their brand has had since taking over at rovers.

TBTF, the money, as Pitty says, will largely come from player sales plus parachute payments. Some may also come from Venky's borrowing money from their Indian bank. It is debatable whether the Indian bank would actually take rovers assets as liability anyway, it's more likely they would want Venky's assets to be liable.

Costs have been cut massively over the past 12months - and even more so now Grella, Salgado and Hoilett are off the wage bill.

I personally think that they gambled on us staying up with the aim of investing those savings into a Premier League team. Obviously now they seem to be investing those savings into a team that must gain promotion in order to get the golden paydays that being in the Prem provides. If we buy well, we will get promotion. Kean in non too disimilar to any number of attacking minded managers who have gained promotion out of the Championship (Coyle, Holloway, Boothroyd etc. all get teams to score goals but can't defend for toffee when in the top flight).

They will fund it off-

Jones money- 4.1milloin

yak - 1mill and + big wages

Nzonzi- 7mill + big wages

Martin O- 5mill + medium wages

Grella- big wages

Salgardo- big wages

Formica- 2mill + medium wages

Robinson 2mill + big wages

Hoillet- 0.5 - 4mill + medium wages

plus all the other crap like Goulon ect = around 18 million transfer money + massive wage cut

I think we will keep all the other players so we could go out and spend 8 million this window and with a few good free agents the money made from transfers and money saved on wages should compensate lost tv money for this season. We should then still have a good team on paper to challenge for minimum top 6.

I thought our wages were upwards of £35million and maybe even £40m and with only income basically being £16m of parachute money we are probably £20-£25million short of break even as things stand now. Lets just say the above sales save £15 million in wages then the transfer money generated maybe £15million.(I think you might be over estimating the transfer fees but not arguing).Even though you have £15million to spend that has to cover transfer fees and wages of incoming players.Murphy alone will take care of £4million at least with his wages.Best maybe £2m fee plus £1.5m wages so we are through half of it and we lose 9 players and only brought 2 in .

I might be wrapping myself up in knots but i just don't see with what is going out we are going to get enough quality in to make a challenge for going up.Once again if what we are assuming is true then Venkys haven't put anything in of their own-AGAIN!!!- have they?? So is it a balance the books promotion push or Venkys making serious money available to make sure we challenge??If its the latter is it actually their own cash or are they mortgaging the Club??

Early days but thats what Shabby Singh should be button holed on as its crucial to the future of the Club.And even though its all change in the Ewood ranks there has never been any plan communicated at any stage.This is what frightens those that can still be bothered with it!!!

Kean has definitely held onto his job by shifting blame for not having enough control over transfer policy and even team policy. He most likely gave numerous other reasons too such as player discontent, injuries and whatever else he could muster.

If players we're chasing like Murphy, Best and Zaha are his ideas then I'd say he has a good eye for footballing talent and better than whoever brought us such gems as Petrovic, Ribeiro, Modeste or Dann.

He still needs to go and if they are choosing to give him one last chance then they are needlessly taking a massive risk.

Kean has definitely held onto his job by shifting blame for not having enough control over transfer policy and even team policy. He most likely gave numerous other reasons too such as player discontent, injuries and whatever else he could muster.

If players we're chasing like Murphy, Best and Zaha are his ideas then I'd say he has a good eye for footballing talent and better than whoever brought us such gems as Petrovic, Ribeiro, Modeste or Dann.

He still needs to go and if they are choosing to give him one last chance then they are needlessly taking a massive risk.

To be fair I don't think it takes a genius to know that those 3 would be decent signings at championship level. How dare you give Kean the slightest bit of credit, you should be ashamed of yourself :)

To be fair I don't think it takes a genius to know that those 3 would be decent signings at championship level. How dare you give Kean the slightest bit of credit, you should be ashamed of yourself :)

To be fair, those signings might turn out to be flops, so maybe I spoke too soon! I think we are targetting more experienced, proven players this time round though, whereas last season the players we bought were largely gambles, which I think is a better way to go.

I thought our wages were upwards of £35million and maybe even £40m and with only income basically being £16m of parachute money we are probably £20-£25million short of break even as things stand now. Lets just say the above sales save £15 million in wages then the transfer money generated maybe £15million.(I think you might be over estimating the transfer fees but not arguing).Even though you have £15million to spend that has to cover transfer fees and wages of incoming players.Murphy alone will take care of £4million at least with his wages.Best maybe £2m fee plus £1.5m wages so we are through half of it and we lose 9 players and only brought 2 in .

£4m for Murphy - taking him to £76k a week??? WHAT!!

Wage bill was high, however we have been doing some cost cutting in the last season, followed by this summer losing the likes of high earners in Grella, Yak & unfortunatley Hoilett.... also most clubs have 40%+ automatic relegation wage drop clauses. So you would hope our wage bill is MUCH lower than it was.

Come on - our wages are nowhere near like that anymore. Roberts, Grella, Samba,Nelson, Salgado, Emerton, Andrews, Kalinic, Jones P, Jones J, Santa Cruz - all gone. Thats at least £400k per week saved on wages and replaced by utter ###### at a fraction of their wages.

£4m for Murphy - taking him to £76k a week??? WHAT!!

Wage bill was high, however we have been doing some cost cutting in the last season, followed by this summer losing the likes of high earners in Grella, Yak & unfortunatley Hoilett.... also most clubs have 40%+ automatic relegation wage drop clauses. So you would hope our wage bill is MUCH lower than it was.

i meant £4m over the 2 yrs-sorry!!.i agree we have cut costs but in doing so got rid of all our 'talent' and got relegated.Now we are down we are pumping up the wages again -why didnt this money get spent to keep us in PL??

On the subject of relegation clauses how many do you think will be hanging around happy with 40% drop? players sign them contracts never believing they will come into play ''.

TBH the whole club is just a sorry mess despite 'Singh when your winning'' trying his best to spin it and feel loved by everyone.The harsh realities will kick in for this bloke all too soon and then we will see what hes made of.

Any advance on gate of 8500 for first home game against Hull??

Archived