Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

neophox

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course forgot about Fulham.

Just this - Olly Hunt@OllHunt

It appears there may be truth in rumours of Matty Derbyshire back to#brfc, current Rovers player told me matt's keen on the idea

I think he is a super sub, nothing more. His goal record has been pretty awful lately. Would prefer us to try and get someone slightly better and then fall back on him.

I think Nuno Gomes would be a really good signing if it would happened. Even though he'll soon be 36 he's very fit and If you see him he doesn't look like 36. He has scored in all his career and would score in the championship.

A player like Gomes would help other players in our squad like Goodwillie, Rochina, Formica (if he stays) and Derbyshire/Best (If they sign).

I'd be for the idea if he isn't on mammoth wages! I realise this is a big if!

Like I have said previously too - Lafferty, Naismith and Davis - Get them in too if we can! Better than what we have currently and have bags of experience both internationally and in Europe :)

Last season the biggest problem on the field was that we couldn't keep a clean sheet so it doesn't matter how many forwards or attacking midfielders we buy or are linked with, nothing is going to change until we get some effing defenders in !!!!!! arrggghhhh :angry2:

Personally I'd look at Ambrose from palace, Mcgugan from Forest, Ince and Phillips from Bpool in the attacking department and Defensively I'd look at Mariappa from Watford, Faubert who's been released by West Ham and Jacobsen who's on a free and I'd also look at Fuller who's on bosman up top.

Jacobsen who's on a free

I'd have Jacobson back in the team, he didn't look bad when he was playing for us and was unfortunate that there were several players ahead of him in the pecking order due to Big Sam's strange obsession with right backs. I think he could do a job for us in the Championship.

I'd have Jacobson back in the team, he didn't look bad when he was playing for us and was unfortunate that there were several players ahead of him in the pecking order due to Big Sam's strange obsession with right backs. I think he could do a job for us in the Championship.

Henley should be the first choice. He is good enough already. If Orr is here he is the second choice and Lowe can play there also.

Last season the biggest problem on the field was that we couldn't keep a clean sheet so it doesn't matter how many forwards or attacking midfielders we buy or are linked with, nothing is going to change until we get some effing defenders in !!!!!! arrggghhhh :angry2:

But we couldn't keep a clean sheet with Samba and Phil Jones as our centrebacks. You defend from the front....Yakubu never ran to close down anyone, our midfield didn't press or close down either......do that enough and we could sometimes keep clean sheets with Dann and Khizanishvili centre back.

Personally I'd look at Ambrose from palace, Mcgugan from Forest, Ince and Phillips from Bpool in the attacking department and Defensively I'd look at Mariappa from Watford, Faubert who's been released by West Ham and Jacobsen who's on a free and I'd also look at Fuller who's on bosman up top.

Some very good players there for our current level. Ambrose, McGugan and Ince especially. I'd love for us to sign Gunnarsson from Cardiff but I can't see him leaving.......I think we should take a look at some Reading, West Ham, Southampton, Norwich, QPR and even Swansea players for ones not used in the prem but were good in the Championship. Graham Dorrans we should be going all out for.

If we signed Nuno Gomes it would make me go back on my word not to buy this season's shirt and I would have a player's name on the back for the first time since 'Emerton 23' in about 2004

Henley should be the first choice. He is good enough already. If Orr is here he is the second choice and Lowe can play there also.

i might be in the minority here butI dont think Henley should be first choice , its not that i dont rate him , he's proved already in the time's i have seen him he's got the talent , but the championship is 46 game season , throw into that cup games and possibly international games whether it be for the 1st Wales team or U21 he could be looking at a 50-60 games season ,and unless he's an exceptional physical specimen thats far too much for an 17-18 year old , i would like to see him play 10-20 games for us this season as back-up to a proper experienced left back from who he can still learn from as well as push for the first team the year after

I think so too. Steven Reid seems to be free. He has been quite injury free lately. He is versatile and always gave his best for Rovers.

I thought Steven Reid signed a new contract at west brom I mite be wrong

Yeah reid signed a 2 year contract April this year.

Archived