BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nuno Gomes

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Erm, well what's happening is we are selling our good players, and re-assigning their wages to people who can't get those terms anywhere else. Effectively having to pay more than the going rate to persuade anyone to sign.

We're getting players brought in before mid July. That in itself is a pleasant surprise in comparison to last season. You're not wrong, we will lose our better players, however if I asked fans a year ago whether they'd want Leon Best or Yakubu, I think most would have gone for Best. Likewise Murphy over Petrovic. We're making signings that would have been acceptable in the premier league.

Gomes is worth a go. Seeing as we have Best I dont think there is any real harm in having a proven goal scorer at the club. If Kean wasn't around I'd genuinely start thinking about heading up to Ewood to watch this lot.

Erm, well what's happening is we are selling our good players, and re-assigning their wages to people who can't get those terms anywhere else. Effectively having to pay more than the going rate to persuade anyone to sign.

Well yes hoilett and yak are gone, but others who have a contract havent YET been sold. Lets hope it isnt more than 3 who are going to be sold. If that happens, we will have an excellent squad for the championship

I agree but my point was about moving to another country and he might not see it as worth it if it's just a 1 year deal. Friedel and Tugay already lived here.

Seeing as he was without a club, and therefore in a strong negotiating position, we should have just offered 12 months. Smacks of desperation throwing big money and 2 year deals to 35+ year olds.

Well yes hoilett and yak are gone, but others who have a contract havent YET been sold. Lets hope it isnt more than 3 who are going to be sold. If that happens, we will have an excellent squad for the championship

We'll see, but I'm confident you'll see more outgoings.

Remember the squad we had last time we were promoted? It had the likes of Duff, Jansen, Friedel, Berg, Flitcroft, Berkovic, a young and fit Dunn. I see very few players of their quality at Ewood now.

Seeing as he was without a club, and therefore in a strong negotiating position, we should have just offered 12 months. Smacks of desperation throwing big money and 2 year deals to 35+ year olds.

Maybe we should have offered him 12 months although maybe we did and he refused. Can anyone shed any light on this? And I thought Kamy said he wasn't on big money? Someone has already pointed out Kevin Phillips has scored goals in this league and he is older than Gomes. Fitness might be an issue but I don't think he will be first choice and will be primarily used as an impact sub....good player to come off the bench though.

Why am I reminded of Robbie Fowler?

Because hes just been released by his last club Braga who obviously didnt rate him but scottish plantpot did . An absolutely dreadful signing totally in keeping with the last twenty months with these clowns in charge.

Bore off! Yes we don't expect much from venkys and ballbag head but we've signed 3 players and its only the 3rd July, not saying give them a chance but at least the team that is being put together looks like it can win games!

Bore off! Yes we don't expect much from venkys and ballbag head but we've signed 3 players and its only the 3rd July, not saying give them a chance but at least the team that is being put together looks like it can win games!

care to say what games.......not league games thats for sure, a team that concedes 3 goals every week spends the summer signing lightweight foreign attackers. Magic real problem area(after kean) really getting addressed

3 portugese lads,formica,rochina,dunn,petrovic,simon,marcus...................in any combination in front of a steve kean organised defence = 4 goals shipped everyweek that will be span into an improvement.

Signing 'has been' overaged foreign attackers and you then you begin to see why we England are light years behind the Spanish at football.

The long term harm these lunatics cause to our game who are in charge is incomprehensible.

Unfortunately the team will be set up by the tactical cancer that is the Cumbernauld Cruyff, meaning they will be so exposed that the will be pumped week in week out. Anyone of these "experienced" players that questions the great bald genius will suffer mysterious injurys and be banished to the back fields of Brockhall.

Until we are rid of this gobshyte and the chicken barons it would not matter if we put the Spain team out in the famous blue and white as bollok chops would find a way to impose his tactical genius to make them play like a shyte pub team.

We're getting players brought in before mid July. That in itself is a pleasant surprise in comparison to last season. You're not wrong, we will lose our better players, however if I asked fans a year ago whether they'd want Leon Best or Yakubu, I think most would have gone for Best. Likewise Murphy over Petrovic. We're making signings that would have been acceptable in the premier league.

Gomes is worth a go. Seeing as we have Best I dont think there is any real harm in having a proven goal scorer at the club. If Kean wasn't around I'd genuinely start thinking about heading up to Ewood to watch this lot.

Spot on!!

The owners (or whoever controls things at Ewood) appear to have woken up to the fact that we're now in the Championship (as we all said would happen). All this outlay on players would perhaps be of some use if we had a decent manager to lead the team. Our current manager is, quite obviously, very far from 'decent'.

The only hope is that players like Gomes and Murphy have enough experience and leadership to ignore the egg headed Rasputin and run things themselves.

That should of been our hope last season with MUCH stronger chaps leadership wise in Salgado, Emerton, Nelsen, Samba and even Roberts and Andrews.... but what happened to them.

This is IMO utter bonkers.. we have to be paying over the odds for both of these lads.. when in the last season it was deemed better players like Salgado and Nelsen where to expensive and to old... so we buy two expensive players on 2yr contracts and both the wrong side of thirty five.

Our biggest issue last season was shipping goals like they had gone out of fashion yet now our primary targets are strikers and yet more attacking midfielders... ok fair play we lost the Yak but please the fools need to focus a bit on defence or at least defensive midfield (no way Murphy is a full on defensive midfielder he has not got the legs for that sort of work)... as the old saying goes "build from the back" so do not splash all the cash on the wrong areas.

Last transfer window was an odd one but the same mistake was made then, we spent where we did not need it.. we corrected one mistake in bringing in experience but look at what experience we threw away.

We will survive the league next season but promotion is a no no IMO.. we will scrape by and Kean will keep his job like last season playing on the odd great win ignoring the disasters utterly and blaming outside forces for his failures (injuries, players settling in, the fans, the weather, pigeon poo on the pitch etc etc...)... in the mean time we loose probably our last shot at getting back into the EPL and end up going broke (you simply can not pay those wages season after this one in the championship.. we cant afford it anyway with the loss of TV money). So overall in keeping kean and promoting his friends we are throwing good money at a problem that should not exist...

I will quote Einstein.. "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." or more appropriatly.. "We can't solve problems by using the same thinking that created them" and yes Kean/Venkys/Agnew is the biggest problem lets not make the mistake of letting them off the hook.

The only hope is that players like Gomes and Murphy have enough experience and leadership to ignore the egg headed Rasputin and run things themselves.

I am hoping that after 10 or so games or maybe sooner that they will have had enough of him. They are 2 very experienced players and as repeatedly stated on hear they are on 2 year deals so will not be happy about the likely prospect of potentially heading to League 1. I really, really hope that they organise a team meeting or something and say enough is enough, something needs to be done.....either sort the team out by doing this etc or we're not playing until you've gone....fairly unlikely but I don't think Murphy especially, will just stand by and just watch us lose all the time....not right at the end of his career......he might get frozen out but if enough of them do it and get the whole team to then Kean will be powerless.

If that or something similar were to happen it would also be amazingly ironic that it was Kean wanting complete control of transfers that would lead to his downfall.

Yes, hopefully the new 'oldies' will have enough balls to stand up to Kean and tell him his tactics are clueless. What was needed last year to boost the chances to oust him was a player revolt. In the wake of the disastrous year and the fans protests, I had hoped it would happen but it never did. I think one big advantage of getting in these old heads (Murphy in particular) will be a better chance of the players realising what a tit he is, and lending weight to the "Kean Out" cause.

I am hoping that after 10 or so games or maybe sooner that they will have had enough of him. They are 2 very experienced players and as repeatedly stated on hear they are on 2 year deals so will not be happy about the likely prospect of potentially heading to League 1. I really, really hope that they organise a team meeting or something and say enough is enough, something needs to be done.....either sort the team out by doing this etc or we're not playing until you've gone....fairly unlikely but I don't think Murphy especially, will just stand by and just watch us lose all the time....not right at the end of his career......he might get frozen out but if enough of them do it and get the whole team to then Kean will be powerless.

If that or something similar were to happen it would also be amazingly ironic that it was Kean wanting complete control of transfers that would lead to his downfall.

Didn't Salgado, Givet, Nelsen et al try and do that. And they were, in the main ostracised by the turd. Who has the power? Who calls the shots? I don't think there is (or ever likely to be whilst the turd is there) any player power at Ewood.

The owners (or whoever controls things at Ewood) appear to have woken up to the fact that we're now in the Championship (as we all said would happen). All this outlay on players would perhaps be of some use if we had a decent manager to lead the team. Our current manager is, quite obviously, very far from 'decen

t'.

your spot on The owners or whoever owns or controls the club but our obvious problem is Kean

That should of been our hope last season with MUCH stronger chaps leadership wise in Salgado, Emerton, Nelsen, Samba and even Roberts and Andrews.... but what happened to them.

This is IMO utter bonkers.. we have to be paying over the odds for both of these lads.. when in the last season it was deemed better players like Salgado and Nelsen where to expensive and to old... so we buy two expensive players on 2yr contracts and both the wrong side of thirty five.

Our biggest issue last season was shipping goals like they had gone out of fashion yet now our primary targets are strikers and yet more attacking midfielders... ok fair play we lost the Yak but please the fools need to focus a bit on defence or at least defensive midfield (no way Murphy is a full on defensive midfielder he has not got the legs for that sort of work)... as the old saying goes "build from the back" so do not splash all the cash on the wrong areas.

Last transfer window was an odd one but the same mistake was made then, we spent where we did not need it.. we corrected one mistake in bringing in experience but look at what experience we threw away.

We will survive the league next season but promotion is a no no IMO.. we will scrape by and Kean will keep his job like last season playing on the odd great win ignoring the disasters utterly and blaming outside forces for his failures (injuries, players settling in, the fans, the weather, pigeon poo on the pitch etc etc...)... in the mean time we loose probably our last shot at getting back into the EPL and end up going broke (you simply can not pay those wages season after this one in the championship.. we cant afford it anyway with the loss of TV money). So overall in keeping kean and promoting his friends we are throwing good money at a problem that should not exist...

Here lies the problem/problems ( forget who or whom controls/owns the club ) but kean the manager is number one problem, 2nd problem is if we don't go up at the 1st attempt paying Murphy an alleged 50K per week , Best 35K , Gomes big wages , Dunn + pedersen all so on top money it is a receipe for financial disaster .

Paying the wages we are you have to go up 1st attempt and in order to do that we need a manager capable of achieving that IMO we haven't got that manager + can see us down the lower half of the league .

Archived