BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wayne Wild Meets Shebby Singh

What's wrong with a manager owning shares in the football club that he works for?

Didn't Peter Reid have shares in Sunderland when he was managing them?

Didnt Reid get sacked by Sunderland? Poor results or something in the end, but he did have quite a bit of success along the way. Kean's reign has been one disaster after another, he received a pay rise in December when I seem to recall 99% of fans wanted him sacked.

Just in the interests of transparency Den I don't think it would do any harm in finding out if this is true or not, even though (I do vaguely remember Reid having shares in Sunderland) it can't be illegal.

For many, and I'm second guessing here, it would also explain how the hell it is he's still anywhere near our club.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why is Kean still manager of brfc then?

Worst manager, most hated manager, drink driver, being sued for slander, fallen out with all senior players, fans not buying tickets, a joke in football circles, needs a bodyguard, deluded...Relegated a team who wre in the PL for 10 years...

Yet he keeps his job

You wonder why people are suspicious? Seriously?

Plus the owners know full well that sacking Kean will probably put about 4000 back on the attendances next season immediately and don't do it.

What's wrong with a manager owning shares in the football club that he works for?

Didn't Peter Reid have shares in Sunderland when he was managing them?

I was thinking that, surely if kean and Anderson were to have shares in Rovers surely they would want the club to be successful and still in the prem, Anderson would not have been giving out bumper contracts that first transfer window as it would be less profit for the share holders. If true and they do have shares i can't imagine they would be to happy as they will be worth a lot less now.

Plus the owners know full well that sacking Kean will probably put about 4000 back on the attendances next season immediately and don't do it.

4000 x 225 = £900000

Its reported it would cost £800000 to get rid of Kean, so the club would actually £100000 better off getting shut of the bald toad. Put the £100000 toward part of a new bonus for a new manger to get us promoted.

It's so obvious it actually hurts....

Anyway, moving on....

MG, could you ask Shebby to explain the new transfer policy for us? Having let the likes of Ryan Nelsen go for free last season due to age (knowledge and ability obviously weren't required last season) we have now recruited a 35 year old on a 2 year contract on very high wages (by all accounts).

What has prompted this change in policy?

Wouldn't it have been better to keep a lot of the players we gave away rather than have to recruit new players and have to pay transfer fees along with those really pesky agents fees?

Not at all. Your paperwork has been handed in to the FA I believe. Nothing I say here will stop those wheels from turning.

Out of curiosity - Who's word would it take for you to believe that neither Kean nor Anderson have shares in BRFC?

I express no opinion on who owns what. I haven't a clue, except to the limited extent referenced within newspapers.

I suppose if I wanted to reassure myself that Steve Kean ("Kean") is not an owner of Blackburn Rovers Football Club ("BRFC"), and presuming I had the means, I would first want the question cleaned up a bit. BRFC is owned by Venkys London Limited ("Venkys"). We know Kean has at least one agreement with BRFC (to serve as our alleged manager). We know that there is at least one contract between Kean and SEM/Kentaro ("SEM"), as they are his agents. It can be inferred that there was at least one past contract between Venkys and SEM (associated with the sale, I presume) and SEM and BRFC (consulting activities, I presume).

If I were an investigator,with the power to administer oaths and compel the production of records and testimony, I would be very interested in seeing:

1) papers establishing who owns Venkys;

2) papers establing the operating agreement amongst Venkys' owners;

3) any and all contracts between Kean and BRFC;

4) any and all contracts between Kean and Venkys;

5) any and all contracts between Kean and SEM;

6) any and all contracts with Kean and each individual member of the Rao family (collectively Venkatesh Banda Rao ["V. Rao"], Jitendra Desai ["J.Desai"], Anuradha Jitendra Desai [A. Desai"], Balaji Banda Rao ["B. Rao"]);

7) any and all contracts between SEM and BRFC;

8) any and all contracts between SEM and Venkys;

9) any and all contracts between SEM and each individual member of the Rao family;

10) a full list of companies, foriegn and domestic, in which Kean, SEM, Venkys and each member of the Rao family has an interest;

11) repeat the above 10 inquires as to each company listed.

12) after receipt of the documents, place Jerome Anderson, Kean, V. Rao, J. Desai, A. Desai, B. Rao under oath and ask follow up questions.

I'm not saying I think the above would resolve anything. I don't know why the owners do what they do. But it would be where I'd start, if means allowed.

Alternatively, fire Kean and hire Alan Curbishley.

Spoke to my Dad earlier who told me he bumped into Beamo at the weekend and had a chat with him and got some good bits of info:

- he said the club is 2 months behind with the admin and promotion of season tickets because of the lack of communication between Agnew/Pune/the club, and it's not been helped by Agnew jetting off on holiday and doing pretty much nothing.

- said he had a chat with Shebby on the phone last week for half an hour or so, which started with Shebby singing Beamo Beamo down the phone to him. Said he came across as quite a genuine and passionate person, and seems interested in helping the club.

- the conversation persuaded Beamo to stay on for another year, as he was planning on jacking it in after last season's debacle.

...so not much more than is already known, but another sort of endorsement for Singh, and a criticism of Agnew from a well known Rover!

Didnt Reid get sacked by Sunderland? Poor results or something in the end, but he did have quite a bit of success along the way. Kean's reign has been one disaster after another, he received a pay rise in December when I seem to recall 99% of fans wanted him sacked.

Just in the interests of transparency Den I don't think it would do any harm in finding out if this is true or not, even though (I do vaguely remember Reid having shares in Sunderland) it can't be illegal.

For many, and I'm second guessing here, it would also explain how the hell it is he's still anywhere near our club.

I'm just adressing one or two posters who seem to suggest that the manager owning shares is somehow wrong Bob. In itself, it isn't. [as far as I'm aware].

As for the bigger question of exactly when Kean knew he would be taking over the managers job, I put my suspicions on here a long time ago. Remember the axis of evil comments [Mrs D, JA and Kean]?

Not at all. Your paperwork has been handed in to the FA I believe. Nothing I say here will stop those wheels from turning.

Out of curiosity - Who's word would it take for you to believe that neither Kean nor Anderson have shares in BRFC?

That's easy to answer, Chuck Norris, if Chuck says it's not true it's not true, but he's not is he?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Spoke to my Dad earlier who told me he bumped into Beamo at the weekend and had a chat with him and got some good bits of info:

- he said the club is 2 months behind with the admin and promotion of season tickets because of the lack of communication between Agnew/Pune/the club, and it's not been helped by Agnew jetting off on holiday and doing pretty much nothing.

- said he had a chat with Shebby on the phone last week for half an hour or so, which started with Shebby singing Beamo Beamo down the phone to him. Said he came across as quite a genuine and passionate person, and seems interested in helping the club.

- the conversation persuaded Beamo to stay on for another year, as he was planning on jacking it in after last season's debacle.

...so not much more than is already known, but another sort of endorsement for Singh, and a criticism of Agnew from a well known Rover!

Not knocking what you say, but could be Beamo saying 'its not my fault and dont label me as one of them, but i'll stay on for more pay'.

It just dawned on me, there may be suitable grounds to get an NPO to disclose that info. Anyone got a tame lawyer to run this by? I know these are normally used as empty threats by parking companies, but surely clearing up mysteries like this one is a valid use?

Still interested to know if he's got a valid work permit for the UK given he's no experience, a nonEU citizen and I dont beleive the job was advertised.

MG Road wrote: Out of curiosity - Who's word would it take for you to believe that neither Kean nor Anderson have shares in BRFC?

MG to be honest unless you have solid gold proof they own no shares in BRFC you should present it because after all the lies Venkys & kean have come out with nothing that comes out of their mouthes do we as fans believe kean especially with such whoppers like:

"We will never be relegated",

"We will sign Ronaldinho & Beckham".

& "I feel as though I am a new manager and they are new owners" despite them being here for 18 months so for us fans unless you have solid gold cast iron water tight evidence to suggest they don't own shares in the club then I like most other supporters will believe they do own shares in the club and nothing you say to the contrary will make me believe otherwise.

Many of the questions posed on here will be asked of Shebby when we meet with him in the next few days, I have not spoken to Wayne regarding his meeting with him as I did not want have an opinion one way or the other until we sit down with him.

On MG Roads comments, Id just like to say "Really" ^_^

Wouldn't that only be required if he was being paid Venky's London. I assume he's he's paid by a none-European arm of the company it wouldn't be an issue?

May be wrong here, but sure he would need a visa and, if he was paid by a non European arm, does that mean he wont pay taxes? I think he will have to pay taxes etc and as a resident of the UK would have to follow the rules!!

Many of the questions posed on here will be asked of Shebby when we meet with him in the next few days, I have not spoken to Wayne regarding his meeting with him as I did not want have an opinion one way or the other until we sit down with him.

On MG Roads comments, Id just like to say "Really" ^_^

I'm sure you guys are well prepared for all your meetings but, the big point which needs to be told to Shebby as many times as possible in any meeting with him is that the fans will never ever forgive kean.He is the biggest reason behind the poor ST sales and until he is removed that won't change.I know some will say until venkys are gone they won't be back at ewood. But Shebby will disregard this arguement as they are paying his wages.If Shebby truely dislikes kean then he shouldn't need much convincing!Thanks for everything Glen and group

"In touch with the main issues" !!!

Really ?

It's clear that Kean is the main issue and therefore Singh has failed at the first hurdle by backing him.

Feckin hell, we've been relegated and Kean's tenure has been disastrous with season ticket holders deserting us in their thousands.

Further rumours on Twitter that Kean owns part of the club:

One2One Football‏@One2OneCoach It's a fact that Steve kean owns 5% of Rovers!

IMO, Singh is just another puppet, all words and no action.

As for Wild, IMO, he has his own agenda and I will form my own opinions thank you.

Couldnt agree more Mercerman

Archived