BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Supporters Trust

Ozz

If only one trust organisation can be aligned to the Supporters' Trust, there can be only one winner and one loser.

At a guess I'd say both BRST and BRSIT have a nucleus of strong willed people with the time to give and some people who struggle to remain involved. Wouldn't it make more sense to somehow merge the two trust organisations and pool that resource together for the betterment of (the future of) the club?

I appreciate this wouldn't happen overnight but are there even any signs that this might be an aim?

It's all well and good saying there are subtly different objectives (or even fundemental ones) but surely sorting those out and moving forward as one Trust has to be the objective? If BRST already have the ear or the Supporters Trust, I'd say the onus is on them to let BRSIT help. But as soon as they do, it needs BRSIT to be willing to adapt their aims as much as possible to support and help shape a single organisation.

A seat on the board would be the best place to start, under normal circumstances and for other clubs, but even in these trying times - where more desperate measures may be suggested - it might still be that a more reasonable approach may still be better.

I'd vote for Sir Bill Taylor or Jack Straw to make it onto the board, with the "best" brains of both BRST and BRSIT to back them up.

I think that the two groups are indeed talking to each other, but it would be very unfair of me to say more as my understanding of what I heard in the meeting may be different. I'll leave that to the BRSIT and BRST reps.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd say this is the website is the most popular means of supporters airing/sharing their views & opinions.

Could the administrators organise a poll to see which group most fans want to push forward with?

If all worked as one, under one banner, we'd have a very strong voice for the supporters.

I think that the two groups are indeed talking to each other, but it would be very unfair of me to say more as my understanding of what I heard in the meeting may be different. I'll leave that to the BRSIT and BRST reps.

The BRST, BRSIT and SD (!!) will be talking this week to re-clarify things after some confusion surrounded the understanding of the last round of discussions. I will provide an update here.

The BRST, BRSIT and SD (!!) will be talking this week to re-clarify things after some confusion surrounded the understanding of the last round of discussions. I will provide an update here.

Do you know when this discussion will take place?

An agreement has been reached yes, late on Friday! Just confirming a few details and will update once this is done. We (BRST) are due to meet this Saturday again also, and will of course provide minutes once they have been done.

No war from me, i am just seeking answers for the supporters who elected me to do so, if they are being asked to part with money they are fully entitled to know what it is going to be used for and how it will benefit them

Out of interest how is your Group financed?

You may have answered that elsewhere, you appear on a lot of threads, but I would like to know.

I am not a 'paying' member of any Group but as you have made a big play on BRST asking for JUST £10 per SEASON and your confirmation that joining your democratically elected lot would be free would be useful.

Free lunch anyone?

I know it's Bates but I thought these were interesting articles, in terms of precedent - and particularly following suggestions Kean wanted to ban protesters.

http://www.fsf.org.uk/news/Leeds-United-fans-group-LUST-banned-for-disagreeing-with-Bates.php

http://www.thescratchingshed.com/2012/03/ken-bates-bans-lust-from-elland-road/

This kind of threat could mean BRSTs position becoming similar to the Fans' Forum in terms of a more 'softly-softly' approach.

Out of interest how is your Group financed?

You may have answered that elsewhere, you appear on a lot of threads, but I would like to know.

I am not a 'paying' member of any Group but as you have made a big play on BRST asking for JUST £10 per SEASON and your confirmation that joining your democratically elected lot would be free would be useful.

Free lunch anyone?

I will answer this ifI may?

Firstly I must point out its not a case of them and us,

I was very impressed with Ozz at the recent United supporters meeting, because for the first time since November last year the BRST appears to be a lot more focused and has the right people involved in terms of being pro-active in making this concept a reality.

The BRFC Action Group has been mainly financed for the last 10 months through our own pockets and from donations from members and non members who wish to help.

In addition we have started selling products like wrist bands to help finance the free membership which we are launching with support from local business's who have kindly donated incentives to members

The United meetings have been a great initiative and one thing is certain every supporters group/initiative are unified in terms if wanting a well run club.

Methods and ways of achieving this are different, but the commons goals are pretty much the same.

Its taken a long time for the BRST to get off the drawing board, but now it does appear that the new people involved are determined and dedicated at trying to make this work. They have my full best wishes, and as always I'm here to offer any advise or pointers should they wish to ask me.

I was very impressed with Ozz at the recent United supporters meeting, because for the first time since November last year the BRST appears to be a lot more focused and has the right people involved in terms of being pro-active in making this concept a reality.

The BRFC Action Group has been mainly financed for the last 10 months through our own pockets and from donations from members and non members who wish to help.

In addition we have started selling products like wrist bands to help finance the free membership which we are launching with support from local business's who have kindly donated incentives to members

The United meetings have been a great initiative and one thing is certain every supporters group/initiative are unified in terms if wanting a well run club.

Methods and ways of achieving this are different, but the commons goals are pretty much the same.

Its taken a long time for the BRST to get off the drawing board, but now it does appear that the new people involved are determined and dedicated at trying to make this work. They have my full best wishes, and as always I'm here to offer any advise or pointers should they wish to ask me.

Many thanks for a clear and open answer. Not a knock but you must have deep pockets.

Why don't the various Groups try harder to join - the common goal is only one. The future for the longterm of Rovers. All you are doing great work.

PS: just watched Episode 3: Hatfields & McCoys, I think Agnew has seen it too.

Thanks Glen for an open and honest answer. You must have deep pockets.

• 1 month later...

An agreement has been reached yes, late on Friday! Just confirming a few details and will update once this is done. We (BRST) are due to meet this Saturday again also, and will of course provide minutes once they have been done.

Ozz can we have an update on where the BRST is up to please mate, I know from the last collaboration meeting you were having further discussions again that week, just wondered where we are with this now?

• Backroom

Whilst this is raised could someone in the loop provide an update on BRSIT is that still a pipedream or has it been abandoned fully or have we moved any closer?

The last I heard there were more people keen to pledge after that open meeting but nothing since

Whilst this is raised could someone in the loop provide an update on BRSIT is that still a pipedream or has it been abandoned fully or have we moved any closer?

The last I heard there were more people keen to pledge after that open meeting but nothing since

agreed-would be good to know.My question is what is BRSIT currently trying to achieve .? Is there a glimmer of an open door somewhere?Just looking at what has been spent this summer and the size of the wage bill the stakes look to have risen dramatically so where does the fundraising amount see itself?

Ozz can we have an update on where the BRST is up to please mate, I know from the last collaboration meeting you were having further discussions again that week, just wondered where we are with this now?

Things are progressing, and a lot of work is going on even as I type. A Press Release is due in the very near future.

• 2 weeks later...

Been away from the board for a while and wondered if there had been any developments with BRST?

Also have there been any developments with BRSIT - last time I looked on their site it seemed pretty dormant. Is this http://www.brsit.co.uk/2012/07/brsit-sportsmans-dinner/still happening?

Archived