BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Derek Shaw - Appointed Managing Director

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wouldn't work this time around, the bandwagon's wheels have not only fallen off, but the driver hasn't a clue how to put them back on again.

You're assuming the driver actually cares about wheels, their purpose or their necessity. And there's the rub.

For the past 20 months we've been run into the ground with decision making that defies any sort of logic. Many people have and continue to make a lot of money from Blackburn Rovers due to this "incompetence". Gloat all you like from your lower division, we're playing with loaded dice at the moment, I think most of us just hope there's a club left to support at the end of this fiasco that is Venkys reign.

By the way, Derek who?

Quote frm Granada News.....

Mrs Anuradha Desai, of Rovers owners Venky’s, said: “We have every confidence in Derek and believe he can play a major role in bringing about a positive change for the club.

“We are keen to build up a good image for BRFC among the fans, media and general populace and we feel sure that Derek and Paul can work in close cooperation to achieve this. It is a new start, a new era and we are very excited.

What a laugh.

Has Shaw been to Pune? Has Desai ever met him? Is she making blind decisions again?

What on Shaw's CV has given her "every confidence in Derek"?

Why won't she listen to the opinion of 20,000 Rovers fans who know kean to be a useless wonker?

Has Shaw been to Pune? Has Desai ever met him? Is she making blind decisions again?

Why won't she listen to the opinion of 20,000 Rovers fans who know kean to be a useless wonker?

Maybe she does as she's told.

Maybe she doesnt own Rovers?

With Dozy Derek and Aggers in charge how about a crappy sponsor on the shirt like Baxi, or even worse potterton just to twist the knife a little bit more.

Or even Liquid Plastics, a firm started by a Pleasington boy I believe, but how apt eh?

exactly-not a chance he has been to Pune.

Agnew sells Shaw to Shebby, Shebby on happy drugs says why not and job gets done and Agnew provides Mrs desais quote.What a load of complete billox.

The whole set up is light years away from what it was 2 yrs ago and we now look every inch the small town Football League Club. Realistically, whats the difference now between the likes of us , Burnley, Preston , Blackpool etc in terms of stature?

These idiots seem to think Promotion is a given now we have made these changes-this will be a horror show with a couple of early season defeats behind us.

Friday 21st sept -home to Middlesbro on Sky. Guess the gate comp starts here cos they'll bring a car load.That will show the entire nation exactly the scale of our demise under these scumbags.

they look like they are here to stay for a while longer at least.They launch a charm offensive on W Wild and suddenly the fans public anger has been snuffed out by stealth. Ewood will become a peaceful and very quiet venue and resemble a ghost town. Mission accomplished . It makes me want to puke.

Maybe she does as she's told.

Maybe she doesnt own Rovers?

Well there's a thought. If not then who does? (Rhetorical).

You could say that Shebbys arrival has done nothing other than muddy the waters. Andy Cryer believes he's running the show, in a higher position of authority. Yet more people, presumably aligned to Kean and Agnew, i.e. Del, come on board. Kean continues to surround himself with crap it would appear (I know nothing of Shaw, other than the name rings a bell and he was involved with PNE during a typically unremarkable time in their recent history).

The more the merrier? Stength in numbers?

Who is sanctioning all this? As has been pointed out, what does Desai know about Shaw, or Agnew for that matter, to put them, in what the face of it, are positions of power? Why persist with Kean? Why?!

Still, I guess it all looks a lot better to the powers that be, Rovers now have something resembling a proper structure. Doesn't look so bad now does it? All a bit easier to explain away! It wasn't so hard was it?

The dreamteam is now complete. Full systems go 'Operation Non-League'!

Incompetent slime Kean

.Paul "Mr Kean is unwilling to answer that question" Agnew

Derek "Flashcar" Shaw

Shabby "I thought Kean should be sacked until Venkys offered me a job way above my abilities" Singh

God ******* help us

Still, I guess it all looks a lot better to the powers that be, Rovers now have something resembling a proper structure. Doesn't look so bad now does it? All a bit easier to explain away! It wasn't so hard was it?

+100

My thoughts exactly.

+100

My thoughts exactly.

'We've had all these complaints about you. The most blatently apparent one is that you've removed one of our club's infrastucture. And then there's a very bad smell surrounding lots of your other dealings..."

"Ah. We're very sorry about the infrastructure thing - fixed now. Has the smell gone away?"

"OK."

Quote frm Granada News.....

Mrs Anuradha Desai, of Rovers owners Venky’s, said: “We have every confidence in Derek and believe he can play a major role in bringing about a positive change for the club.

“We are keen to build up a good image for BRFC among the fans, media and general populace and we feel sure that Derek and Paul can work in close cooperation to achieve this. It is a new start, a new era and we are very excited.

What a laugh.

It's a new start? Who are you trying to kid, just pretending the past 20 months didn't happen? Think again. Stop treating us as idiots!

Can anyone care to explain how they 'can't afford' to sack Kean, yet have no problem hiring and firing (with bundles of notes in compensation) staff and players and seemingly have no pressing need to sell STs, corporate boxes or attract a sponsor?

Hasn't his 800k two year deal been spent and lost many times over?

The appointment of Shaw, a figure of fun among PNE fans, is a retaliatory move by Agnew who has returned from holiday ripping at the appointment/high profile of the ludicrous Singh

But fear not, with Deadly Derek's blue-chip business connections we should soon have a prestigious club sponsor like "Ribble Valley Shelving" or "newreg.com"

Would that not be better than giving the sponsorship away to the Princes Trust - then going on a cost cutting exercise? At least there will be money coming in from the sponsorships now.

I'm slightly please they have started to rebuilding a management structure - albeit with suspect personell - but a management structure non the less.

The appointment of Shaw, a figure of fun among PNE fans, is a retaliatory move by Agnew who has returned from holiday ripping at the appointment/high profile of the ludicrous Singh

But fear not, with Deadly Derek's blue-chip business connections we should soon have a prestigious club sponsor like "Ribble Valley Shelving" or "newreg.com"

We can only hope Mr PR has had his nose put out of joint by the appointment of Singh, any misery that can be heaped on him is ok by me.

With Mr PR and Mr Shaw now at the club, who next? Garry Peters? John Beck? The deepdale duck?

Isn't it likely that the owners are simply rushing to undermine the fan's case to the Football authorities?

They are aware of complaints that there was no admin structure at Ewood, just Coco running the show and reporting direct to Grandma Clampett. So they've appointed people with football admin experience in our area and appointed Shabby to liaise with the owners.

Whether it works or not is irrelevant ----like points for winning games.

Would that not be better than giving the sponsorship away to the Princes Trust - then going on a cost cutting exercise? At least there will be money coming in from the sponsorships now.

I'm slightly please they have started to rebuilding a management structure - albeit with suspect personell - but a management structure non the less.

Yes to give them some credit it looks like they've finally realised that the football club can't be run from Pune, you need people in the town running the club on a day to day basis, pity it took relegation for them to realise this. Also the calibre of people they're bringing in is simply 2nd division, probably where we’ll end up when they eventually sod off back to cleaning chicken **** up on a daily basis.

KEAN OUT

VENKYS OUT

AGNEW OUT

Archived