BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Derek Shaw - Appointed Managing Director

Wow..... just when you think things can not get worse they decide to do what the fans ask and actually put a structure into the club.. unfortunatly their ability to judge peoples abilities and personalities is so flawed that we end up with more clowns than your average circus.

Global Advisor - Serbgeth 'Shabby' Singh, the joke pundit, with no experience in the job or in the English leagues renown for his gaffs who's first port of call is to give EVERYONE a clean sheet (considering its almost only Kean guys left that says it all)

GM - Agnew, Complete twit, Kean fan and even the media are quoted as saying he is widely recognised as one of the worst PR guys in the leagues, totally inexperienced in the role and was not deemed good enough by the former administrators to be worth a full time role in PR

MD - Shaw, Made a hash of things with PNE, not exactly liked there never mind at Rovers. Possibly connections with Agnew.. and apparently not the smartest chap going so will tow the line

Club Sec - Silverster, Good choice but nasty way of doing it, sacking the young lad before his year is up

Stadium Manager - Ninja Dan the bodyguard man - No stadium management experience in a field wrought with rules and regulations

Manager - Kean, Given a clean sheet and instead of being punished for failure he apparently now has control over transfers as well

Contracts should be up tomorrow for certain players.. and pre-season soon lets see what further hell they can inflict on us

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These two extracts from the LT pretty much sum this appointment up for me:

He was recommended to Venky’s by Agnew, who spent a period as chief executive of Preston in the early 1990s at a time when Shaw first became involved at Deepdale as the club’s shirt sponsor.

Shaw:

“I’ve been very impressed with the hours Steve Kean is putting in to put the squad together.

“I know how much time he put into the Danny Murphy deal. Danny had other offers but Steve just wouldn’t say no.”

More farce.

Say what you like Veevs but Venky's have clearly put together a fantastic team of experts here who will be revered and respected throughout all of football. One can only stand back and applaud.

Global Advisor - Serbgeth 'Shabby' Singh,

11250-8806.gif

GM - Agnew

alan-partridge.jpeg

MD - Shaw

chubby.jpg

Stadium Manager - Ninja Dan the bodyguard man

ninjablack-lge.jpg

Manager - Kean

David-Brent.jpg

These two extracts from the LT pretty much sum this appointment up for me:

Shaw:

“I’ve been very impressed with the hours Steve Kean is putting in to put the squad together.

“I know how much time he put into the Danny Murphy deal. Danny had other offers but Steve just wouldn’t say no.”

More farce.

Danny: On top of 50K basic I want an appearance bonus

Steve: YES

Danny: and a win bonus

Danny: and a Draw bonus

Danny: and a brown envelope if we lose

Danny: and £X mil if we get promoted, plus a Porsche, new house.....

Danny: and I want a driver and bodyguard

Danny: the wife wants a new Porsche, personal hairdresser and an open account at London's best shops

Danny: my Kids want your Dog

Steve: Feck off he's mine

ad infinitum

Say what you like Veevs but Venky's have clearly put together a fantastic team of experts here who will be revered and respected throughout all of football. One can only stand back and applaud.

Global Advisor - Serbgeth 'Shabby' Singh,

11250-8806.gif

GM - Agnew

alan-partridge.jpeg

MD - Shaw

chubby.jpg

Stadium Manager - Ninja Dan the bodyguard man

ninjablack-lge.jpg

Manager - Kean

David-Brent.jpg

Brilliant.

The seeming haste of these appointments and the caliber of the persons involved does lend me to believe that this is Venkys reaction to Glen et al’s meetings with the various authorities. Trying to establish a façade that the club is now being run properly whilst the asset stripping continues unabated.

Let’s hope the Football League etc are not fooled…….

http://www.lancashir...ackburn_Rovers/

PNE Paul - "“It’s about having that stability. There has been a lot of upheaval in a short space of time. It’s about fighting back now, although there’s no magic wand"

Erm.......FIRE STEVE KEAN???????

And he based his recommendation for Shaw on him once sponsoring PNE's shirts. AND THATS IT!!

Give me strength

I was told today one of the absolutely essential qualifications Derek has is reasonably up-to-date, valid H& S/ Stadium Management certification

The tale is it dawned on someone at Rovers this week that after potting Newsham & one or two more they have no-one with the necessary certification for the stadium to actually be permitted to stage a match!

I am a little puzzled, does he HAVE the qualifications or does he still need to aquire them?

It appears the culture in Venkys is to appoint one person to run a business. You don't change culture overnight and you don't change the way you have always operated your business for one small part of that business. (Particularly one you do not appear interested in)

It now seems that Singh is the front man and contact for the Venkys (what has happened to Vineath Rao). They have obviously been advised to start a charm offensive to try to deflect the good work done by BRFC Action Group and BRSIT and Singh has gone into it with all guns blazing. Time will tell what the promises turn into but if past performance is anything to go by nothing will happen. (Bear in mind as a pundit he is used to giving opinions but not actually doing anything). I wonder who is advising Singh on PR?

It doesn't really matter who they appoint in the administration roles because they will not do anything or have any influence. I would like to know who has written the job descriptions for Global Advisor, Managing Director and Operations Director and what they say and why the General Manager post is now deemed redundant after one month. This new structure is just a sham to appease the football authorities. (It is strange that following fans meetings with the FA, Premier League and an upcomimg meeting with the Football League this new structure suddenly appears). As Bob said above they can now admit to being naive but then say look we have taken steps to improve things so we are good boys now you can leave us alone.

Shaw's rapid appointment (without any apparent attempt to test the job market, just like when appointing Agnew) looks like a move by Agnew/Kean to cement their power base at Ewood and we are probably moving towards a power struggle between them and Singh. All this will be detrimental to a club that is already suffering from incompetence, ignorance, inexperience, infighting et al.

Singh will want to do one thing and Kean will go running to his mummy to complain etc. etc. (Just like the Christmas spat between Hunt and Kean) we all know which side she will take.

Against this background players return next week with no doubt a significant number of our better players wanting to leave. The scene is set for fireworks. No doubt the player's agents will have spent the last few weeks lining up deals for their players (Yaks disappearance went almost unnoticed) so they are not going to come back and change their minds, especialy as they know all about Kean. The only players we will be left with are the ones nobody else wants (Goodwillie, Anderson, Petrovic etc.) and a bunch on youngsters. Add to this mix a group of ageing players who will see Rovers as their last big payday.

So we wil have a mixed bag of a squad 'managed' by an incompetent no-hoper and an administration function concentrating on in-fighting and points scoring.

What does all this mean. Time will tell but I think most fans already know which way this club will be going in the coming season

My thought too.

Shabby appointed by Venkys to try and get some influence in the club they "own".

Kean had his nose put out - best mate Agnew also, so to strengthen their arm Shaw gets a job. I think Venkys are in for abit of a power struggle.

Let's see how it all unravells

I was told today one of the absolutely essential qualifications Derek has is reasonably up-to-date, valid H& S/ Stadium Management certification

The tale is it dawned on someone at Rovers this week that after potting Newsham & one or two more they have no-one with the necessary certification for the stadium to actually be permitted to stage a match!

Maybe that's cleared up the reason for the Shaw appointment.

Put Shaw down as MD (as on the Clubs website) and use his H&S/ Stadium Management certification to cover Kean's driver whilst he gets qualified. Meanwhile he can crack on with his kung-fu kicks and karate chops on the 1%.

If ever there was proof that Venkys are clueless, notwithstanding the daily continuation of Kean on the payroll, the recent appointments prove they just don't have scooby.

So Kean has 'his boys upstairs'.

I remember hearing Dalglish talking to Robert Coar at Blackpool airport and addressing him as 'Mr Chairman', thats the way it should be.

Atleast we know for sure now who the real owners are.

Everytime i see Shawshank Redemption on TV i cant stop thing of Rovers.

Atleast we know for sure now who the real owners are.

Well said Jock.

So, why? You could argue there's more turnover of money by changing the squad. Why let all the experienced players leave? Then go out on a limb and pay Murphy an unbelievable wage? You could also argue that there was more money to be had by stopping in the PL. What is blindingly obvious even to the most weak FA official is that there is now a massive need to pay agents fees.

Oh and how we've taken to it! The redistribution of wealth / debt is something to behold it would appear.

But let's just pretend for a moment, as ludicrous as it may sound, and please bear it in mind I've nigh on had two bottles of wine (or is that whine) this evening, that it's not quite right. Anyone who saw the Bryan Robson documentary should forget that immediately. Anyone who thinks that there might be a three way split on agents fees is barking up the wrong tree as well. And anyone who ever thought that after those two wins before we capitulated would sway the bookies is absolutely off their tits.

And anyone, like the Bryan Robson documentary really, who talks about these things, as crazy and unbelievable as they sound, even though there really is nowhere else to turn in terms of a feasible explanation, really should get a grip on reality as far as I'm concerned.

Fact of the matter is this, we are owned and run by Venkys of India, who made their name by selling chickens. They admitted to knowing nothing whatsoever about football and then oversaw the removal of anyone who was competent and had experience of either playing in the PL or Bloody Good Adimistration in the PL. They saw fit to give Kean a 2.5 year contract based on God knows what, and then see fit not only not to remove him but to give him a pay rise and then 6 months later allow him to appoint a totally inadequate "Board". There are people employed at OUR football club now who don't give two hoots about where we'll end up.

Clearly no one gives a flying chicken about what you and I think anyway. Me and you know what's right. It's blindingly obvious what needs to happen, and, indeed, what is happening.

And yet.... BRFC - Worse than heroin? I doubt it. I've read you get a high out of that crap.

Anyway, welcome Derek, I'm confident you've already concluded that you've as much chance of making any significant difference at BRFC as a character with a cough off the Fast Show. Only difference is, I put money in. Go on, surprise me, do something remarkable Derek, make a difference, do something good.

http://www.lancashir...ackburn_Rovers/

PNE Paul - "“It’s about having that stability. There has been a lot of upheaval in a short space of time. It’s about fighting back now, although there’s no magic wand"

Erm.......FIRE STEVE KEAN???????

And he based his recommendation for Shaw on him once sponsoring PNE's shirts. AND THATS IT!!

Give me strength

And what happened to our shirts last season.. oh yeah we FAILED to find sponsors and ended up giving it away lol..

Interesting that Mick rathbone who has worked for him thinks its a good appointment

You need to take that with the proverbial pinch of salt Ste.

We know from experience that nobody in football criticises anybody else. It's an unwritten rule. Check the furore and comments over Sams sacking with the sympathy and support from the same people (RFW/Moyes etc) for terminal loser Kean. One never knows where one may be working next does one?

Rathbone can't be making much money at present so I shouldn't be at all suprised to see Rathbone running onto the pitch soon to tend injuries if he'll take a bit less bunce than than one (or more like all of these BAR ONE) ... http://www.rovers.co...e/BackroomStaff

Very conspiraloon like Gordy, but I think you make an excellent point.

Back to the binary outcome of whether Degsy will be good or bad, only time will tell, but if you go through the thread on the PNE forum about this very subject, you'll see there's roughly an equal split of opinion on whether Degsy was good or bad. I thought he was good, sincerely.

And just to add, so you have been warned. Degsy did keep tabs on what was being said on fans forums; there's many of instances he ringing fans up challenging them on what they had written on the forum. Like I said, I thought he was good.

Very conspiraloon like Gordy, but I think you make an excellent point.

Back to the binary outcome of whether Degsy will be good or bad, only time will tell, but if you go through the thread on the PNE forum about this very subject, you'll see there's roughly an equal split of opinion on whether Degsy was good or bad. I thought he was good, sincerely.

And just to add, so you have been warned. Degsy did keep tabs on what was being said on fans forums; there's many of instances he ringing fans up challenging them on what they had written on the forum. Like I said, I thought he was good.

PNE and Blackburn Rovers is like comparing chalk and cheese, and lets face it he ruined Preston, knocked you back 10yrs, he'll fit in well with venkys and kean

Archived