BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Derek Shaw - Appointed Managing Director

Reads the forums, does he?

Shaw: sack Kean, be an instant hero and start taking the club in the right direction.

Keep the eternal loser and there's only one direction our club is heading. And it's not upwards.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fact he is pally with Agnew suggests he is a complete prick - feedback from PNE fans is average at best and his comments on Kean were not appropriate in one of his first interviews.

It's gone, never to be recovered - all inside 20 months. Last time we were relegated, thanks to Jack we kept the squad and the club structure intact. I'm afraid that this time we've lost everything. We're back to where we were in the old second/third division days. The chances of us making it back into the PL are minimal - and if we ever do get back we'll be absolute favourites to come straight back down again.

20 months ago we were very well run and had all the experience at the club to maintain that for some time yet, we were stable. The Raos had the wherewithall to extend that Premier League stay even longer than we could have hoped for. Unfortunately their arrogance, coupled with their refusal to listen to anyone who wanted to help them has absolutely destroyed what Jack had built.

I will never forget what Venky's, Anderson and Kean have done to this club. Never.

Excellent post Den,what this lot have done is unforgivable.To see what we all had fought so hard to achieve and the pride of the town just thrown away by utter ignorance is infuriating.

We are now faced with the horrible prospect of Teflon and his buddies in high places,Singh,Agnew and now Shaw layering on the bull like never before!!!!

I spoke to a former club secretary of a local team yesterday who knows Shaw well... he described him as a dithering idiot unable to make a decision... should fit in perfectly with the current management

Degsy did keep tabs on what was being said on fans forums; there's many of instances he ringing fans up challenging them on what they had written on the forum.

To judge from the comments on here, looks like he will be spending most of his time at Rovers ringing supporters.

An "executive" shouldn't get involved with fans on messageboards and to be honest , if he's that thin-skinned he shouldn't be in the job.

I spoke to a former club secretary of a local team yesterday who knows Shaw well... he described him as a dithering idiot unable to make a decision... should fit in perfectly with the current management

I've a feeling that Derek will soon be repeating the immortalised words of Lee Harvey Oswald just before Jack Ruby put a bullet into his gut..."I'm just a patsy".

Derek Shaw imo has just been put there by Agnew/Kean to be a low cost fall guy for some not too distant future blame and provide a shield for their failure. It fits their blueprint which we have seen in action many times in the past 12 months perfectly.

The Slumdogs are being led up the garden path by the regime over here imo.

And just to add, so you have been warned. Degsy did keep tabs on what was being said on fans forums; there's many of instances he ringing fans up challenging them on what they had written on the forum. Like I said, I thought he was good.

Degsy Degsy phone me up.....please, I want to share my concerns with you.

PS. I need a shelf for my garage.

why don't we give a job to george bush as well, he could be our new press officer, he would fit in well here

'i the presid..i mean press officer, would like to put out a contra...i mean offer a new contract to steve cun.. i mean kean.

I've a feeling that Derek will soon be repeating the immortalised words of Lee Harvey Oswald just before Jack Ruby put a bullet into his gut..."I'm just a patsy".

Derek Shaw imo has just been put there by Agnew/Kean to be a low cost fall guy for some not too distant future blame and provide a shield for their failure. It fits their blueprint which we have seen in action many times in the past 12 months perfectly.

Spot on

why don't we give a job to george bush as well, he could be our new press officer, he would fit in well here

'i the presid..i mean press officer, would like to put out a contra...i mean offer a new contract to steve cun.. i mean kean.

I would go for Donald Rumsfeld, you know there are known unknows

:wacko:

Well said, Gordon!

Rovers have gone from being blessed by and run by inspirational people, with fine ideas and a moral compass to people (from PNE's level) over promoted far beyond their status!

I was heartbroken. But now.. I'm just angry!

Very conspiraloon like Gordy, but I think you make an excellent point.

Back to the binary outcome of whether Degsy will be good or bad, only time will tell, but if you go through the thread on the PNE forum about this very subject, you'll see there's roughly an equal split of opinion on whether Degsy was good or bad. I thought he was good, sincerely.

And just to add, so you have been warned. Degsy did keep tabs on what was being said on fans forums; there's many of instances he ringing fans up challenging them on what they had written on the forum. Like I said, I thought he was good.

>>>>>>>>>You keep saying you thought he was good. Fair enough, outside looking in and all that. For those in the know he was anything but. He piggy backed at PNE on the back of quality management who put very good structures in place, but still managed to take the club backwards.

About 18 months ago at work, a local chancer came in to see me to try to sell me second hand racking for my stores area.

His name, Derek Shaw.

WTF has happened to this club??

I have a very similar story. Took 5 days for his company to return my calls and then he showed up on site, fancy BMW, alligator shoes, talking the talk about his racking and shelving. I bought from him (whilst Chairman of PNE) and have a depressing ending to this story which would tell you all you need to know about the guy, but best not to reveal it on here. Chancer indeed.

Again this will be 100% accurate. A former local club secretary I know (she) says very similar things, not that I need the confirmation or updates as I already know all this anyway.

What really irks me is that Rovers are such a well known, valued and respected institution, that a million and one world-wide suitable candidates would have loved the chance to apply at the Rovers for this position. We are still shopping at Aldi however for some strange reason I cannot truly fathom. Shaw's array of fancy cars, number plates and houses may well have counted for something in a world were bullshit baffles brains.

Agnew made me laugh, 'Derek is a professional football watcher'

oh and the far more disturbing: 'Me and Derek think the same thoughts, we agree 90% of the time'.

Another balls up by Agnew. He's just stated that Del-Boy gets paid to watch football while we watch it for the love of the game.

Parasites the lot of them.

Archived