BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Robbo To Turkey

Baz

Sad to see him go because he's a top bloke. Keepers are replaceable though. So Yak's gone, Hoillet's gone and Robinson's gone. Disappointing but completely expected and always likely to happen.

The real test is keeping Olsson, N'Zonzi, Dann and Givet. I have a feeling Dann and N'Zonzi will got but Olsson and Givet will stay,

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not too sad to see him go, but then again not too confident that we will have someone I trust between the sticks next season. Perhaps we could bring in Craig Gordon who has been released by Sunderland? Would add some competition for young Jake Kean and Mark Bunn.

• Backroom

I wouldn't even say Hart is world class yet but the facts say we would have been better off with any of the other 19 keepers in the prem last year

In a league that contained paddy kenny that says a lot!

I know Venkys and Kean are awful and put us in this situation but I get the feeling some people are using every thing that happens as another stick to beat them with even if they don't even believe in what they are saying.

He's just too slow to move his feet and get down to shots low down

Was a good keeper. However his insistance of just hoofing the ball up field every time back to opponents was so frustrating.

He would only do that under instructions, if the game plan was to play from the back, it would be different!

Robbo was poor last season and I'd say a lot of that was down to his weight.

He appeared to pile on the pounds last term and that hindered his performances.

If you can't be arsed to get yourself in tip-top shape as a premier league goalkeeper, there's something not quite right.

I won't be disappointed if we lose him. Bunn and Kean can do a good job in the championship.

Quite harsh.

Players diets are monitored and created by the club, so if he's being fed the wrong foods at training and given the wrong diet to follow, how is it that 'he can't be bothered'?

He had a poor season but ultimately he's still one of the few who looked like they gave a sh*t last season.

I like Robbo, but this is £30-40k (Before any relegation wage decreases admittedly) off the wage bill, And judging from how Bunn played last season, not much of a change in quality.

I wish him all the best at his new club!

He didn't have a great season last year but I can think of numerous games when he kept the scoreline pretty respectable. I think pretty much any keeper would have also struggled with the utterly pathetic midfield we have which puts continuous pressure on the back four and goalkeeper. Sad to see Robbo go and will wish him all the best.

On Bunn the jury is still out for me, he only had a handful of appearances which is different than playing week in week out.

I wish I had your contacts so I knew what all the players were earning.

He has contacts all over remember his newcastle contact who said Samba was going there contacts who have seen the wage murphy's getting. And one's who sit in meetings with agents and hear exactly whats being offered to possible signings oh how i want contacts.

Shame he's going, he's a much better keeper than Bunn.

He's going because he's fallen out with Kean. This was pretty obvious from the applauding of those in black n yellow in the Darwen End and also the fact he had David Gest in his box wearing one of the same t-shirts.

I also heard rumours of family problems, so a move abroad may help him too.

• Backroom

Shame he's going, he's a much better keeper than Bunn.

He's going because he's fallen out with Kean. This was pretty obvious from the applauding of those in black n yellow in the Darwen End and also the fact he had David Gest in his box wearing one of the same t-shirts.

I also heard rumours of family problems, so a move abroad may help him too.

I'd say it's pretty obvious he's going because we got relegated myself

No problem here. A big earner will big gone and replacer is ready. Where was Bunn in last rounds last season. It wasn´t mentioned he was injured and yet he wasn´t on bench and J.Kean played at Chelsea. Did he got Nzonzi and Givet treatment?

I think I heard/read something about a hip injury. And people confirmed that they saw him on crutches.

He was never goin to become as good as friedel, the season when he rejected unIted he was the best in the Prem

Whoa whoa whoa, must have missed that. What exactly happened?

I wouldn't even say Hart is world class yet but the facts say we would have been better off with any of the other 19 keepers in the prem last year

In a league that contained paddy kenny that says a lot!

I know Venkys and Kean are awful and put us in this situation but I get the feeling some people are using every thing that happens as another stick to beat them with even if they don't even believe in what they are saying.

He's just too slow to move his feet and get down to shots low down

Indeed Joe Hart is potentially world-class. Although I am very confident that he will be one day. Hardly any keepers are world-class at his age, experience is especially vital for a goalkeeper. Eg knowing when to come out and claim the ball from the keeper......I can't remember Friedel coming for the ball and then not getting there.

Was a good keeper. However his insistance of just hoofing the ball up field every time back to opponents was so frustrating.

Like someone else just pointed out that was his instructions. However he would just kick it too long so the Yak would have to back-pedal but still not get there. I believe he had a pass completion ratio of 25%......the next lowest goalkeeper was 39%. It was also the lowest ratio in the top divisions of England, France, Spain, Italy and Germany. Also it is important to bear in mind that was just the first pass and we would still have to win the second ball.

Archived