BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Cork City - 12Th August 2012

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are overlooking the fact that they, unlike certain clubs ;-), are not run like a pub team

Then why care about our team sheet at all? All teams that take us on should just not prepare at all and assume they will win because we are run like a pub team.

Cryer - Great goal. Back heel from Mauro to Orr, his cross volleyed home by Kazim-Richards.

Rovers.co.uk - 17 MINS: GOAL! Great goal, great move, ball into Kazim-Richards from Scott Dann, he plays it to Formica who back heels it wide to Orr, his centre is met acrobatically by Kazim who volleys into the net. Cork City 1 Rovers 1

I actually think that starting line up looked strong, even with Rochina, Vukcevic and Petrovic to come back.

I thought it looked fairly ordinary even for a championship side TBH. I imagine the centre half pairing could be strong at this level and Etuhu should shine but the rest don't strike me as a side that would finish top 2 even taking Coco out of the equation.

Murphy and Vukcevic I accept will improve the side and if it had Best & Rhodes up front then it would start looking very strong.

The problem is if I look at the side that got us promoted last time from the Championship I would say it was better than this and that side only did it by finishing second with 1 game to spare. The 2001 side had players on an upward curve whose careers looked like they would go on to greater things. I'd say that doesn't apply to any of the side that started today.

Archived