BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Anthony Gerrard

AJW

SSN linking us with Cardfff defender Anthony Gerrard as Danns Replacement

http://www1.skysport...ye-Gerrard-raid

Hard to see Dann leaving early unless Rovers are selling him on a cut price. No sensible club will pay more than £3M of premierleagues worst defender of the last season. On last hours of the window there might found a club idiot enough, like Rovers a year ago. And would Rovers bring in a replacement this early? Surely he can´t be worse than Dann?

Id be well pleased to see the back of Dann. Awful player on massive wages I suspect. However, it wasnt his lack of ability that winds me up about him, its his complete lack of heart and passion for the club. Couldnt care less aslong as he gets paid I suspect.

Hard to see Dann leaving early unless Rovers are selling him on a cut price. No sensible club will pay more than £3M of premierleagues worst defender of the last season. On last hours of the window there might found a club idiot enough, like Rovers a year ago. And would Rovers bring in a replacement this early? Surely he can´t be worse than Dann?

The thing is his reputation will still be fairly intact from his Birmingham days. I can't see us getting much but we should be holding out imo for at least 4 million. And I would happily take 3 million for him anyway. Or 1 million.

Id be well pleased to see the back of Dann. Awful player on massive wages I suspect. However, it wasnt his lack of ability that winds me up about him, its his complete lack of heart and passion for the club. Couldnt care less aslong as he gets paid I suspect.

Agree with this although I also get wound up by his lack of ability....namely his inability to win headers that he would look like the clear favourite for.

I'd snap their hands off for £3m.

i think some of the coments of him are a bit unfair i've seen an awful lot worse than Scott Dann in Rovers shirt i think we probably thought he was better than he actually was so when he played bad we were doubly frustrated , dont forget he's still what ?? 24-25 years old thats still young for a c/b they dont peak tilmid to late 20's and i think a season in the championship with Grant Hanley could get his mojo back ........ after sayin that .... yeh i'd take the £3m like a shot too

i think some of the coments of him are a bit unfair i've seen an awful lot worse than Scott Dann in Rovers shirt i think we probably thought he was better than he actually was so when he played bad we were doubly frustrated , dont forget he's still what ?? 24-25 years old thats still young for a c/b they dont peak tilmid to late 20's and i think a season in the championship with Grant Hanley could get his mojo back ........ after sayin that .... yeh i'd take the £3m like a shot too

Same I have also seen worse. Well yea most of us thought he was better than he was because at the time it said we had paid a lot of money for him. Personally I was very frustrated with him as he seemed to have no redeeming qualities. Others have pointed out in the like, 2 games when he played well (next to Givet - Everton away and Norwich at home) he looked like a complete defender. But in all the other games this meant he was bad at heading, tackling, positioning, marking, defending set pieces etc and looked like he could barely do the basics. I would be watching him closely in games where we were miraculously still in contention and how little the movement it would take an opposition striker to lose him was embarrassing. His inability to win headers against even small strikers was also embarrassing and his attitude was a joke as well.

Good riddance I say.

I don't think we should be so harsh on dann, I know he made mistakes but all our defence was shoddy last year and if he stays I'd like to give him one more chance to Prove the doubters wrong! I always want rovers players to succeed and we all should hope he comes good! If not... Then sell!

Oh come on folks, he is not THAT bad. He had a very poor season, but he's not the worst defender that has ever played for us.

He's that bad. He is probably the worst defender that has ever played for us (Premier League era). I can't remember anybody costing us so many points single handedly (Alan Fettis would have done more if he had been our regular number one though).

Oh come on folks, he is not THAT bad. He had a very poor season, but he's not the worst defender that has ever played for us.

you keep praising our biggest underachievers i cant imagine you go to many games, What must you think of our few players that are Genuinely doing well(you must think their world class!).

Sorry he is THAT bad and is definatly up there with the WORST players we have ever had at least where the season gone is concerned, couldnt read the game and position himself properly, couldnt trap a ball couldnt pass the ball, couldnt jump took about 20 min to turn around and thinks he is too good to have a propper second name but good enough for Kean.

I wouldnt mind if it was just that he wasnt on the same level as samba and nelson but Grant Hanley was a lot better and more commanding when Dann is supposed ti be the experienced one.

If Dann had a decent season he would be off. He hasn't which means he'll stay.

Long term this will work out. You don't become a bad player overnight.

A good age and highly rated.

Maldini and Baresi would have had their work cut-out playing with our lot last year.

He has in the main been terrible. No escaping that. Started poorly, had an okay run of games over Christmas and Jan, but towards the end of the season he was an absolute liability.

To be fair to him he had no coverage at all from midfield, but then Givet and Hanley did a much better job in he same situation.

• 1 month later...

Archived