BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ovivo £0 Per Month Mobile Plan - Anyone Heard Of It?

Anyone seen this?

http://ovivomobile.com/

200 mins to any network

200 sms to any network

512Mb

or

1GB for Tablet use

Basically you pay £5 for a sim. The sim comes with £5 loaded to it. You pop it in your smartphone, set up the settings as per the website and you get the above allowance every month for £0 a month (they use vodafone). If you go over the allowance you pay 6p a min/per text/per MB

It is paid for using adverts which are currently "

The advert we show you are featured adverts either every 15 Minutes or when your total data transfer exceeds 2MB, whichever happens first. That means, if you start up a browsing session for the first time on a particular day, you will likely see an advert page. If you actively browse the Internet and transfer 2MB of data, you would see another page of adverts. Similarly, if you were not browse for 15 Minutes and then start to browse again, our advertising page would be shown.

Too good to be true?

http://www.hotukdeal...-1225914?page=1

https://www.facebook.com/ovivorewards

The evil of ads.

There's been another provider anounced today offering a similar deal on three's network.http://www.sambamobile.com/Home/IndexIpad

Samba mobile are however focusing on tablets, tethering and high data users by selling the advertising. they are capitalising on the fact that recent analysis shows that the amount of mobile calls are dropping fairly rapidly as most people with smartphones are using them for data primarily.

Don't think I could be arsed sitting through continuous adverts when all I want to do is check my email or update twitter.

There must be a niche of people who will find this appealing though.

Saw both of these yesterday but overlooked them.

Lots of people on HUKD seem convinced that it's feasible, and the Samba (why Samba? WHY!?) mobile data one apparently gives you 500Mb for 2 minutes and 30 seconds of video watching per day.

I read that as 500mb in the month for watching 2.5 mins of adverts a day. so 75 minutes (ish) of adverts a month for 500mb.

• 3 weeks later...

Three weeks later and still going strong. Very very infrequent ads

Why pay for a contract??? :blink:

1) You still have to buy a phone, a contract is a nice way of getting a top phone without paying a big lump sum

2) 200 mins/texts isn't enough for a lot of people, certainly not for me

These sound great for light users on lower end phones though.

1) You still have to buy a phone, a contract is a nice way of getting a top phone without paying a big lump sum

talkmobile are doing decent phones on very cheap contracts, I got a Sony Xperia U a couple of weeks ago, £30 for the handset on a £7.50 a month deal (250 mins, 500mb data, 5000 texts). I've that they aren't meant to be the best customer service but who cares when you're getting something that cheap. The phone is cracking as well, runs all the top games as smooth as butter.

talkmobile are doing decent phones on very cheap contracts, I got a Sony Xperia U a couple of weeks ago, £30 for the handset on a £7.50 a month deal (250 mins, 500mb data, 5000 texts). I've that they aren't meant to be the best customer service but who cares when you're getting something that cheap. The phone is cracking as well, runs all the top games as smooth as butter.

Yeah I saw that deal....I think e2save did exactly the same one but without the £30 charge. Amazing value. Talkmobile seem to have a lot of great deals (owned by Carphone Warehouse running on Vodafone network).

Again, 250 mins possibly a bit on the low side (I have 300 at the moment but struggle to stay under). I have an Xperia Arc S at the moment but it's gone really buggy since the ICS update. Going to get a HTC One S next I think.

I have an Xperia Arc S at the moment but it's gone really buggy since the ICS update. Going to get a HTC One S next I think.

Would you advise not updating to ICS?, I know that there is an update coming soon for my Xperia U soon.

Also, my butter is rock hard, not smooth at all.

Depends if you've just stuck it in the microwave for 10-15 seconds. Anchor spreadable is also smooth. ^_^

Would you advise not updating to ICS?, I know that there is an update coming soon for my Xperia U soon.

Xperia U is newer and dual core, so ICS might run more smoothly on that phone.

Might just be worth holding off for a few days then having a look round some forums though, see what the general consensus is. Had I done so I probably wouldn't have updated because most people seem to having the same experience with the Arc S as I am.

Might just be worth holding off for a few days then having a look round some forums though, see what the general consensus is. Had I done so I probably wouldn't have updated because most people seem to having the same experience with the Arc S as I am.

Cheers, I'll keep an eye on the Android forums, it's usually the sort of thing where I'd update without hesitation as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I'm coming to the end of my 2nd month and depite Vodafone coverage being crap in places like the peaks and lakes Ovivo have been excellent. Especially considering the internet useage isn't trackable by their system at the moment thus making it unlimited.

Also customer service is excellent. No mumbling moron in Mumbai as with Orange. I had no signal and contacted them via email. Since had 6 emails detailing the problem and keeping me updated on the fix. The nearby mast is toast but the landlord won't allow vodafone access to fix it....bloody plonker.

200 mins and 200 texts may be low for some but 10/10 for me so far. Long may it last. No contract. No payment. Just FREEEEEEE

Archived