BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fabio Nunes

Welcome to the club, I thought I would start a thread for him alone. He sounds like he has good potential, will look forward to see him play soon. Sudden influx of Portuguese players is interesting, why not look in Iceland? We have some great young players.

Was signed by Parma's academy last summer, then appears to have been released.

One for the future?

He wasn't released, he was on loan to Parma. We have signed him from his Portuguese club for a fee.

Nunes was on loan at Parma and is highly rated. I think he can be an exciting player to watch this term. And today all the new signings and the rest of the squad meets up with Kean and co for Pre season. Colin Hendry is expected to join up today as defensive coach at the club. Also a new special fitness expert is expected to turn up.

Nunes was on loan at Parma and is highly rated. I think he can be an exciting player to watch this term. And today all the new signings and the rest of the squad meets up with Kean and co for Pre season. Colin Hendry is expected to join up today as defensive coach at the club. Also a new special fitness expert is expected to turn up.

Colin Hendry to join as defensive coach? Where have you got that from? :o

The only downside to all of this is, we have a manager who has a track record of making promising youngsters into poor players, welcome to the club Fabio ;)

The only downside to all of this is, we have a manager who has a track record of making promising youngsters into poor players, welcome to the club Fabio ;)

Now I hate Kean as much as anyone but I believe in giving credit when it's due and he did alright with Hoilett at first.....exception to the rule perhaps. Not completely, obviously as he gave him a free role when he was on the wing and he should have had defensive duties but he did seem to get the best out of him at first. Although I've seen someone say on here that Hoilett had at least one really good game under Allardyce (against Newcastle I think), he just reminded me of Walcott......really fast but without a football brain who would just run in a straight line down the wing not knowing when to pass, cross or shoot.

But Kean allowed him to play with flair and take players on more readily so you never know with this guy.....in fact on the whole Martin Olsson looked a little better on the wing than he did under Sam although for both players it might have just been natural progression and our tactics in that half season under Kean where just counter attacking or having Olsson and Hoilett run at defenders so they obviously given a better platform to play well in.

I wouldn't write any player off without ever watching them though as isn't that a bit stupid?.....not that you were Gav.

Now I hate Kean as much as anyone but I believe in giving credit when it's due and he did alright with Hoilett at first.....exception to the rule perhaps. Not completely, obviously as he gave him a free role when he was on the wing and he should have had defensive duties but he did seem to get the best out of him at first. Although I've seen someone say on here that Hoilett had at least one really good game under Allardyce (against Newcastle I think), he just reminded me of Walcott......really fast but without a football brain who would just run in a straight line down the wing not knowing when to pass, cross or shoot.

But Kean allowed him to play with flair and take players on more readily so you never know with this guy.....in fact on the whole Martin Olsson looked a little better on the wing than he did under Sam although for both players it might have just been natural progression and our tactics in that half season under Kean where just counter attacking or having Olsson and Hoilett run at defenders so they obviously given a better platform to play well in.

I wouldn't write any player off without ever watching them though as isn't that a bit stupid?.....not that you were Gav.

One good game under Allardyce? All the Sam haters on here reckoned that he was excellent and Sam should have played him more. BTW - have you seen him play?

Kean did indeed give him the freedom to do what he liked. In fact he had so much freedom that the full back never got any cover whatsoever. That cost us plenty of points and contributed to our relegation. Hoilett would have done much better being nurtured by Sam. Who knows - he signed one contract extension under Sam, and seeing that we would still have been in the Prem, he might have signed another one.

But hey, Kean did well for Junior and for us.

One good game under Allardyce? All the Sam haters on here reckoned that he was excellent and Sam should have played him more. BTW - have you seen him play?

Kean did indeed give him the freedom to do what he liked. In fact he had so much freedom that the full back never got any cover whatsoever. That cost us plenty of points and contributed to our relegation. Hoilett would have done much better being nurtured by Sam. Who knows - he signed one contract extension under Sam, and seeing that we would still have been in the Prem, he might have signed another one.

But hey, Kean did well for Junior and for us.

I said one really good game under Allardyce.....he was good sure and I too wanted him to start more but I don't think anyone can argue that Hoilett didn't look much better in that half season under Kean than he had done previously.

Alright yea but I pointed out that he was given a free role and had no defensive duties. Therefore, I wasn't stating at all that it was ok and Kean did that good of a job because your right that did cost us points. But rather he looked better going forward. I also agree that he would have been better eventually under Sam as he would be told to help out defensively and Sam got the best out of Okocha who was also a flair player.

I dunno your just doing the age-old tactic of going to extremities to discredit my argument with the last statement. All I said was give credit where's it due. Now there is no sane Blackburn fan who doesn't see Kean as the main, or only, reason that we were almost relegated 2 seasons ago, but I've seen plenty of comments stating that Hoilett kept us up that year, so although admittedly Kean himself dragged us into that mess, but if it was Hoilett that is perceived as a major factor in us getting enough points in the 2nd half of the season, then surely you can see my view that Kean has the capacity for making at least one player play a little better, even if all most of the others play worse and we become a much poorer team as a whole which obviously happened.

I'm not properly sticking up for Kean, just imo, ignoring his defensive duties, Hoilett looked better under him than he had previously so if he can work on that.....and our wingers did help out their full backs a bit more towards the end of last season (not enough obviously) then he might not make this promising youngster into a poor player.

But this will just be seen by many as me defending Kean.....I have practically no confidence in Kean at all, but if Hendry can sort out our defence, and hopefully he is being put in charge of defending set pieces etc....and I think I just read on here that we are hiring someone to help out our fitness......then maybe, just maybe, there is the slightest, minuscule chance that Kean can learn from his many mistakes and become not the worst manager ever......we've lost Yakubu and Hoilett, our 2 main attacking threats but hopefully, and we are now in the division below, their replacements can score goals and players this time are actually given a run in the team. So with a bit more added bite to a previously toothless midfield and no disrespect to Robinson but a keeper comfortable with crosses and shots outside the box then we can hopefully finish anywhere between 16th and 20th next season, rather than be relegated again as I think then we will have the best chance of our owners agreeing to sell.

Archived