BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] About The On-Going Documentary

He's the programme maker - it's up to him to get to the bottom of the story and unearth something new. A decent journalist would be able to get the right people to talk

A "documentary" rehashing known events like many others on TV would be a waste of time.

But is it not worthwhile to demonstrate to a wider audience Blackburns plight ? The protestors got largely unsympathetic media coverage - this will hopefully redress the balance. Surely it will also place a little more pressure on the FA to look into the dossier passed to them recently ?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rubbish.

The amount of people I talk to about Rovers who have no clue what's going on at the club is staggering. I've lost count of the amount of times I've had to defend myself and other fans who have protested against Kean and Venky's, after being told I'm "not a true fan" and Kean "is a nice guy" and "it's not his fault". If this documentary got any TV airplay or even a lot of youtube views it can only be positive for Rovers fans as it would mean a lot less ignorant people judging Rovers fans as cretins based on what the pillocks on Soccer Saturday say about us.

I totally agree, I live in Preston and the amount of people who think Kean is ok is unbelievable (possibly some of the w4nkers are winding me up) it is only when you explain the sh1te we have put up with this group of sycophants and liars that they realise he is a complete lying sack of dog turds.

So I am absolutely delighted that Rishi is making this documentary, if I can help in any small way please contact me, if it is only showing you a decent pub or two in Preston I would be delighted to help.

All you nay sayers ought to be ashamed, this is costing you nothing in time, money or effort and it may well provide a small spark to induce further investigation, something that we would all like to see as this may be the only way to rid Rovers of these cancerous scum, yet you belittle and moan without any helpful feedback, well done Agnew will be so proud of you.

He's the programme maker - it's up to him to get to the bottom of the story and unearth something new. A decent journalist would be able to get the right people to talk

A "documentary" rehashing known events like many others on TV would be a waste of time.

Yes but he also has to pay the bills like the rest of us and is putting his own time and money into it because as well as being a "decent journalist" he's also a loyal fan of the club. So any help would be great, right?

Yes but he also has to pay the bills like the rest of us and is putting his own time and money into it because as well as being a "decent journalist" he's also a loyal fan of the club. So any help would be great, right?

Or, he's a bit of a time waster and you'll never hear of him except in this thread.

Very good question. Of course as you can imagine this has been a commonly asked question to the participants, and as you can also probably imagine, due to the incredible lack of communication, many of the answers have been opinions, what I can say is that there a a few people who give answers who are very informed in terms of knowledge about the club, and you have to go with plausible reasoning as opposed to accusations with no evidence, that's what I was getting at in interview. Don't get me wrong, is there wrong-doing? Maybe. Will we ever find out? Probably not no.

If you are finding it hard to get people within the club or closely associated with it, to speak openly or accurately about what has happened at Rovers, could I suggest that you just ask the questions about Rovers as a voice over piece. At least this way it gets people thinking about what has happened at the club since Kean took over.

It could be something along the lines of showing where the club was with Sam in charge when Venky's took over and then a graphic showing how the club slipped down the table when Kean took over. You could have visual graphics showing quotes from the owners saying how they were going to back Sam Allardyce, keep the people who had been running the club so well in charge and generally have the best interests of the club at heart.

You could ask questions about Jerome Anderson and SEM's involvment in Rovers. State that he is the agent of Kean, that he advised the owners on the takeover and Kean, some unheard of coach was promoted to the managers job after Allardyce was sacked. Kean went on to sign Anderson's son, who he described as the next Chris Smalling, but who has never played a minute for the first team. Surely there must be a conflict of interests here? Show a graphic of the leaked letter that John Williams sent to Venky's pleading with them for change and the serious concerns that he and the board had about Kean's relationship with the owners and Anderson's role within transfers. Again you could highlight key lines and words from the document.

You could point out the blatant lies that Steve Kean has told, how the fans turned against him and how he still maintains to this day that he has the majority of the fans support. You could use footage of the press conferences or interviews he has done - good examples would be where he asked fans to judge him after the transfer window was shut last summer, when blamed the lack of experience we had in the team for the defeats and how things would change around when they were back, only then to freeze out, release and sell these players. He famously said that there no chance we would get relegated and again continually pointed to the experienced players who had left the club as an excuse for the dire results, despite the fact that he let them leave - including Chris Samba who he stated on several occasions wouldn't be sold, only for that very thing to be done outside of the British transfer window.

I would suggest making a strong reference to Steve Kean's record of 13 wins from 59 games and ask the very serious question of why the owners sacked Sam Allardyce after they had only be in charge for a couple of games and yet they refuse to sack a man with the worst record in the club's long history, who is openly hated by the fanbase (who they have alienated by their refusal to act and listen to the advice of experience people who genuinely have the clubs best interests at heart) and who has led the team to into two successive relegation battles, the second of which the ultimately lost.

Paul Hunt was sacked a couple of days after relegation, after his email to Venky's imploring them to change the manager and the manner in which the club was run was leaked. He didn't leak the email, but because it got out and embarrassed the owners further, he was let go in a 'cost cutting' measure. He followed the likes of John Williams and Tom Finn, highly respected men within the Premiership, who also left the club. Vineeth Rao and Simon Hunt are two more senior executives who have been shown the door. Meanwhile Steve Kean has been able to surround himself with his own people in high ranking jobs within the club, making his position, unbelievably, even more secure.

The question needs to be asked of why the owners are happy to get rid of everyone but the man who got us relegated? Why won't they get rid of the real problem at the club? What is it that is stopping the worst manager in the club's history from being fired? The owners have had ample opportunities to do so. The prime time for him to go was at the end of the 2011 season when we stayed up on the last day. The must win home game against Bolton which we lost was and the majority of fans finally turned on him was another (He stated after that game, when we were the bottom club going into Christmas, that he would be 100% shocked if he was fired. Why was he so confident?). Getting relegated and the video of him in Hong Kong going on a foul mouthed drunken tirade, lying about the players he developed and declaring that Sam Allardyce was 'a crook' were two more chances for the owners to wash their hands of him. They didn't. Why? Could it be that the owners don't actually own the club?

I'm not trying to tell you how to do your job, but these are just some suggestions for things that could be said or asked and not necessarily to anyone in particular. You may well have planned to do a number of these things as it is. It could just be a way of highlighting the shameful way our club has been run over the past two seasons and would show to fans of other clubs, who have been so quick to criticise Rovers fans, what we have had to put up with. At the very least it would embarrass Kean and Venky's even more by reporting on the absurd lies, claims, goings on and management that has taken place.

Rubbish.

The amount of people I talk to about Rovers who have no clue what's going on at the club is staggering. I've lost count of the amount of times I've had to defend myself and other fans who have protested against Kean and Venky's, after being told I'm "not a true fan" and Kean "is a nice guy" and "it's not his fault". If this documentary got any TV airplay or even a lot of youtube views it can only be positive for Rovers fans as it would mean a lot less ignorant people judging Rovers fans as cretins based on what the pillocks on Soccer Saturday say about us.

You must know alot of uneducated people because fans of my acquaintance from outside the area know from the dire performances at the end of the last season and the media coverage it received that Rovers fans were right all along and that the demonstrations against Kean and Venky's were fully justified. As I stated previously, the proposed documentary needs to find a fresh angle to events at Ewood since November 2010 - rehashing known events would be a missed opportunity.

Or, he's a bit of a time waster and you'll never hear of him except in this thread.

As I said earlier in this thread I worked with him this week. I'm in regular contact with him. Ask Gordon Taylor and co if he's a time waster.

As I said earlier in this thread I worked with him this week. I'm in regular contact with him. Ask Gordon Taylor and co if he's a time waster.

We'll see. What could he possibly find out that our friends like Mullan et al can't? He'd be better linking up with these chaps and video diarising their meetings etc with MPs and Scudamore etc....

We'll see. What could he possibly find out that our friends like Mullan et al can't? He'd be better linking up with these chaps and video diarising their meetings etc with MPs and Scudamore etc....

Rishi met up with us in London a few weeks back, and we have done all we can in assisting him with contact leads. Yesterday we along with some supporters did some fiming on the project which has been on-going for a number of months. The portfolio of people he has spoken to is good, whilst his targets for future dialogue are also inportant.

This is by no means an easy task with so many either unable to speak, or unwilling. I think the effort he and his team have put in to put this together for all of us to watch at some point is highly commendable. It was also good to hear people like Booth and Josh have offered their services and their help has been welcomed during his visit to Blackburn this week

• Backroom

You must know alot of uneducated people because fans of my acquaintance from outside the area know from the dire performances at the end of the last season and the media coverage it received that Rovers fans were right all along and that the demonstrations against Kean and Venky's were fully justified. As I stated previously, the proposed documentary needs to find a fresh angle to events at Ewood since November 2010 - rehashing known events would be a missed opportunity.

Most football fans don't give a stuff about Blackburn Rovers therefore yes, they are very uneducated about the club and its issues. They just take what is said on Soccer Saturday and in the papers and gospel, hence thinking most Rovers fans are Neanderthals who have brutally attacked poor wee Stevie Kean and don't deserve a club to support. Most of the papers and the entirety of Sky Sports still placed a hefty portion of the blame for relegation on us, the fans, and in most people's eyes we're not close to being exonerated from this nasty affair.

Yes, it would be nice for new things to be revealed but even if it is just going over old ground there are A LOT of people who are ignorant to anything that's happened beyond Venky's being a bit thick and poor Stevie taking all the flak.

Most football fans don't give a stuff about Blackburn Rovers therefore yes, they are very uneducated about the club and its issues. They just take what is said on Soccer Saturday and in the papers and gospel, hence thinking most Rovers fans are Neanderthals who have brutally attacked poor wee Stevie Kean and don't deserve a club to support. Most of the papers and the entirety of Sky Sports still placed a hefty portion of the blame for relegation on us, the fans, and in most people's eyes we're not close to being exonerated from this nasty affair.

Yes, it would be nice for new things to be revealed but even if it is just going over old ground there are A LOT of people who are ignorant to anything that's happened beyond Venky's being a bit thick and poor Stevie taking all the flak.

The Times, Independent and Guardian have laid the blame for our relegation and the club's plight fully at the door of Venky's and Kean so I assume the people with whom you are acquainted read the more downmarket stuff. As for the likes of Soccer (what's that?) Saturday and Sky, I wouldn't give them houseroom. Have you thought of widening your circle of friends ?

The Times, Independent and Guardian have laid the blame for our relegation and the club's plight fully at the door of Venky's and Kean so I assume the people with whom you are acquainted read the more downmarket stuff. As for the likes of Soccer (what's that?) Saturday and Sky, I wouldn't give them houseroom. Have you thought of widening your circle of friends ?

Even though you don't, millions of people have watched Soccer Saturday and there is a good chance the ones that do mostly blame us for our relegation. On the Kean video about Allardyce on Youtube, the top rated comments are usually ones slagging off our fans.

In Lancashire, other fans know a lot more about the situation and don't really blame us but it is not really like that anywhere else. Just because The Guardian readers read an article blaming Kean/Venky's that doesn't mean they do and they will have their own preconceptions....usually that we always battle relegation anyway and our squad isn't really good enough regardless.

I've been around various parts of the UK over the past year or so and particularly down south, they feel the "abuse" is undeserved and he has done a good job in the circumstances. The Spurs away game for many highlighted his inadequacies but then they say things like it is the owners fault and you should have protested against them. Certain websites have comments sections where the comment can get voted up or down and ones slagging off our fans usually get a lot of votes up.

To give a rough estimate, in my opinion based on all the things I have encountered, a least a third of all football fans believe we played a significant part in our relegation. This documentary should hopefully convey the right message and this should all change but it is definitely a good idea to do.

in my opinion based on all the things I have encountered, a least a third of all football fans believe we played a significant part in our relegation. This documentary should hopefully convey the right message and this should all change but it is definitely a good idea to do.

So according to your figures two-thirds of fans know Rovers supporters were right to protest while a third do not. What is the point therefore of making a minor documentary which very few people are going to watch in the vague hope that it might change the minds of the uneducated 33 per cent ?

The programme makers need to come up with a revelation that might back page news for it to grab any attention. As it stands only Rovers supporters will be watching it.

Id love to see a short snappy breakdown of the destruction of wealth since they took over.

e..g how much was spent on sacking big sam, the rest of the rovers staff, agents fees etc. along with the playing squad now being worth a fraction of what it was 2 years ago.

In fact - does anyone have that figure of squad value pre venkys to now?

Id love to see a short snappy breakdown of the destruction of wealth since they took over.

e..g how much was spent on sacking big sam, the rest of the rovers staff, agents fees etc. along with the playing squad now being worth a fraction of what it was 2 years ago.

Plus how much will the new Safety Officer or Stadium Manager earn and who will be doing the Stewarding and how much will the contract be worth.

How much is Kunt Fu Panda on and who pays it?

This is what I thought too. Footage, graphics, quotes and analysis showing the breakdown of the club. These could lead into a series of questions being asked in a voice over. It would highlight quickley and effectively the major issues that have been affecting the club under Venky's and Kean and made it straight forward and simple for people to understand our plight.

This is what I thought too. Footage, graphics, quotes and analysis showing the breakdown of the club. These could lead into a series of questions being asked in a voice over. It would highlight quickley and effectively the major issues that have been affecting the club under Venky's and Kean and made it straight forward and simple for people to understand our plight.

Thats a great idea.

They should just follow the money, see you has received what and who has gained the most. Greedy people taking money out of the game gets all football supporters angry. This would grab the attention of supporters of other clubs.

Id love to see a short Shabby breakdown of the destruction of wealth since they took over. Oh, he has already said that Rovers a debt free and so have Kean and Black so it must be right. It's good that an Ass Manager is up to date re Club finances.

Archived