BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Goalline Tech..Is It Gonna Be In Chumpionship?

Thing that would worry me about goal line technology is that they are talking of introducing it halfway through the season - what if you have a dodgy goal given against you the week before it's introduced - either all season or not at all I'd have thought

Thing that would worry me about goal line technology is that they are talking of introducing it halfway through the season - what if you have a dodgy goal given against you the week before it's introduced - either all season or not at all I'd have thought

Even more worrying is the ref can over rule it if he feels it was not a goal

Even more worrying is the ref can over rule it if he feels it was not a goal

Kind of makes it pointless then, and suggests it may be prone to malfunction.

Although it will be a brave referee who calls a marginal one - and gets it wrong!

Don't agree with using goal line technology, leave it to the ref.

I'm not too bothered either way but I'm leaning towards being against it. Whether the ball crossed the line or not is equally important as goals wrongly given as offside or wrongly given penalties imo. Things even themselves out over the course of the season and even though at the moment it's just goal line technology, I can envision in a few years players/managers appealing and everyone turning to a big screen to find out who's throw-in it is.

I thought the goal not given against England was telling. In the build up, a player was offside but the goal wasn't given.

What happens in the same situation with goal line technology in place? I can only assume the goal is given, which would make the technology effectively give the wrong decision.

If the technology is used, then surely it has to be used for the validity of the goal and build up to the goal, so that the correct decision is reached?

I thought the goal not given against England was telling. In the build up, a player was offside but the goal wasn't given.

What happens in the same situation with goal line technology in place? I can only assume the goal is given, which would make the technology effectively give the wrong decision.

If the technology is used, then surely it has to be used for the validity of the goal and build up to the goal, so that the correct decision is reached?

Exactly. Another reason it shouldn't be used. I think it was us against West Ham when they scored from a handball, offside and the ball didn't cross the line. Or something like that...Tevez was involved and I think Bowyer was as well.....if the ball had crossed the line and technology was used after the ref was unsure then there would have been massive controversy. The only solution would then be to use it for everything and play would be stopped all the time because you might as well challenge the decision.

Exactly. Another reason it shouldn't be used. I think it was us against West Ham when they scored from a handball, offside and the ball didn't cross the line. Or something like that...Tevez was involved and I think Bowyer was as well.....if the ball had crossed the line and technology was used after the ref was unsure then there would have been massive controversy. The only solution would then be to use it for everything and play would be stopped all the time because you might as well challenge the decision.

The Tevez goal should have been disallowed. If goal line technology had been in place then Jim Devine would have been spared a lot of abuse, as would his wife and family.

Archived