BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Audley Range

I remember the boating lake as my great gran used to live on Chester st ( I think it was) and my gran used to take us every Friday in the holidays . She moved to daisy field and had a chippy there to. However hardly says I've no experience.

btw is Queens Park no good for a little walk? Must be years since I've been there. Is the boating lake still there or have the H&S deemed it dangerous to the local pond life?

Queens Park is generally frequented by asian teen gangs who take great pleasure in cat-calling & goading any non-asian passers bye. They look for a reaction, as an excuse to give you a good kicking. The local football area recently had a sign put up (not by the council) saying "asians only". This was reported to the council & police.....& was later removed.

Queens Park is generally frequented by asian teen gangs who take great pleasure in cat-calling & goading any non-asian passers bye. They look for a reaction, as an excuse to give you a good kicking. The local football area recently had a sign put up (not by the council) saying "asians only". This was reported to the council & police.....& was later removed.

These teens must be British surely? Or is that claim made only when it suits?

my uncle got shoved off his motorbike by a bunch of scumbags, kicked him in the head (luckily he still had his helmet on) and left him on the floor out of it. When the police arrived and they asked the residents if they had seen anything and surprise surprise no one had seen anything.

my uncle got shoved off his motorbike by a bunch of scumbags, kicked him in the head (luckily he still had his helmet on) and left him on the floor out of it. When the police arrived and they asked the residents if they had seen anything and surprise surprise no one had seen anything.

Sorry but I don't believe that. You must be making it up. Everyone knows that in the UK racism is just a one way street.

Ah but take your doggies up there and they soon dont act hard!! Dont get why they are so scared of dogs?? :lol:

As for the OP - Audley is a sh!t hole, 95% of people from the Blackburn area can tell you that. There are similar poor places around the borough. Why are you moving there? If you have a budget to buy/ rent - tell us what it is, and we can help you find a more enjoyable place to live.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks people for all your help first off Cletus just to confirm I am of asian origin and proud to be so. I would also like to apologise to the mods I did not intend for this thread to go so far off topic. So with regards to moving back to Blackburn I have been asking advice as the last time I stayed in Infirmary street I was burgled by drug users and left the area in bad circumstances with regards to that. So I have been asking people as stated in the media their is an asian community in Blackburn so have been asking around where these areas are and making enquiries I have been advised Audley/Whalley Range, Shear Brow, Wensley Fold, Corporation Park & Preston New Road I would either like if possible to swap with either another council tenant or Housing Association tenant or if possible get a transfer to either a council or H/A property. I have mentioned about Asian areas as I am Asian and I seem to get on better and have been advised it is a lot safer in those areas than when I was living originally near Ewood. Hughesy & hardley any help tips or info or anyone else would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks.

Thanks people for all your help first off Cletus just to confirm I am of asian origin and proud to be so. I would also like to apologise to the mods I did not intend for this thread to go so far off topic. So with regards to moving back to Blackburn I have been asking advice as the last time I stayed in Infirmary street I was burgled by drug users and left the area in bad circumstances with regards to that. So I have been asking people as stated in the media their is an asian community in Blackburn so have been asking around where these areas are and making enquiries I have been advised Audley/Whalley Range, Shear Brow, Wensley Fold, Corporation Park & Preston New Road I would either like if possible to swap with either another council tenant or Housing Association tenant or if possible get a transfer to either a council or H/A property. I have mentioned about Asian areas as I am Asian and I seem to get on better and have been advised it is a lot safer in those areas than when I was living originally near Ewood. Hughesy & hardley any help tips or info or anyone else would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks.

You`ll be ok up Audley then ;) Infact you`ll be ok in most areas of the town.

I agree, the Infirmary street (Mosley St) area used to be a bit of a toilet too. My bro-in-law had a flat on Infirmary St for a while. He got burgled several times. It turned out the guy in the flat below was a druggy scumbag. It was probably him & his mates who robbed him.

Thankfully a huge swathe of the Mosley St area has been flattened & new housing has sprung up. Hopefully a new lease of life for the area.

Thanks Cletus for the advice.Now it's a case of waiting and seeing what I get offered and obviously all the above areas will be considered.

Hopefully I find somewhere in time to get maybe a half season ticket for this season.

Hopefully I find somewhere before the summer ends so I can extend my thanks by holding one of my famous bbq's.

The Infirmary area(where i live) is now 1 of the better affordable(working class) areas to live in(although it is a little white trashy) and is just going to get better as their is still a lot of work being done(work on the infirmary grounds has now finally resumed!).

Seriously im not kiddin Audley is still an ugly rundown poophole regardles it being a mainly asian area(just to be more precise its mainly pakistani muslims living their), their are other areas with large asian communties that are better(just depends on your budget) and despite what you may imagine (white)Blackburn people are pretty easy going and you wouldnt have any trouble in most areas(unless your a @#/? ;)) , The only real racial tensions in this town are between indians an pakistanis.

I will back up this , it doesn't matter if your white , black , brown or turquoise Audleyi is one the UK's shitholes.

my mate`s bro-in-law owns (& rents out) a few houses in Bumley. There`s an area of terraced houses near turd morgue, between the canal & cricket ground (hobart st area). It makes Audley look positively sublime! :blink: Full of low-lifes, smack-heads & dole dossers. The houses need flattening......but with the ocupants still inside.

my mate`s bro-in-law owns (& rents out) a few houses in Bumley. There`s an area of terraced houses near turd morgue, between the canal & cricket ground (hobart st area). It makes Audley look positively sublime! :blink:Full of low-lifes, smack-heads & dole dossers. The houses need flattening......but with the ocupants still inside.

And thats the posh end of Burnley.

(sombody had to say it!)

Archived