BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Independent Away Travel Club?

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Due to the BRFC Action Group running affordable travel for our supporters to travel away, Blackburn Rovers have today gone ballistic about it, to the extent where they have now reduced their travel to Ipswich from £35 to £29. This goes to show that they are panicking and a boycott of their official away travel will work.

see this is what gets my goat about the BRFC Action Group ..... there isn't just the BRFC Action Group offering cheap travel - I can think of at least two other pubs running coaches at or a cheaper price to the coaches offered by the Action Group, but the above post would have you believe the price drop from Rovers is purely down to the BRFC Action Group when I would suggest this clearly isn't the case.

Due to the BRFC Action Group running affordable travel for our supporters to travel away, Blackburn Rovers have today gone ballistic about it, to the extent where they have now reduced their travel to Ipswich from £35 to £29. This goes to show that they are panicking and a boycott of their official away travel will work.

Good for you.

Pleased for you that your alternative travel has proved very popular. Long may it continue.

see this is what gets my goat about the BRFC Action Group ..... there isn't just the BRFC Action Group offering cheap travel - I can think of at least two other pubs running coaches at or a cheaper price to the coaches offered by the Action Group, but the above post would have you believe the price drop from Rovers is purely down to the BRFC Action Group when I would suggest this clearly isn't the case.

I can't get into the specifics but can ensure you it's as a direct result. Yes others are offering travel too , but have not caused the panic which we have . We have had a meeting with the club regarding travel , but won't go into the fine details

we are claiming a victory but can't go into details, we are causing panic but can't go into details, we have a meeting but can't go into details... we've had meetings with the FA/Premier League/Government but can't go into details... we've had numerous meetings with the club but can't go into details

there is a pattern developing here with the BRFC Action Group...what information about away travel could be that sensitive you can't go into details?

To be fair they have dealt with being undercut dramatically to the tune of 50-60% for the odd game before. Upon meeting with the club they weren't only concerned about the price we will offer to Ipswich but for the forthcoming games after that too.

The question everyone should be asking is, if they can afford to charge you £29 NOW, why did they want £35 this morning........

we are claiming a victory but can't go into details, we are causing panic but can't go into details, we have a meeting but can't go into details... we've had meetings with the FA/Premier League/Government but can't go into details... we've had numerous meetings with the club but can't go into details

there is a pattern developing here with the BRFC Action Group...what information about away travel could be that sensitive you can't go into details?

Think you'll find we went into great details regarding everything at the open meeting had you bothered attending .

Whilst some people have jobs to protect , and therefore how we get info is of no consequence . Any sourced will always be 100% protected by the group , so if you want to push for more info as a fans forum member you can go ask ?

Really? we didn't go into details about the meetings with the FA, PL or Sports Minister? WOW, if you ask me we went into too much detail when we held our meeting?!? This coming from they guy who went to Pune and came back silent and has remained silent ever since? astonishing.

Anyway it is what it is, i ain't dragging the thread off topic.....they have been undercut by pubs before and lived, the question should be WHY was they charging so much in the first place...

Good questions.

the only point I am trying to make chaps (Mark & Glen) is why try to claim a result when others have been uncutting the club for years - its just typical of BRAG trying to make themselves shine while nobody else exists.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad there are alternatives to the official away travel and hope they have the demand to run coaches to every away match this season - just remember there are other people out there helping rovers fans - BRAG aren't the centre of the world when it comes to rovers fans.

It's probably the fact that they realise the Kean out roadshow is about to get under way at various grounds again. nowt to do with money, bet they thought charging a bit more on their service would keep so called riff raff - in their eyes - away from games all together.

Anyway back on track £20 return to Ipswich, well done to the Havelock (don't know if anyone else has) for being able to go lower than this by the way, that really is some doing.

Return to Leeds £10, with Bristol and Charlton to be announced later this week.

I remember the old days of coaches from all over going to Rovers away matches, happy days indeed. A great feeling when you turn up at a service station or village miles away and spot fellow supporters. Darwen blues sharing a coach with the valley blues setting off at some stupid time of the day for a trip hundreds of miles away,,,,,, memories indeed. Abbs?

And who could forget the FA cup tie at Everton in the mid eighties. 12000 Rovers fans packed behind the goal at Goodison.. There must have been about 150 coaches there..think that one was from the Lord Raglan. Oh nostalgia :) :) :)

Official away travel has always been dearer than Ewood Blues and so on, however some folk still didn't mind paying the premium, perhaps they wanted less time in boozers with ruffians?!

Not exactly a scandal, and I don't remember you making much fuss about it mark when you were a regular on Birdy's coach.

I can't get into the specifics but can ensure you it's as a direct result. Yes others are offering travel too , but have not caused the panic which we have . We have had a meeting with the club regarding travel , but won't go into the fine details

TBH Glen FR does have a very good point. BRAG is always stating there has been a meeting with club or whoever but can't / won't give details. I'm afraid it doesn't wash for a lot of people.

Think you'll find we went into great details regarding everything at the open meeting had you bothered attending .

Whilst some people have jobs to protect , and therefore how we get info is of no consequence . Any sourced will always be 100% protected by the group , so if you want to push for more info as a fans forum member you can go ask ?

For the time I was able to be there I was very surprised by the things that were said. I think three points are interesting about this:

BRAG took a great risk as anyone could have been present

The minutes don't reflect the detail of the meeting

BRAG has been fortunate those of us who attended have the good sense to keep quiet

I do feel an issue still remains to be addressed in that BRAG repeatedly claims transparency but in reality never reports the detail. Until BRAG addresses this the organisation will always be open to criticism.

I'm still not sure how you become a member of BRAG, I asked but never got a real answer. There is no formal membership (unless I'm missing something), so to be a member is the stipulation A you register with the website, B follow them on twitter, C ask to join their secret/closed FB page, D wear a yellow & black t-shirt and shout Venkys/Kean/Anderson/Agnew/Shaw/Singh/Walsh* out or a combo of all four?

HOW DO YOU JOIN BRAG / BRFC ACTION GROUP?

*delete as appropriate

Archived