BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Independent Away Travel Club?

I can only speak for myself, however maybe just maybe I'm interested to understand more how the group operates - is that such a bad thing? If you run a group that represents supporters, isn't it only fair to assume you'll get questions from those supporters from time to time about the workings of said group.

IMO questions about membership numbers (when they have been stated to be in the thousands) and corporate sponsors are perfectly reasonable.

Every week without fail you post things like,

Where are the miniutes?

Whats the membership numbers?

Is this minuted?

Who are you talking to?

Why is this not minuted?

How is it funded?

Who is funding you?

Is this minuted?

You dont represent me?

I will protest when I want?

I will not be told when to protest?

Are these minuted?

See the patterm?

Im a very patient person and always respond to questions, but you always try and find a way to wind people up and especially us.

You cause so many issues which bring about what people call group wars and take threads off subject daily .

You dont see me asking you why are you still on the fans forum seeing you have not renewed your season ticket? But now im on the subject it does appear they changed the rules on this to accomodate you without approval from the rest in a democratic decision.

Now unless you are going to offer something constructive, can you leave us just to get on with more important things, which is trying to find a solution to the mess our club is currently in!!!!

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every week without fail you post things like,

Where are the miniutes?

Whats the membership numbers?

Is this minuted?

Who are you talking to?

Why is this not minuted?

How is it funded?

Who is funding you?

Is this minuted?

You dont represent me?

I will protest when I want?

I will not be told when to protest?

Are these minuted?

See the patterm?

Im a very patient person and always respond to questions, but you always try and find a way to wind people up and especially us.

You cause so many issues which bring about what people call group wars and take threads off subject daily .

You dont see me asking you why are you still on the fans forum seeing you have not renewed your season ticket? But now im on the subject it does appear they changed the rules on this to accomodate you without approval from the rest in a democratic decision.

Now unless you are going to offer something constructive, can you leave us just to get on with more important things, which is trying to find a solution to the mess our club is currently in!!!!

I would suggest, no I would say that you are telling lies in relation to the questions and frequency of which I ask them... still don't let that get in the way of you refusing to answer a perfectly valid question which the BRFC Action Group said would be released in a statement in due course. How you can say I'm "group wars" is laughable considering we were last week talking about you coming to a FF pre-meet. To borrow your hashtag when rubbing the nose of Alan Nixon in the ###### on twitter this week #justbanter

I would suggest, no I would say that you are telling lies in relation to the questions and frequency of which I ask them... still don't let that get in the way of you refusing to answer a perfectly valid question which the BRFC Action Group said would be released in a statement in due course. How you can say I'm "group wars" is laughable considering we were last week talking about you coming to a FF pre-meet. To borrow your hashtag when rubbing the nose of Alan Nixon in the ###### on twitter this week #justbanter

I dont tell lies, in fact one of my biggest problems is im too honest and too open (Always get told off for being so) If you are not badgering on here, you are on Facebook or on twitter. The very fact you mention 22 seats which has never been mentioned on here suggest you have been talking about this subject elsewhere, as I do believe you are not a member of the facebook group were this was mentioned.

This constant bickering trying to get a reaction is what others view as Group wars!!!!

From a personal point of view and I'm sure I speak for all our committee, we have no issue with any other groups, we go to the colaberation meetings , which people like John Waring , Ste B, from Fans fourm attend, BRFCS, BRST, BRSIT and the invites have been extended by organiser Sir Bill Taylor too.

We are not in competition with them and do not see them as the competition.

This is , always will be and should always be about Blackburn Rovers, Nothing else comes into it,

We have open meetings for questions, this was an independent travel thread last time I looked. When I post on BRFCS I do so as an individual as Glen Mullan, my views are my own and should not be mistaken for the BRFC Action Groups.

The views of the group differ across the members and committee

We are not a protest group, not organised a protest for 5 months and have moved on massively since then

We have our own website and email address's for answering questions.

This website is BRFCS and is not about groups its about rovers and an online community on all things rovers. You may say well the action group is rovers related which is quite correct, but if you want to discuss the group then do so, but if you want to ask questions , attend open meetings, send emails or visit our website

Wow, an away travel thread completely taken off topic, as the same question is asked on here, the Jordan Rhodes t-shirt thread and probably (without checking) the open floor meeting thread. Are you going to ask the same question on every BRFC Action Group thread possible?

The BRFC Action Group is the ONLY democratically elected voice to supporters, we don't change rules to ensure people remain on it, as its fully democratic. It has full community backing from elected representatives of the council, which is why we have been given free venues, free platforms to sell our membership in the town centre and contacts into local business which we would never of been able to do with such ease, so kudos to the council for this, and to members of our committee for giving up, voluntarily many hours of their free time, to go and speak with these people on numerous occasions to help sort these things out.

The Mayor of Blackburn, plays an integral part, along with his deputy Councillor Mulla, in providing us with business contacts to help source things at a cost we could not dream of beating to help our membership grow.

The majority of what the group funds, comes from our own pockets, the generous donations of our honorary patrons, the schemes we have in place which members get involved in such as the bonus ball, and general donations from our many members, who are happy to help in anyway they can to benefit their football club and their community.

The committee has made many inroads into local businesses, had many discussions with them and ensured the group and its members have many benefits of being a member of the BRFC Action Group.

Had our committee, not put the effort into this group, had they chosen to have a meeting with the club, then do absolutely nothing for a month until we have another, then this group would not be in the position it is now. We talk regularly with top level employees at the club and have many many more things in the pipeline which will benefit the everyday supporter of Blackburn Rovers.

All of our committee have worked tirelessly, unpaid, for their football club to ensure all this is put into place for supporters, so yes it becomes tedious when people constantly niggle, waiting for a reply, so they can try and trip us up.

I am not quite sure what it is we are telling lies about, are you suggesting we need to fabricate things to make the group look bigger than it is or something? seriously open your eyes, the group has many many supporters who are now becoming official members, the whole community figureheads are in support of the group and have become members themselves, the towns business are actively supporting what the group is trying to do. Why would we need to "lie"?

Finally, many committee members have access to the groups twitter account, the post you refer to where it is said a statement will be released in 'due course', was a post i wrote personally, it was not a lie, because in due course we will issue how many thousands we are upto. The group is still receiving many applications on a daily basis and now is not the time, when the time is right the relative information will be put out on a need to be basis, in "due course" and not just to satisfy your curiosity.

You're not a group member, yet you have a very high level of interest in the group! A public platform is not the place to keep asking questions, repeatedly every time we issue some information. If you have any questions what-so-ever which you would like answering, pop them in an email, over to Mark@brfcactiongroup.co.uk and i will answer them openly and honestly for you, where i can. Then if you choose to do so, you can post them all on a thread, then you have one solely for your own interest, and you can stop ruining all the others.

Now Back on Topic.

Leeds United v Rovers - SOLD OUT

Bristol City Away

Charlton Athletic Away

Nottingham Forest Away

Please email awaytravel@brfcactiongroup.co.uk for further details.

COYB :rover:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Who are this Darwen blues? They certainly aren't connected with the original Darwen blues which admittedly has fizzled out now. In fact one of the original Darwen blues members has organised a bus for Peterborough away going from the belgrave pub in the town centre.

Where is the Belgrave pub?

In answer to your question I suspect it may be the lads who originated from the Britannia who moved onto the Spinners/Craven Heifer although I may stand corrected.

Stoke away about five years ago took two coaches, 96 fans and what a day. Stopped at Sandbach village before and after. Still got my Darwen Blues T Shirt which I still wear with pride!

I am part of the group you refer to. I was a Brit regular, and now I drink in spinners! I was at stoke that day, and the lad who organised that trip is organising the trip to Peterborough from the belgrave. This new group have nothing to do with the original group. The belgrave used to be marleys

I am part of the group you refer to. I was a Brit regular, and now I drink in spinners! I was at stoke that day, and the lad who organised that trip is organising the trip to Peterborough from the belgrave. This new group have nothing to do with the original group. The belgrave used to be marleys

Cheers for that pal. I've got Mr Henry's number, will speak soon regarding forthcoming trips.

Darwen Blues, we are here wo oh wo oh.......

Archived