BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Forests new owners

They've appointed Sean O'Driscoll as their new manager.

Wow Sean O' Driscoll awesome, oh by the way who is he, who did he manage in the PL (probably miles better than kenocio wherever he was manager) I thought the forest lot were minted, i'd have wanted a top manager if I were a forrest fan with loads of dosh---- or am i just being cynical. :mellow:

This is perhaps an indication of the difficulty of attracting a top manager on reasonable terms to a Championship club.

We know the Raos talked to managers to replace Kean as well, but at the end of the day decided to stick with him (or changed their mind about replacing him). Question is why? I don't think money would be the biggest issue.

If I was a forest fan I would be very concerned at the moment. The currently have no senior defenders under contract and have just sold their best defender to Reading.

Their fans have just been told there is limited funds available, and the club is going to be run as a business with a little investment. They have also been told that the club is trying to go for catergory 1 academy status.

It all sounds so familiar it's scary.

I just wonder who has introduced the new owners to Forest, if he has an outstanding young centre half in his family, and if he is currently bedded down at Forests training ground "helping out" free of charge.

From what I hear, Crawley are very very happy at this appointment.

Well I don't doubt it as it will have meant that they have made a nice bit of money very quickly.

As for this serving as an indication of the calibre of manager we would be able to attract, well, I don't buy it. Even with their new owners Forest remain several rungs below us on the footballing ladder.

Even with their new owners Forest remain several rungs below us on the footballing ladder.

We're in the same league. What's gone before means little now. Sadly Rovers are no better than Forest or any other team in the Championship - until we prove it on the pitch

Well I don't doubt it as it will have meant that they have made a nice bit of money very quickly.

As for this serving as an indication of the calibre of manager we would be able to attract, well, I don't buy it. Even with their new owners Forest remain several rungs below us on the footballing ladder.

In what sense? They are a city club with an above average History.

Archived