BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Joseph Barton

SergioPeter89

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Joey Barton the person is scum , he's a thug , the kind of guy if he wasnt a footballer would be the @#/? in the pub who would start on you if he didnt like the way you looked at him

Joey Barton the footballer i always thought was pretty decent , not a world beater , not international class , not even a top 10 club player , but decent enough , and probably better than what currently have but you can never ever trust him to keep his head

i just hope that if he does come , he finally snaps completely and strangles Kean to death with a training bib

Oh it gives the fans something other than Venkys/ Kean to moan about.....so lets go get him!!

Might make this message board abit more interesting for a while!

Yes because let's stamp out the moaning. That's the real problem after all.

• Moderation Lead

He's a horrible, horrible man.

Would i have him in midfield over the likes of Dunn, N'Zonzi, Petrovic, Pederson & Lowe though?

In a flipping heartbeat.

+1

If they want to loan him to a championship club to get over his ban quicker as suggested, then that says to me they want him back in first team action asap. So what would be the deal? A loan til Christmas? If they wanted to recall him sooner to get back into the first team squad then what would be on it for the loaning club??

The story is bogus in my opinion, and thats just my opinion I don't have anything else to base that on other than Cryer just tweeting that there's no chance of Barton joining Rovers.

Would be interesting to see how him and Pedersen get on though if he did somehow join Rovers

I don't believe it -it couldn't get any worse, and it just did. No way is this guy a better player than a properly used NZonzi, Dunn, Lowe etc.etc. This is a binge partner for the Baldy Man. It make no sense at all. I suspect this will make sure less ST's get sold than anything else. Coward and a bully who was never able to put it in against real men. Can someone tell me when he's ever turned up at Ewood when we had a proper team let alone put a shift in.

HOW out of touch are these people running Rovers!!!!!!!!

Well if he turns up I'm out now and I'd be careful if I had a kid at the Academy.

Stupid stupid stupid.

Is it a wind up?

Yes because let's stamp out the moaning. That's the real problem after all.

+1. Which shows the level of thinking of some. Let's attack the symptoms and ignore the disease.

A year or two ago I would have been adamantly opposed to Barton. We were a family club, decently run, with a good reputation. Now that's all in tatters. Barton can't destroy the club's reputation anymore than our alleged manager and alleged owners have already managed. Which makes me even more furious thinking about it.

I think this would be a good move if we could strike a deal for < 200k in wages where he stays with us until 1st Jan. By my reckoning he would be available at the latest by Sat 27th October for Watford at home (I say latest as the current fixtures on the Rovers website don't include league cup games which may see him available a week or so earlier), and if a deal is struck until after Christmas, this would mean he is available for 13 games.

Yes he is an idiot, but he is also miles better than other midfielders we have and could make a difference for us in a fixture congested period.

Why let him take up a place in the 25 man squad and surely pay a part of his wages just for the 'pleasure' of having him in the squad for 10 games or so?

Because we have Steve Kean pulling the strings?

I think this would be a good move if we could strike a deal for < 200k in wages where he stays with us until 1st Jan. By my reckoning he would be available at the latest by Sat 27th October for Watford at home (I say latest as the current fixtures on the Rovers website don't include league cup games which may see him available a week or so earlier), and if a deal is struck until after Christmas, this would mean he is available for 13 games.

Yes he is an idiot, but he is also miles better than other midfielders we have and could make a difference for us in a fixture congested period.

Anybody got a magnifying glass I could borrow for a minute please?

The guy's scum but a good player nonetheless.....I hated El Hadji Diouf more than I hate Barton and I hardly liked Savage much either.....I think fans of the teams who he has played for generally like him.....I think he would be useful for us for sure...gets stuck in and good at retaining possession.

I still don't understand though what the deal is with his potential loan.....will be here till Janurary? Because if not then why would anyone agree to it?

I would take him unless we would have to pay a lot of money for his wages.

I've always liked Barton as a player but despised him as an individual. For the past few years when he has been available I’ve said I wouldn't mind seeing him at Rovers as let's face it he is better than anything we currently have. But also part of my reasoning was that 'it had appeared' that he had turned the corner and curbed that devil on his shoulder, that clearly hasn't happened after the City incident we all saw last season.

Clearly there are far too many risks and I wouldn't now want to see him brought to the club.

Archived