BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Game thread - Fleetwood / Stanley Away - Pre Season

Well I think the players in the first game impressed most but its only pre season, its all about fitness and then picking the best 11....Im happy for Nunes and Gomes doing well.

Nice to see that Curtis Haley and Hugo Fernandez is ahead of Blackman and Myles Andersson.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nunes, Gomes and Murphy for me as players I was impressed with but whether or not they will have the time on the ball in the Championship only time will tell. Second match wasn't exactly thrilling maybe Kean will claim Hanleys heading was a positive.

The distraction of Steve Kean is becoming more and more infuriating and casts a shadow over the whole club, the fans keep making their feelings known and so the cycle continues. Good to see Robinson in good spirits, well before the mistake anyway maybe he will be staying around?

The distraction of Steve Kean is becoming more and more infuriating and casts a shadow over the whole club, the fans keep making their feelings known and so the cycle continues.

The owners knew this would be the case, yet chose to continue down this road.

You say out of position, but when as the holy one ever played him in his ideal position(behind the main striker, as we all know).

I know, at least he played dunn behind the striker, but he is playing both formica and rochina on the wings when all three of them should be fighting fot that spot.

I think Gomes and Rochina could work well together up front.

So did wee Stevie get some face-to-face verbals from the Rovers fans today?

He'll be getting some at Cork - I can tell you that much.

Received a text saying all you could hear was KeAn out chants for the majority of the game and that Kean had a big security presence. Looks like someone is going have to pay the consortium £30m to get rid sad times.

Received a text saying all you could hear was Ken out chants for the majority of the game and that Kean had a big security presence. Looks like someone is going have to pay the consortium £30m to get rid sad times.

I wasn't even feckin there!!!

Received a text saying all you could hear was KeAn out chants for the majority of the game and that Kean had a big security presence. Looks like someone is going have to pay the consortium £30m to get rid sad times.

The "kean out chants" got steadily louder and more sustained.. but it was shame there werent huge numbers chanting. I had a quick, passing, word with Mr Kean.. he didnt look me in the eye.

As for confrontations.. I only saw myself. - An irate guy ranted at Kean.. but he was seen off by a Rovers Steward -'The young bespectacled oddball jobsworth from the Riverside Stand'

Kean was surrounded by about 6 'Heavies'. and I saw 2 keeping a "look out" by the team coach.

Surely what today showed is that goodwillie must never play for rovers again. He was even worse than I remembered. When the young players came on later in the second game you could see the benefits of their having played together in a team that was decently managed rather than a kean team. He has to go - I know it was only a friendly but we are getting into losing ways again already and you can see the players have come to expect the opposition t

o score. Thought young O'Connor played soundly.

I didn't see the first game but watch the second game.

I thought Anthony O'Connor and Adam Henley did well first half. Also R.Hanley did well second half going forward from Left back. Hugo Fernandez also did well second half with his passing, movement and always wanted the ball. good to see him in the 1st team squad.

Goodwillie had a shocked tonight(again). Edinho did alright today when he came on. close to scoring in last minute. hit post

For me goodwillie looks like he would only be half useful as a second striker we have at least 3 of those in Dunn, Formica and Rochina and they are definatly better for the role than him.

He cant play as a lone striker and I dont think he has the ability to be a second striker tbh he never gets his head up when moving with the ball, he is pretty useless!

He may have the ability to be a 'poacher' but not at premier league level and we will have to see at championship level, he is more....well..SPL/league one standard from what I have seen so far.

For me goodwillie looks like he would only be half useful as a second striker we have at least 3 of those in Dunn, Formica and Rochina and they are definatly better for the role than him.

He cant play as a lone striker and I dont think he has the ability to be a second striker tbh he never gets his head up when moving with the ball, he is pretty useless!

He may have the ability to be a 'poacher' but not at premier league level and we will have to see at championship level, he is more....well..SPL/league one standard from what I have seen so far.

I just think he must be a confidence player.....another player like Dann who have performed for other managers. ....not had a chance, never been fit(and I mean properly fit)...looks a bit overweight....its a shame we invest £2 million and then not even get him fit and fit for purpose.

ratings Game 1:

Kean 6. safe hands but didnt look entirely confident

Ribeiro 5. offered little other than being defensively sound against a very lightweight winger. cant believe i saw him play

Givet 7. Dann 7. No problems here.

Morris 4. Gave the ball away a lot and seemed to panic under pressure.

Formica 8. looks sharp and full of desire.

Murphy 9. his quality stood out a mile.

Jorge 7. he was comfortable on the ball and looked positive.

Nunes 7. made some great runs and was involved in the best moves. far from the first yet though.

Best 7. Strong and hard working. His decisions werent always right but he held it up v. well.

Gomes 8. Already see the knack for scoring. 60 mins seemed enough for him.

(Edihno 6) tried hard but looks the furthest from first team. reminded me of DeVita

Steve Kean 0. @#/?

So was that Keans security team or Stanley's yesterday? They were all local lads, most of whom work the doors in Accy/Burnley pubs.

I think Stanley security team cos I seen most of them working at pubs/clubs in Accy/Burnley areas so can't see them being rovers/Kean's security team. I think his bodyguard was next to him tho.

Archived