BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Game thread - Fleetwood / Stanley Away - Pre Season

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

was there for both games.

1st game the 3 portugese lads looked decent murphy stod out could be a class signing for us bit like gordan cowans year we came up under dalglish, Best ooked quite strong held it up well ribiero i thought had a decent game wasnt convinced by dann tho .

2nd game. looked a bid subdued hanley played alright robbo was in good form with the fans made a big blooper but when we was singing englands number 1 he shook his head n pointed to the rovers badge as to say not england but rovers #1 think he will be here next season now after way he was with the fans. Edinho looked ok both games he came on goodwillie less said the better tbh like raheem hanley going forward and fernandez looks a prospect with oconnell.

Good day was had by most of our fans i think kean got a lot of stick as was expected.

So was that Keans security team or Stanley's yesterday? They were all local lads, most of whom work the doors in Accy/Burnley pubs.

Total embarrassment to this club, a 'manager' so hated amongst the clubs fans he has to go to these extremes...I'm sorry but this really winds me up.

I've never known anything like it but you just get the feeling the unspeakable one is loving every minute of it though.

He said: “Playing two games back to back gives everyone a lot of minutes very quickly. To get that amount of minutes into their legs, on the back of Austria, is a really good exercise.

Did nobody point out to him that it was basically 2 different teams so nobody played more than 90 mins. I know what he means ( Yes I can understand Kean speak sometimes) is that the 2 games means more of the players got that 90 mins, but it's not what he says.

I dislike him as much as the next guy but I think you're really nit picking there, I interpreted it as saying it means everyone 45 minutes match time (at least).

“Playing two games back to back gives everyone a lot of minutes very quickly. To get that amount of minutes into their legs, on the back of Austria, is a really good exercise."

Guest Wen Y Hu

Parsonblue's match report for both the games against Fleetwood and Stanley are now on the front page. My apologies for the delay in publishing them.

(Edit: Match photos added - thanks to cn174. See here. Note also the page title and URL have been amended.)

Archived