BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Simon Cox!

callumrovers

You're not really responding to what I'm saying though, no offence. Yes, Givet, Hanley and Orr should be fine in this league (though Hanley is still young, developing, a risk...don't forget he was awful at the start of last season, still has plenty to prove and learn). But Givet is injury prone and could very well be asking to leave soon. Even if he doesn't, he's proven he can be a liability in squad terms with his random mental state. You said yourself Dann is awful. So you're saying it's fine to go through a 46 game season with 2 centre halves and one versatile defender (Who could easily be needed at LB or RB at any time)? You also seem to think this versatile defender is less important than an energetic mid. So given the choice of just one, you'd prefer us to go through a CB with 2 acceptable centre halves, one injury prone (well, both actually, Hanley has had a few knocks already)? Come on, it's madness, we're screaming for a good centre half to partly replace the three we've lost.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was merely stating which position is the biggest priority in that it needs most money spent on it, I'm not saying for one second that its "either or" between buying defenders or a midfielder(as you seem to have got into your head!), we HAVE to buy both no questions. A realistic quality center midfielder for this level would cost 2.5-5mill where as you can always pick up backup defenders for well under a million a piece(If you have good scouts and knowledgeable staff in place to find these players!!!), As i said initially we shouldn't be taking money out pot to spend on very average attacking players(like Cox) as it limits what we can spend on the positions that we are very weak in. The biggest problem is nobody really wants to come to us and play for @#/? Kean(unless their old pals on inflated contracts or dazzled by Kean's ability to speak Portuguese).

As for Dann & Olson(and possibly Givet, but i really hope not), the club cant financially risk buying replacements for them until they have left and the moneys in the bank(and thats assuming they don't again siphon of the profits as they did with Samba, Jones, etc..).

• Backroom

Sounds like a Kean v Shebby power struggle here, if he signs Kean is in control if he doesn't then Shebby has the power

Please don't sign

Sounds like a Kean v Shebby power struggle here, if he signs Kean is in control if he doesn't then Shebby has the power

Please don't sign

Really!, a over the top to settle such a big thing other the transfer of 1 player,

many chairmen(or the like) have differences with the manager over transfer targets, as long as its not a bank braking deal they normally leave the final the decision to the manager and i imagine if shebby didnt give kean final say then kean would just use it against him when things dont go right.

if we don't start playing consistently well and dominating games and most importantly getting points on the board early yet Kean is still here then that would prove once and for all what most people on here already believe.

Maybe Shebbys giving kean just enough rope to hang himself(or maybe shebbys is just as bad as the rest, to early to say!)

If reports are to be believed this new structure doesn’t bode well for the future.

Presumably, you have Kean/Agnew/Shaw involved in submitting the bid for Cox, however if LT is correct, Shebby(?) thinks we can do better.

Who is Shebby relying on for advice/guidance? Surely his knowledge of English football cannot be that great.

Does anyone think Rhodes is a good idea? I'm not too sure. Would rather see someone with a little more presence!

His record speaks for itself IMO, he is a player that would more than likely make the step up to the Championship with relative ease ala Grant Holt, Ricky Lambert, etc. However, not sure Rovers have a cat in hells chance of signing this guy.

If reports are to be believed this new structure doesn’t bode well for the future.

Presumably, you have Kean/Agnew/Shaw involved in submitting the bid for Cox, however if LT is correct, Shebby(?) thinks we can do better.

Who is Shebby relying on for advice/guidance? Surely his knowledge of English football cannot be that great.

It all boils down to how much power Shebby actually has John.

If we take him at face value [which is difficult with anyone at all down at Ewood] and accept that he can sack Kean without going to Mrs D, then the next question is Pauls question - would he be responsible for hiring Keans replacement? If the answer to that is yes, then he wields great power, if the answer is no, then he has no power at all.

Assuming he does hold the power down at Ewood, then I have to say that while the Raos have moved to rebuild some structure at the club, all thier decisions are far too insular. There must be many more able bodies to hold the sway of power than Shebby Singh. They don't ever seem to really look for the best people do they? They always seem to be taking advice from people within the club who have their own vested interests at stake. I'm talking primarily about Kean, Agnew, Singh [friend of the family] and in the past JA.

They need to start looking outside of Ewood Park for proper independent advice.

the next question is Pauls question - would he be responsible for hiring Keans replacement?

IMO...

IF Kean was moved or fired (By the family), Shebby would source 4-5 potential replacements. Give his recommendation. Then the family would decide who's hired (Most likely they'd agree with him).

IMO...

IF Kean was moved or fired (By the family), Shebby would source 4-5 potential replacements. Give his recommendation. Then the family would decide who's hired (Most likely they'd agree with him).

By this statement you seem to suggest Shebby does not have the power to fire Kean. He has told fans he does have the power to sack the manager.

Which is true or do we just have another liar and yes man on our hands?

Are the family aware of these statements from Shebby?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived