BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] ST Renewing / Not Renewing & Reasons

None-Renewal Reasons  

273 members have voted

1. 1. Last season I had a season ticket. This year I don't and the follow statements are true) tick all that apply

• The division we are in played a part in my decision
    • The manager played a part in my decision
    • The owners played a part in my decision
    • The cost played a part in my decision
    • Lifestyle changes (e.g. moving) played a part in my decision
    • I will renew once Steve Kean has gone
    • I will renew once we have new owners
    • I will renew once we are better run (regardless of the owners / manager)
    • I will renew once we are back in the premiership
    • I'm not ever likely to renew
    • I will still attend some home games
    • I will still attend some away game
    • I'm not likely to attend any Rovers games now
    • N/A - I *WILL* be renewing (or have already renewed)
    • N/A - I didn't have a season ticket last season and still wont
    • N/A - I didn't have a season ticket last season, but will this season

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We buy our Season-Tickets this season IN SPITE of the Management and Owners. That is defiance.

Ewood Park inside and (I hope) outside will have Protests,whatever the team's position in the league.

Everyone else then becomes an ex-fan and I discount their views.

Protests, I'm ot sure they make any difference. Particularly now we are in a division lower.

I'm afraid that all you might have succeeded in doing is giving these people your money. Which is a strange sort of defiance.

I wouldn't worry Eddie, by his own recent definition thenodrog is no longer a Rovers supporter so the arguments don't stand up in the first place.

Ah a bigger d*ck joins the fray! Hardly unpredictable. Still defending little eddie after all these years I see Paul. Are you two related or 'just good friends'? :wub:

For what it's worth I am not renewing for the 1st time in 25 years and anyone who does is a muppet

That's just my opinion :D

Fair enough not renewing but saying anyone who does is a muppet isn't really helping the debate. You are just building up a wall between the fans. We are all doing what we feel is best.

Ah a bigger d*ck joins the fray! Hardly unpredictable. Still defending little eddie after all these years I see Paul. Are you two related or 'just good friends'? :wub:

Oh grow up will you.

Very recently you posted a view regarding home and away support clearly indicating by your own definition you don't support the club anymore.

Continuing to lecture all and sundry over their views and blathering on about your own wisdom in deciding to freeload last season rather than buy a ticket has become very tedious.

I really feel you need to get a life.

• Moderation Lead

With the greatest of respect Glenn- was a thread necessary? Couldn't there have just been a poll?

Not like all these views haven't already been covered in countless other threads.....

Oh grow up will you.

Very recently you posted a view regarding home and away support clearly indicating by your own definition you don't support the club anymore.

Continuing to lecture all and sundry over their views and blathering on about your own wisdom in deciding to freeload last season rather than buy a ticket has become very tedious.

I really feel you need to get a life.

I do apologise if I touched a nerve Paul. :unsure:

With the greatest of respect Glenn- was a thread necessary? Couldn't there have just been a poll?

Not like all these views haven't already been covered in countless other threads.....

People would have moaned if it was just a poll.

I'm not sure why the "It's Kean. If he goes I'll buy a ticket" view seems to have become the new mantra. Does that mean everyone of this viewpoint has no issue with Venky's ownership? Does it also mean that it really all was about results and not liking getting relegated? Because that's what the issue is Kean sounds like.

I'm not sure why the "It's Kean. If he goes I'll buy a ticket" view seems to have become the new mantra.

Don't think it's new EIT. I can only speak for myself, but the hope is that another manager might just mean that the Raos are changing their ways. Let's be honest, most other managers would want full control over player transfers etc. Maybe, just maybe a new manager would signal that the Raos are prepared to hand full control to a real football man.

for me its always mainly been about kean, i hate venky but i hate kean with more passion than a man could ever muster. If they had given kean the boot, i would have cut them a bit of slack and seen where we were in 6 months time but they havent and so until that happens i hold venkys with contempt!!

Don't think it's new EIT. I can only speak for myself, but the hope is that another manager might just mean that the Raos are changing their ways. Let's be honest, most other managers would want full control over player transfers etc. Maybe, just maybe a new manager would signal that the Raos are prepared to hand full control to a real football man.

All rather depends on who they would appoint. Before they became the joke figures they are, they chose Kean, which no-one apart from Andy Cole it appears saw coming. Now their reputation is in tatters, I'm not expecting Hiddink or Sir Alf to be installed. Shebby as caretaker wouldn't surprise me in the least, which might not be welcomed with open arms by all the ones who rushed to buy their season tickets when Kean left.

All rather depends on who they would appoint. Before they became the joke figures they are, they chose Kean, which no-one apart from Andy Cole it appears saw coming. Now their reputation is in tatters, I'm not expecting Hiddink or Sir Alf to be installed. Shebby as caretaker wouldn't surprise me in the least, which might not be welcomed with open arms by all the ones who rushed to buy their season tickets when Kean left.

Well of course it depends who they appoint. While nothing happens though - errr - nothing changes. They need to bring someone in who would get a grip of the playing side and wouldn't stand for the crap that's been going on here, throughout the club, for the last 20 months.

I'm not sure why the "It's Kean. If he goes I'll buy a ticket" view seems to have become the new mantra. Does that mean everyone of this viewpoint has no issue with Venky's ownership? Does it also mean that it really all was about results and not liking getting relegated? Because that's what the issue is Kean sounds like.

No the issue with Kean is about his lies, his lack of respect for anyone other than himself and his cronies, his incompetence as a manager (which caused relegation so I suppose relegation is a part of the issue but only because with the players and the squad the incompetent manager inherited, he should have been able to avoid it) his appalling arrogance allied to a complete lack of talent, etc etc etc. Most of us have serious issues with Venkys too, but how do you persuade an owner to sell - if you know tell Man Utd fans too as they'd also like rid of theirs. A manager however, is supposed to be an employee and is therefore accountable so should be sackable. Getting rid of kean would mean that there was a chance, however remote, that watching football at Ewood might again become an enjoyable experience and we would not have to squirm with embarrassment every time the manager is interviewed. It might signify that the clueless ones in India had actually started to take an interest in what might be best for Rovers. Singh I presume does not have his coaching badges and could not therefore take over so we would have to get someone at least as well qualified and possibly more able to do the job than Kean. We all want to be able to renew our season tickets and Kean's sacking would be a sign that things might improve. They probably won't by much, but anything is welcome.

I too am coming slowly round to the point of view expressed by Den and Gumboots in their two most recent posts. (#'s 92 & 93)

I think I could persuade myself that if the Venkys were to act swiftly and sack Kean as soon as it becomes apparent that there is not going to be an easy return to the PL, then I would probably renew my S/T and give the Venkys a bit more time to prove themselves worthy owners. This will certainly also require them to show their intentions to be be serious by hiring a tried and proven manager that has all the necessary attributes to get us back to the PL, and for them to back him 100% in his needs and conditions.

Agree with that, it seems a strange logic to me as well. A bit like agreeing to sleep with someone who has an STD immediately after their visible symptoms clear up, apologies for the crude analogy but you just wouldn't do it. Venkys will still be there, meaning the underlying issues that caused an idiot like Kean to become manager in the first place are all still there.

Having said all that, I'd also renew if Kean was sacked. These are very weak reasons but as others have said, it just might indicate a change in mindset from Venkys, and even if it doesn't, I'm not sure anyone else could do as bad a job as Kean has. Plus, like most of the other non-renewers (contrary to some claims levelled), it hurts a lot not renewing and I'd jump at any even half-credible excuse to do so.

Agree with that, it seems a strange logic to me as well. A bit like agreeing to sleep with someone who has an STD immediately after their visible symptoms clear up, apologies for the crude analogy but you just wouldn't do it. Venkys will still be there, meaning the underlying issues that caused an idiot like Kean to become manager in the first place are all still there.

Having said all that, I'd also renew if Kean was sacked. These are very weak reasons but as others have said, it just might indicate a change in mindset from Venkys, and even if it doesn't, I'm not sure anyone else could do as bad a job as Kean has. Plus, like most of the other non-renewers (contrary to some claims levelled), it hurts a lot not renewing and I'd jump at any even half-credible excuse to do so.

So basically it seems like strange logic but you would go along with it?

• 2 weeks later...

As previously mentioned I have no intention of doing my 60 mile trip to Ewood while both Venkys are in charge & the lying & incompetant Steve Kean is manager.

This severs a 25 years relationship that both my brother & I have had with Ewood Park. I never thought the day would come when this happened, but it has.

Archived