BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] ST Renewing / Not Renewing & Reasons

None-Renewal Reasons  

273 members have voted

1. 1. Last season I had a season ticket. This year I don't and the follow statements are true) tick all that apply

• The division we are in played a part in my decision
    • The manager played a part in my decision
    • The owners played a part in my decision
    • The cost played a part in my decision
    • Lifestyle changes (e.g. moving) played a part in my decision
    • I will renew once Steve Kean has gone
    • I will renew once we have new owners
    • I will renew once we are better run (regardless of the owners / manager)
    • I will renew once we are back in the premiership
    • I'm not ever likely to renew
    • I will still attend some home games
    • I will still attend some away game
    • I'm not likely to attend any Rovers games now
    • N/A - I *WILL* be renewing (or have already renewed)
    • N/A - I didn't have a season ticket last season and still wont
    • N/A - I didn't have a season ticket last season, but will this season

We all know how the setup at Ewood like to spin things, in particular to deflect any criticism directed towards the manager. With that in mind you all better get ready for this "majority support me, minority don't" crap on a weekly basis because the ground won't be empty. An empty ground with no fans would remove that argument by the current setup completely.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Already am.

Please stop quoting him/her - thanks. :tu:

Yea sorry that was just so people know for definite who I was talking about.....I'm only replying when it's a genuine point, not the 95% of his nonsensical garbage.

Which post was that?

Can't remember.....was a while ago.....Majiball called you on it then wrote a follow up post with lots of big words also and you were like, "that mus have taken you ages" or something....like I said, I initially got the impression you thought you were smarter than most and seemed to think what you were saying was right because of it.

However, even if you are intelligent in real life, you clearly know little about football as you can't quite comprehend just how bad Kean really is.

8500 poor souls, oh dear! lambs to the slaughter or should it be early birds for the coming shooting season.

It's 8,490 more than the posters who dominate the airwaves on here these days kept gloating would be there next season. What happened to all the "I go with 19 mates and none of us are renewing"? The fact that 50% renewed, while a massive drop, shows how unrepresentative of the total fanbase all the 'discussions" on here are.

To be fair there were always quite a few who said they were renewing....and ones who did were greeted with "do you want some more sand to bury your head with" and things like that.....well maybe nobody actually said that but people still made remarks slagging them off so they might have been hesitant to admit it.

And fans who don't read this messageboard are generally less aware of all the goings on that surround our club and therefore I would presume the percentage would be higher anyway.....and I imagine for some, as much as they didn't want to, couldn't envisage ever not going every other saturday so they eventually renewed anyway....and the people who renewed but aren't gonna go to the games.

Personally, I feel the only real effective, non-personal, protest that can be done is a major boycott which is incredibly unlikely so the difference between 1 or 2000 people going and 7 or 8 isn't too great.....Kean would win Gold in a bullshitting Olympics so he'll spin whatever happens regardless.....apart from a boycott that is, no chance of spinning that.

I think the results of the poll we held on here was just about bang on.

You're very bitter EIT.

Bitter? That wouldn't be one of the opinions posted as fact you are so keen to point out in others would it?

Bored witless more like by the highly repetitive handful who make this board a sterile desert of debate

It's 8,490 more than the posters who dominate the airwaves on here these days kept gloating would be there next season. What happened to all the "I go with 19 mates and none of us are renewing"? The fact that 50% renewed, while a massive drop, shows how unrepresentative of the total fanbase all the 'discussions" on here are.

I don't remember anyone saying no one would attend this season? It was obvious many would be renewing, it was just a question of how many wouldn't.

As an aside, it is hardly anything to celebrate losing half your customers overnight and the damage VenKean have done to our fanbase is astounding.

I don't remember anyone saying no one would attend this season? It was obvious many would be renewing, it was just a question of how many wouldn't.

As an aside, it is hardly anything to celebrate losing half your customers overnight and the damage VenKean have done to our fanbase is astounding.

Who's celebrating? I was observing that 50% renewal did not match the predominant tone on here, ergo on here by definition isn't representative of the total fanbase, something that has been claimed many times.

Perhaps if I stated umpteen times a day every day I feel no connection to the club and have no interest whatsoever in anything that happens there, but still spend half my life on here, I'd fit in more.

Are people taking the 8500 as the true number?

I'm viewing anything that comes out of the club with some scepticism.

Remember Hunt and Angew said on live radio that the Salgado situation was nothing to do with his contract, and that kids weren't searched on the way into the ground. Agnew has previous for bending the truth when it suits.

Who's celebrating? I was observing that 50% renewal did not match the predominant tone on here, ergo on here by definition isn't representative of the total fanbase, something that has been claimed many times.

Perhaps if I stated umpteen times a day every day I feel no connection to the club and have no interest whatsoever in anything that happens there, but still spend half my life on here, I'd fit in more.

The poll on here reflected the renewal figure EIT, so the site is reasonably representative, - why wouldn't it be? As for the "predominant tone" on here, well, from what I read about the renewal discussions, both sides make their views known. You might not get it from being out of the country, but a huge number of fans are so very, very angry at the owners. That's bound to come across all mediums, not just this site- and it does.

Not to get involved in your historical niggles, but you are just stating the obvious pal.

It was pretty obvious more than one person would renew. It is pretty obvious that the only way to get full representation across the entire fanbase would be to ask them ALL.

Why are you bothered about fitting in? It is a message board and your opinion is just as important / unimportant as anyone else's. If people here irritate you, join a different message board.

There's nothing left to debate. The club is on its beam ends, being strangled by negligent owners and incapable management. Everyone (barring a few crazies) can see it.

What are you expecting, informed reasoned discourse intended to stimulate the intellect and elevate your standing amongst your fellow men? Perhaps an oxbridge debating society would be more your thing.

Isn't there some validity in EIT's argument, that the Messageboard doesn't fully reflect what supporters do?

According to the club, the sale of season tickets is in the "region" of 8500, which I presume will be at least slightly lower than that.

I'm rather sceptical that this is a "net" figure given the number of alleged cancellations written about on the board.

It's still a higher figure than I had expected.

I don't recall the exact %age reflected in the poll re renewals but I'm pretty sure it was a lot lower.

Isn't there some validity in EIT's argument, that the Messageboard doesn't fully reflect what supporters do?

According to the club, the sale of season tickets is in the "region" of 8500, which I presume will be at least slightly lower than that.

I'm rather sceptical that this is a "net" figure given the number of alleged cancellations written about on the board.

It's still a higher figure than I had expected.

I don't recall the exact %age reflected in the poll re renewals but I'm pretty sure it was a lot lower.

I remember saying that if the poll was accurate, the figure of renewals would be around 7000. That was what - a couple of months ago? Since then some fans have changed their minds and renewed, so I guess the poll was fairly accurate in it's results 92er.

One poster on here is just one fan after all EIT.

Still not following Rovers until we remove both Kean and Venkys.

It doesn't matter to me at all if we're in Leage 2 or the Champions League, but I can not for one second fanthom enjoying something shared with the above-stated cancers to our club.

No we sold 12000 last time, we only lost 3000 that summer.

We are likely to be way under 10000 this season and that is an almighty fall from the 19000 of 2010.

No sugar coating these figures.

Ah was it down 5k by end of 2nd year was it?? I reckon about 10k, which considering...im suprised they have managed to reach.

Id love to see how many actually would come back IF/ When Kean gets the sack, not convinced it will be as high as the talk suggests.

Not sugar coating....just talking numbers.

Archived