BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Krystal Parker - Blackburn Rovers & NI - Looking for Sponsorship

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rochdale Ladies folded this week, they played in the same division as Rovers, as they couldn't get the finance to continue.

How can we pay overseas players tens of thousands of pounds each to play over here and have hundreds of them too yet we cant afford to play football in this country how is this right and what is wrong with this country regarding the state of our national game.

How can we pay overseas players tens of thousands of pounds each to play over here and have hundreds of them too yet we cant afford to play football in this country how is this right and what is wrong with this country regarding the state of our national game.

Public interest.

Paying £350-400 pounds a year to do what you love isn't that much.

If women tried something different rather than playing the exact same sport as the men do then it might become more entertaining. Smaller pitches and smaller goals could possibly generate more interest.

If women tried something different rather than playing the exact same sport as the men do then it might become more entertaining. Smaller pitches and smaller goals could possibly generate more interest.

I pay £300 a season just to watch the home games at Radcliffe, it costs the players alot more.....£300-£400 is alot if you haven't got it. I'm just doing my best to help out a player who has played for Rovers for the last 4 years. Women's football is very different to Men's football and to say changing the sizes of goals and pitches is just ridiculous.

Why not go to Radcliffe on Sunday and watch the team play, you'll soon see that they are better than you think.

Another alternative would be to have the ladies play their home games immediately before the first team at home games.That way it would be give the fans two matches to watch ,it would give the club more revenue on refreshments etc and they could maybe add an extra Quid or two to the entrance fee to cover sponsorship for the ladies.It would also make a day of it for the fans and give the ladies more support on the pitch.

Another alternative would be to have the ladies play their home games immediately before the first team at home games.That way it would be give the fans two matches to watch ,it would give the club more revenue on refreshments etc and they could maybe add an extra Quid or two to the entrance fee to cover sponsorship for the ladies.It would also make a day of it for the fans and give the ladies more support on the pitch.

nice idea...won't happen

I pay £300 a season just to watch the home games at Radcliffe, it costs the players alot more.....£300-£400 is alot if you haven't got it. I'm just doing my best to help out a player who has played for Rovers for the last 4 years. Women's football is very different to Men's football and to say changing the sizes of goals and pitches is just ridiculous.

Why not go to Radcliffe on Sunday and watch the team play, you'll soon see that they are better than you think.

Good on you.

Why do you think it's ridiculous? In the grand slams of tennis, men play five sets while the women only play three. In golf women play off a tee closer to the hole than the men do. They run slower, they jump lower - why is it ridiculous to suggest adjusting the size of the pitch and goals to make it more entertaining? The reason I suggest it gets changed is because it indeed is very different.

Good on you.

Why do you think it's ridiculous? In the grand slams of tennis, men play five sets while the women only play three. In golf women play off a tee closer to the hole than the men do. They run slower, they jump lower - why is it ridiculous to suggest adjusting the size of the pitch and goals to make it more entertaining? The reason I suggest it gets changed is because it indeed is very different.

well the man problem, only one women's team in the UK has it's own stadium...Bristol Academy. Everyone else pays on non-league pitches or college pitches. The simple logistics are against that idea. it'll cost between £3m to £6m to build Rovers Ladies a stadium of their own.

if you've got that type of money it might just solve all the problems.

I hate to say this footypix but the interest is simply not there in womens football,maybe if they played at Ewood a few more would attend but probably not that many.

With all that is happening to this club at the moment womens football does not register on the scale with most fans.

the club don't want an extra 10 -12 games a season on the pitch, that's why they travel to play in Manchester when a pitch in Blackburn isn't being used. It has come clear that of all the staff and adult players who work for Blackburn Rovers, the women's team are the only one's who work for nothing... that can't be write. In Iceland all footballers are paid the same....male or female.they get the same rate of pay for playing football for the club.

If Rovers Ladies could get just 2% of the Rovers fanbase to watch the team play we could keep our better players. The team are likely to lose 4 or 5 of the 1st team before the season starts.

At present, a lottery ticket or progrtamme seller will get better paid then a player who represents Blackburn Rovers and that can't be right. They are currently the only people at Ewood Park who work for nothing..

Rovers put in around £35k a season, down from around £75k a season a few years ago, following relegation to the Northern League. Funding from the FA has reduced. When FAWSL started Rovers lost an entire team of players to other clubs in the NW because they stopped paying wages (£30 per week) or travel expenses.

The younger players in the reserve team (16 & 17 year olds) are expected to find sponsorshiip of around £300-£400 a season. This goes to the club and pays for referee's, administration, travel and pitch hire. If a player is booked or sent off it'll cost them a Lancs FA fine of around £10 for yellow or £50 for a red card. The players have to travel to Accrington and Brockhall for training twice a week and to Manchester for games.

The biggest problem is that apart from the players parents attending games, the club only has 4 supporters (who attend on a regular basis). I've been watching the team for the last 6 season's, but if the club is to ever return to the top flight of women's football it'll need the backing of the clubs fanbase.

The fans are reluctant to travel to Radcliffe or don't know anything about the club. The club needs more support if it is to compete financially with the bigger clubs.

The club's 1st home game is v Leicester City followed by an away game at PNE (Bamber Bridge)...

If we can get 100+ fans at every game, it;ll help the club in the long run.

Rochdale Ladies folded this week, they played in the same division as Rovers, as they couldn't get the finance to continue.

Can't say that I've taken much notice of the womens team but Ewood hosted the European Championships in 2005, after this we seemed to create a structure and be competing at in the Womens Premier League. Only a few seasons ago they were trailed on the big screens and played Arsenal at Ewood, how have they managed to end up where they are? As you say one weeks of a Rovers players wages would keep the team running for years, so why are Rovers not doing just that? I can't see fans flocking to Radcliffe in great numbers without publicity or information, I wasn't even aware they played there until reading this thread. Womens football just looks to have gone in another direction with the WSL and Rovers look to be left behind fighting the tide.

The club has enough money to sort this out if they wanted to, however the desire isn't there. I just think the number of top women's teams will have to be much smaller than the equivalent in men's, as the desire to watch isn't there. A smaller volume would probably increase competition in that league too.

That said Id contribute to a brfcs collection, but it's pretty sad that for a few hundred quid one of the players hasn't just handed over the money.

well the man problem, only one women's team in the UK has it's own stadium...Bristol Academy. Everyone else pays on non-league pitches or college pitches. The simple logistics are against that idea. it'll cost between £3m to £6m to build Rovers Ladies a stadium of their own.

if you've got that type of money it might just solve all the problems.

Who said anything about a new stadium, buying some chalk doesn't cost £3m to £6m and there are removable goals around - just make them smaller.

Public interest.

But if somebody was prepared to cover that cost for you, and on top of that pay you to play a decent amount of money, you know which you'd choose and when we have the incompoetent manager taking over a million pounds out of the club then for the ladies to have their budget slashed I find is totally unacceptable.

The club should be paying at least a minimum of 100k per season to cover the ladies teams costs.

But if somebody was prepared to cover that cost for you, and on top of that pay you to play a decent amount of money, you know which you'd choose and when we have the incompoetent manager taking over a million pounds out of the club then for the ladies to have their budget slashed I find is totally unacceptable.

The club should be paying at least a minimum of 100k per season to cover the ladies teams costs.

The goal of any football club or team, regardless of gender, should be to become self-sustainable and balance the books. The women need to generate income themselves, and by playing under the Blackburn Rovers FC umbrella they should be able to attract sponsorship to cover their expenses. I don't agree that the club should cover 100K just like that...

Arsenal Ladies FC have a budget of £2.5million a season, that is why they are the best and most successful club in the country. I just want to give Scott a chance of competing and the players shouldn't have to spend £1000 a season to represent Rovers.

£1000 a season is how much it costs a player to play football for Blackburn Rovers. I think it's not outrageous to cover the players travel expenses and provide a small wage (£50 a match or so). Crowds of 400 - 500 would go along way to making the club self-sustainable. the town of Blackburn doesn't have a suitable football ground for the ladies to play at. It would cost around £7000 a match to play at Ewood Park, due to stewarding costs. The players are very proud to play for Rovers, but for one I don't believe they should play for free. You wouldn't see a male player for dust if he was asked to play for free.

The goal of any football club or team, regardless of gender, should be to become self-sustainable and balance the books. The women need to generate income themselves, and by playing under the Blackburn Rovers FC umbrella they should be able to attract sponsorship to cover their expenses. I don't agree that the club should cover 100K just like that...

So you think to balance the books its OK to pay a useless tw@t over a million pounds a year and not 30 or 40 local individuals one hundred thousand pound per annum collectively.

So you think to balance the books its OK to pay a useless tw@t over a million pounds a year and not 30 or 40 local individuals one hundred thousand pound per annum collectively.

No. But two wrongs don't make one right.

Suggesting wages at this stage is just crazy btw, footypix.

It's not crazy if the additional funding can be brought in with a concerned effort to obtain corporate sponsorship. Chorley FC brought in £40,000 by raffling of the shirt sponsorship. Such a scheme whould being in the additional funds, as well as bringing in more awareness of Rovers Ladies to the community.

England players are on £25,000 a season, we are not talking about such figures at present. We are looking to ask the question, can the club ensure that a player (or family) isn't out of pocket by representing the club.

if it means that extra revenue needs to be raised through corporate sponsorship then that is an avenue the club will have to go down.

A 16-18 player in the Academy is likley to be earning more than the £50 a game that has been mentioned for the ladies.

In Iceland, they have an equal pay act....male and female players earn the same, in some cases around £200,000 a season.

For 100k you can have a better ladies team, that attracts more attention, thus promoting many a talented female footballer that then gives the club far more of a positive exposure outside the Blackburn area a lot more in return for the one hundred thousand pounds the club throws in.

But hey its obvious to all that these guys are only interested in themselves and not the club

For 100k you can have a better ladies team, that attracts more attention, thus promoting many a talented female footballer that then gives the club far more of a positive exposure outside the Blackburn area a lot more in return for the one hundred thousand pounds the club throws in.

But hey its obvious to all that these guys are only interested in themselves and not the club

I can't agree with the club directly funding this, but possibly getting their corpirate sales people to spend a bit of time getting spinsorship....In my experience it should be fairly straight forward.....perhaps with the current state of affairs it might be a bit more tricky....Rovers popularity will be at an all time low with local business.

wait till they sack this knob.

I can't agree with the club directly funding this, but possibly getting their corpirate sales people to spend a bit of time getting spinsorship....In my experience it should be fairly straight forward.....perhaps with the current state of affairs it might be a bit more tricky....Rovers popularity will be at an all time low with local business.

wait till they sack this knob.

You never hear any Arsenal fan talking about how they fund the women's team, as it's an integeral part of the club. They just count the trophies...

They are pround to have a far-sighted club and are proud to support the team. 5000 watched a ladies fixture earlier this season.

Archived