BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Scott Dann

Dreyski

I've just ###### myself laughing at what I just read on Scott Dann on a Saint's forum.

He basically sounds like a very cultured, technical centre back. We all know how much NA likes the CB's to be able to play out from the back...so that would explain why we want him as much as we do.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Put yourself in their shoes... They've just been promoted to the PL and are linked to a 25 year old central defender who only two years ago were rumored for an England call-up and who is probably available fairly cheap since he in his last two seasons has had a lot of bad luck with injuries and played with weak defenders in front of disorganized midfields. There's no doubt that Dann was terrible for us last season, but he still has a decent reputation and I don't think people are stupid for believing it. If we were in a similar sitution there would probably have been a lot of positive reactions; "He'll finally play for a good manager in a decent team where he doesn't have to do everything himself" and the like.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If a cultured defender is one who A.) is soft B.) can't head a ball and C.) never attempts any kind of blocks. Then yes he is VERY cultured.

Can cultured defenders tackle? If not he is the most cultured of all defenders in Europe.

After two years of having a "rough time" Maybe he will come good in the championship. It does happen Collocini at Newcastle looked awful, they got relegated and bounced back up and the guy looks a collosus and is wanted by Man City now.

I'd personally give him another year, who knows? His value is pretty low atm but with a good year it would increase again tenfold.

After two years of having a "rough time" Maybe he will come good in the championship. It does happen Collocini at Newcastle looked awful, they got relegated and bounced back up and the guy looks a collosus and is wanted by Man City now.

I'd personally give him another year, who knows? His value is pretty low atm but with a good year it would increase again tenfold.

I know what you're saying but Coloccini was/is an Argentinian international who took longer than most to become accustomed to the English game.....he was just inconsistent and played well roughly half the time, as well as occasionally during his awful games......Scott Dann had 2 good games that I saw and rarely impressed me in the others.

I think we could get roughly 3 million for Dann due to his reputation being fairly intact......another year of mediocrity (and that's putting it lightly) and we would get about 1 million for him.

I would happily keep him as back up for Givet and Hanley, and the more experience in the dressing room the better, but I am fairly certain he would usually be starting over either Dann or Hanley and that's why we should get rid.....also because he's terrible at football.....for us that is.....but I don't care how good he was at Birmingham like I don't care how good Chimbonda was at Wigan or Andrews apparently was at Ipswich....like I'm sure most Spurs fans won't care how good Bentley was for us, or City fans with Santa Cruz or Villa fans with Warnock....for one reason or another sometimes it just doesn't work out for certain players at certain clubs and the chances of Scott Dann being alright for us, even with the dropping down of a division, isn't too much higher than Kean becoming a competent manager imo.

He needs somebody alongside him to tell him what to do. That says it all. That would allow him to put in some of those slide tackles or blocks which look great on TV and everyone will think he's top half decent again. Sadly, his role at Rovers was to be the leader. And he got found out. From what i saw last year, i would have worries about him even at Championship level. But listening to the Shebby Singh interview tonight, it sounds like center halves are well down our list of priorities. Amazingly.

I think Scott Dann was truly truly awful. I think he played a huge personal part in our demise, just how many player that he should have had scored against us totally unchallenged. He is utter crap, one of the worst defenders I have ever seen in a Rovers shirt. I hope we can sell him for something.

• 2 weeks later...

Skysports reporting Sunderland are willing to offer £5m for Dann. If true....ACCEPT IT!

Also says despite back to back relegations Dann has maintained a good reputation. No idea how as mannequin would have more movement than Dann.

It's who his replacement would be that would worry me the most...

They would have to be pretty terrible to be as bad as Dann was who had no redeeming qualities and was equally shocking at everything a defender is meant to do.....as long as the replacement can do one of those things to an acceptable standard then they would be a vast improvement.....plus if we spend most of the 5 million or whatever we get for Dann on a replacement, the chances of them being bad are slim.....not that I think we will spend most of the money but there will be plenty of CB's for less than 1 million who are better than Dann.

Dann made his reputation whilst being out injured in the second half the season BCFC got relegated - says it all really, the media live off rumour and once the bandwagon is rolling it don't stop, cause anyone seeing him last season can not think he is a dominant centre half of any stature at all.

i would snap their hand off, put givet at cb with hanley and get a good left back in and some good, experienced cover in at cb. i'd then ask southamptona what they want for billy sharp.

dann was a disgrace last season. i couldn't see how he was a technical player or a good defender...

Dann made his reputation whilst being out injured in the second half the season BCFC got relegated - says it all really, the media live off rumour and once the bandwagon is rolling it don't stop, cause anyone seeing him last season can not think he is a dominant centre half of any stature at all.

He made a reputation as a cb at birmingham mcleish's dire tactics based on out and out defence made sure him and roger johnson were made too look good despite being two very average players.

He made a reputation as a cb at birmingham mcleish's dire tactics based on out and out defence made sure him and roger johnson were made too look good despite being two very average players.

His and Johnson's reputations came from the season they had at Birmingham with Joe Hart in goal, i did see some stat like he made the record number of saves that season since the PL began.

Archived