BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Big Sam means business !?!?

Come on Aggers, Shebby, you talk a good game, what's the reaction to marvel Stevie drunk out of his tits again?

One of the funniest quotes I have ever read on this forum. Had a real old chuckle at that description - how on earth has it come to this?

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Always liked Big Sam, especially when he was at Rovers.

Take as much of his fraudulently-obtained income (by conning the dimwitted Raos into believing he's a football manager) as you possibly can.

We'll be backing you all the way.

Based on what Sam has told them. They wouldn't investigate their own client surely

They would ensure that Kean could not provide evidence of any wrongdoings and that they were in a pretty strong position, Kean would have to prove wrongdoings,

they would, in meetings with Sam, have gone through everything to ensure its a winnable case!

Based on what Sam has told them. They wouldn't investigate their own client surely

Depends on what you mean by "investigate". Would they hire a PI to tail their own client? No. But they would certainly grill Sam and follow up any inconsistencies and potential problems, including the alleged Panorama expose. They would feel pretty comfortable they had a solid claim before filing.

Of course Kean will have a chance to respond, which may expose a problem with Sam's case. But considering Kean and Venky's poor judgment to date I suspect Sam will be giving them the metaphorical boot.

They would ensure that Kean could not provide evidence of any wrongdoings and that they were in a pretty strong position, Kean would have to prove wrongdoings, they would, in meetings with Sam, have gone through everything to ensure its a winnable case!

Exactly.

And Sam I suspect is smart enough to level with his attorneys. Unlike Kean who seems to live in a perpetual fantasy land, from my perspective.

From reports it seems that Big Sam lodged papers at the high court on 12th July, is there a way to get access to what has been lodged?

As a journo Kamy I think you could get access if you knew which district/court the papers had been filed!

I will draw some small amount of satisfaction if Sam can sue Kean and take most of his ill gotten gains from his time at Rovers. We're enough of a laughing stock that I think dragging the owners and Kean through the courts will just further highlight what a disaster they have been for our club.

Cannot help thinking , this will not go to court .

Kean and the club will settle out of court , Sam is in a no lose situation !!!!

I wonder who will pay the costs of the out of court settlement , the season ticket holders with their renewals , or do you think it will come out of Keans own pocket ?

This is just a thought ....

Whether he gets taken to the cleaners or not, it just shows how the club has fallen in such a short period of time. Having legal action taken against them from a former manager because of what the current manager has said drunkenly in a bar to a bunch of strangers.

The cherry on the cake is that he's not been disciplined for it, it's almost as if it didn't happen.

Has anyone stopped to think that Kean may well have some evidence to back his drunken claim up?

Why didn't Allardyce sue the BBC?

Think the onus would be on Kean and the club to prove that Sam is a "crook" and was terminated because of this.

If not then they are ######.

Has anyone stopped to think that Kean may well have some evidence to back his drunken claim up?

Why didn't Allardyce sue the BBC?

Two different things here Gav, the inference was that Sam was crooked at Rovers and hence the sacking, the legal guys will have done their homework here in light of previous stuff, they have taken quite a bit of time in assessing this and will be very confident of a winning case!

Sorry to rain on this parade, but isn't this giving Kean a ready-made excuse?

"with this court case hanging over us, It's been difficult to get the results we need to put us into the position we ought to be, we're top 6 definately and the owners know the direction we're going "

Can't see this being settled quickly however, without some creative external intervention............... Just my idea for mediation, but I would buy a ticket to see Kean and Sam sort it out in a cage fight, otherwise the only prospect of Kean going as a result of the case is if he perjures himself or otherwise is in contempt of court and gets a 'stretch'. I hope he has a 'wee glass' to settle himself before his evidence.

Much as I despise Kean and all he stands for, this seems like a frivolous case (assuming it's actually about the video). Kean got drunk again and called his former boss a crook. So what? All it proves it that Kean is an odious little turd, but we already knew that. If John Terry can say what he said to Anton Ferdinand in front of an audience of millions, and get away with it, there's no chance of Kean getting punished, and no way a court should waste any time on it.

Much as I despise Kean and all he stands for, this seems like a frivolous case (assuming it's actually about the video). Kean got drunk again and called his former boss a crook. So what? All it proves it that Kean is an odious little turd, but we already knew that. If John Terry can say what he said to Anton Ferdinand in front of an audience of millions, and get away with it, there's no chance of Kean getting punished, and no way a court should waste any time on it.

The 'court' is a civil court and that's what it spends its day doing.

It is slander directly aimed at someone's character and therefore his career, of course he should be in court.

I was trying to find some successful slander cases on the internet and saw this on the BBC site:

"While people in the Middle Ages caught writing down false and injurious statements about another person risked having a hand amputated, for saying something nasty slanderers merely lost their ears. "

Let's get some mediaeval justice for Stevie K!

I was trying to find some successful slander cases on the internet and saw this on the BBC site:

"While people in the Middle Ages caught writing down false and injurious statements about another person risked having a hand amputated, for saying something nasty slanderers merely lost their ears. "

Let's get some mediaeval justice for Stevie K!

Would much rather have his tongue cut off and then we wont have to listen to the drivel!

Archived